Sith Raid feedback

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    On my own opinon, this raid is THE raid. both HR and rancor are jokes. This will allow my guild to actually need to think together to win it. The only **** part is challenge gear rewards, but if they remove that, 100% perfect
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    So the raid is extremely difficult to complete. Where have we heard that before? Oh that's right it was the haat and now it can be completed by most guilds in under an hour and half. The new Sirh raid for now looks like every guild will need 50 Jedi Training Rey squads in order to get past the 1st tier, yikes but did the devs give away something before the last HF.

The Heroic Tier indicated Requirement: 7-Star or Higher. We are clarifying, Requirement: 7-Star.

Could this possibly mean a star increase to toons. Not to mention that there is still the possibility of level cap 90 coming soon. For the last 2 raids there was a level cap increase each time. So I'm figuring that the Devs are sitting back laughing their butts off at those who wanted a more challening raid but are now crying about it. The new toons added along with new Sith raid shows just how much this game keeps evolving. Which by the way this raid looks awesome even though my guild will need a couple keeps to get past phase 1 of the tier 6 difficulty of this raid.
  • Ok so the raid nihilus can get 2 annihilate kills in before I get to even get mine to 1 cooldown and I’ve found that vader,death trooper,palp,boba and thrawn are most effective so far but getting through the protection is the challenge as he can just keep adding to it
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Ok so the raid nihilus can get 2 annihilate kills in before I get to even get mine to 1 cooldown and I’ve found that vader,death trooper,palp,boba and thrawn are most effective so far but getting through the protection is the challenge as he can just keep adding to it

for one thing, thats a dumb comparison, bcos boos nihilus outspeeds the eff out of your nihilus. For another, both feed the void and ceaseless craving reduces cooldowns.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Toons who have two special abilities that can do damage (or reduce cooldowns) are very important to prevent DN regaining protection.

Avoid buffing your team too. It feeds him. Feeds him I say.

• DarthPrimus
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So basicly lot of people are salty because they can't solo it o day 1? Djeez, my advice l2r.
    Yes nihilus annihilates,go figure, if only cg added a mechanic to deal with that...oh wait they have.

Other than that, you can't just use a team that did well in other raid with totally different mechanics and expect similar results.

Leasons learned in 1st 24 hours, assists and counters will kill you, unless you can manage the debuffs.
    Buff heavy team can work, but expect more annihilates,
    Only dependable negative effects are the non-resistable ones, jtr's mind trick and lead to name a few
    Manage raid buff wisely, manage nihilus his cool downs

There is much more , but it starts by reading the mechanics.

Ty cg for adding a raid which requires a brain aswel as a big roster.

Let's use this time to discuss what works not Mitch and boan cause your g12 all-star team doesn't solo new content
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    it's like they learned nothing from the HAAT initial rollout. mindblowingly awful experience. i'm at a loss for words.

I have doubts and could be wrong, but is the Raid to be one challenge that need full guild cooperation or not?

When i played last time in one top guild most players Solo Heroic Rancor alone with auto, i could auto with many teams.

Heroic HAAT few players Can finish alone with few teams like i could before stop playing, some now can Solo with one team if have vader and Wampa at max.

Cannot see the new raid because i am not in any guild, but if you have 4 phases with one boss per phase P1-P3, with P4 with the 3 bosses, the guild need that the 50 players have 2 teams per phase that do 2%+ per team, so P1-P3 with one team per member you finish, and Will need the other 3 teams per member to beat P4.

One guild with 50 members, 6 teams XII with omegas/zetas and average mods per member seems possible to high level guilds, the only matter is find the 2% teams per phase and all members have focus, seems like one real Raid for me if not nerfed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    My only issue with the new raid (which is very nicely done - both in terms of cut scenes, graphics, etc. and difficulty) is the fact that in Phase 4 the Triumvirate are basically immune to everything. I understand you need to make them immune to TM-reduction (to prevent TM-manipulation teams being the thing like in Rancor), but cranking their tenacity to 1000000% just seems like a cheese way to make it difficult. I don't need to solo it or even do significant damage, but it seems odd to have characters with all of these well-synergized abilities that are all g12 that go into a raid phase and do 50k damage because none of their buffs or debuffs matter.

That said, the new raid is very well done and was a lot of fun. I'm sure we will learn some better teams, strategies, etc. but overall it was an enjoyable experience. Phase 4 is a little rough - but still visually extremely well done. Thank you devs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This raid is terribly designed for any guild that isn’t one of the top guilds out there with 50 active high skilled players. It’s not at all fun to play and makes the overall game that much worse. To top it off after all
    Of the headache, if we do manage to somehow finish, we’ll be “rewarded” with gear we already have thousands of. I’ll be recommending we abandon our current raid and continue to ignore this until it undergoes a major redesign. That’s the only way we are going to keep enthusiasm and enjoyment up in our guild.

Very disappointed with dev team on this one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    This raid is terribly designed for any guild that isn’t one of the top guilds out there with 50 active high skilled players. It’s not at all fun to play and makes the overall game that much worse. To top it off after all
    Of the headache, if we do manage to somehow finish, we’ll be “rewarded” with gear we already have thousands of. I’ll be recommending we abandon our current raid and continue to ignore this until it undergoes a major redesign. That’s the only way we are going to keep enthusiasm and enjoyment up in our guild.

May i ask what tier you're attempting?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    This raid is terribly designed for any guild that isn’t one of the top guilds out there with 50 active high skilled players. It’s not at all fun to play and makes the overall game that much worse. To top it off after all

We started with tier 5 because the recommendations made it seem “doable”. For us, it isn’t going to be. From what I have read, every tier of this raid seems designed for guilds filled with players with complete rosters of characters fully maxed. Our guild is all f2p players. Nobody in our guild has General Kenobi or JTR or Wampa. The devs have forgotten about guilds like ours with this raid. There shouldn’t be tiers below 6 if this was their intention.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    I just dont understand people here anymore. Complaining about difficulty of every single end game content. Its a new raid, its supposed to be really hard. Did you expected to just auto it with single team or what? If your guild struggle with tier 5 or 6 than go do lower tiers, thats why there is 7 tiers. High tiers are supposed to be a challenge for strong guilds. If you dont have 50 active members well too bad, maybe you need to think about merge, if they did difficulty for like 20 people, it would be too easy for most of the guilds.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    We started with tier 5 because the recommendations made it seem “doable”. For us, it isn’t going to be. From what I have read, every tier of this raid seems designed for guilds filled with players with complete rosters of characters fully maxed. Our guild is all f2p players. Nobody in our guild has General Kenobi or JTR or Wampa. The devs have forgotten about guilds like ours with this raid. There shouldn’t be tiers below 6 if this was their intention.

If your guild cant do Haat to get Kenobi, how do you expect to be able to do high tiers of the more difficult raid? When they released AAT with only 2 difficulties, thats where they forgot about weak F2P guilds, there are 7 tiers now, just try to do tier 1 or 2 and if you do well go for higher one and you will slowly get to do higher tiers.

• Riegorn wrote: »
    I just dont understand people here anymore. Complaining about difficulty of every single end game content. Its a new raid, its supposed to be really hard. Did you expected to just auto it with single team or what? If your guild struggle with tier 5 or 6 than go do lower tiers, thats why there is 7 tiers. High tiers are supposed to be a challenge for strong guilds. If you dont have 50 active members well too bad, maybe you need to think about merge, if they did difficulty for like 20 people, it would be too easy for most of the guilds.

Congratulations on being in awesomely powerful guild. No we didn’t expect anyone to Solo it. We have a good friendly little guild that is slowly getting better. We have no desire to blow it up to become full time dedicated GOH characters. We like our guild. We just expect the dev team to present a challenge that is scalable to the ability of the guild. They failed. It’s okay to admit that. Your guild kicks ****. Great. That doesn’t mean that weaker guilds should just shut up when they see something they don’t like. We will never complete the heroic level of this raid - and that’s fine with us.

Just make the lower levels fun for us while you enjoy your heroic challenge and getting Traya and chasing the new meta.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

That logic is beyond me, they forgot about the less advanced guilds, but there shouldn't be any tiers below tier 6? O_o
    Anyway, there's no shame in starting a low tier. My guild sure did when the rancor got released and we took our sweet time before we were able to clear hAAT.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Congratulations on being in awesomely powerful guild. No we didn’t expect anyone to Solo it. We have a good friendly little guild that is slowly getting better. We have no desire to blow it up to become full time dedicated GOH characters. We like our guild. We just expect the dev team to present a challenge that is scalable to the ability of the guild. They failed. It’s okay to admit that. Your guild kicks ****. Great. That doesn’t mean that weaker guilds should just shut up when they see something they don’t like. We will never complete the heroic level of this raid - and that’s fine with us.

Just make the lower levels fun for us while you enjoy your heroic challenge and getting Traya and chasing the new meta.

I never said im in super good guild, we doing tier 5 and its gonna take 3 or 4 days, but you complaining about them not doing anything for weaker guilds is *********. The whole reason why there is 7 tiers is to make it accessible for pretty much everyone.
  • Baphos
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    . Our guild is all f2p players. Nobody in our guild has General Kenobi or JTR or Wampa. The devs have forgotten about guilds like ours with this raid. There shouldn’t be tiers below 6 if this was their intention.

I think they’ve done the raid exactly for you - it’s PIT. Although the name of the raid is in relevance with your current position - at the very bottom of the game.

I’m f2p aswell. But there’s a slight difference between being f2p and being a loser.

• thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Riegorn wrote: »

If your guild cant do Haat to get Kenobi, how do you expect to be able to do high tiers of the more difficult raid? When they released AAT with only 2 difficulties, thats where they forgot about weak F2P guilds, there are 7 tiers now, just try to do tier 1 or 2 and if you do well go for higher one and you will slowly get to do higher tiers.

In fairness they said they followed the recommendations. These are often slightly aggressive......
  • Riegorn wrote: »
    Our guild clears normal tank raid in less than 12 hours. We are fine with what our level. We followed their recommendation and looked at the raid tickets required to launch tier5 of the new raid. Based on that we were expecting it to be a bit more difficult but this is ridiculous. It’s closer to the initial launch of the normal tank raid than a raid that can be beaten by their recommended guild level
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Imagine two worlds:

On Earth-1, our earth, the raid is really hard on release. People do it for a month, data is collected, eventually the difficulty is scaled back to be more in-line with the expected completion rate. (Considering T6 gives g12 pieces, I don't think they want us finishing them in 24 hours, in other words).

On Earth-2, the earth where Superman is a network news anchor because DC correctly called the death of print media in the 1970s, the raid is easy and people are finishing it in a couple days. Data is collected and the difficulty is scaled up to be more in-line with the expected completion rate.

Which Earth is going to have a crisis first?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gawejn
    1088 posts Member
    Riegorn wrote: »
    Our guild clears normal tank raid in less than 12 hours. We are fine with what our level. We followed their recommendation and looked at the raid tickets required to launch tier5 of the new raid. Based on that we were expecting it to be a bit more difficult but this is ridiculous. It’s closer to the initial launch of the normal tank raid than a raid that can be beaten by their recommended guild level
    Normal Aat raid at the begining was completely different. Comparing to guilds strength now and more than a year ago so this new raid is like 10 times faster maybe even more. Now players has much more toons to play, toons are stronger, there are few teams that can do quite good dmg. NAAT at the begining was completely broken. Weeks to pass phase 1 for average non whale guild. Players were loosing interest to play this raid. Efect was that it wasnt possible to finish NAat at all for many guilds. I remember that my guild abandoned NAat after rework and started from begining. We never finished orginal NAat. We didnt pass phase 1. So this raid is not easy, i think it is broken about rewards couse it should be the same in Tier 1-6 but amounts should be different and that is all.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    My 2 cents on this raid:

Rewards: Devs seemed to have understood that we hated having to compete with our guild mates for better rewards and they made TB and TW for us which were awesome (reward wise). Then, seems they forgot or doesnt care and sent us another Raid (which could be good) with the same reward system as the other 2

Time consumption: I understand the need of difficult content and I like it. But, giving us a raid where we will never be able to solo it is a pain. HAAT until this day is still a hassle, sure we can solo it but nowhere near Rancor. We can auto solo rancor in 7 minutes which doesnt require our attention at all. This raid will consume our time like nothing before in this game.

Triumvirate Raid: I like that we cant retreat and we have these new skills. Best bosses you could have come up with, they are all really fun. Animation is awesome, the scenery is great everything looks perfect.

Still possible to get TAC challenge reward which SUCKS BIG TIME! HATE competing with my guildies for better reward. Time consumption is INSANE and it will be like that forever (so it seems).
  • scuba
    14007 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    My guild isn't attempting it until after work.

Putting aside mass hysteria can we get some actual feedback from people attempting the raid?

Which toons seem to work and at what levels?
    Which combos?
    Any particular strategies?
    What is the gp of your guild and how much damage/percentage is your guild doing?

Any info appreciated
    Nihilus tenacity is way up, so TM reduction tactics don't or barely work on him(VaderL, Luke Jedi..cof,cof commander etcetera).
    Jedi are useless as always.
    Nihilus boss also bypass shield so they are useless.

A sith team with Nihilus as leader seems to work more or less against the raid boss.

@CG_RyDiggs I am good with tmr not working in any and all phases. However you have essentially made every other debuff useless unless it is unresistable which there are not many. Still couple times to go on the Raid but it seems it is simply a brute force raid where many synergies related to debuffs are out the window. That is really my main complaint right now. Yes I am sure it is and will be beatable but essentially making them immune to all debuffs is crazy.

Yes modding for crazy high potency could help but guess what CG still has not provided a highly requested feature to help with this. The players call it better mod management. Remove all, save sets, add and remove sets. Instead we still have the same system remove one at a time add one at a time where moving mods takes 5-10 minutes per character. If anything this raid has reinforced the need for something.
  • scuba
    14007 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    People are learning already what works and what doesn't on this raid.

There's a trooper team that does around 3 million on phase 1 at tier vi. There's other teams people are working on too.

Yes, this team do more than 3 milion. I just saw vid. I think under Vader this team would do more than 4 milion dmg.

Why under Vader? Nihilus' tenacity is way too high to get damage over times on him.
    leef wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    People are learning already what works and what doesn't on this raid.

There's a trooper team that does around 3 million on phase 1 at tier vi. There's other teams people are working on too.

Yes, this team do more than 3 milion. I just saw vid. I think under Vader this team would do more than 4 milion dmg.

Why under Vader? Nihilus' tenacity is way too high to get damage over times on him.

No it isn't. I've done it twice in one fight with a Gear 11 Vader.

it's npt that i don't believe you, but i don't believe you ;)
    i'm easily convinced with some screenshots though.

DN (traya and sion also) tenacity drops after taking a turn. As he is damaged his tenacity and speed build up. So if you can get Vader to drop dots right away they can stick. I even had jyn remove his TM with the first move of the battle.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Why does Vaders and Emporers basic keep adding to Nihilus protection...This raid is nothing but frustration and its not even fun,were doing tier 5,I have over 15 million bc im the only one with rey,this raid is nothing but a chore and forget heroic,maybe in 2 years when the game is dead,well have a shot at it,im not jumping guilds,thats all the devs seem to care about.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Why does Vaders and Emporers basic keep adding to Nihilus protection...This raid is nothing but frustration and its not even fun,were doing tier 5,I have over 15 million bc im the only one with rey,this raid is nothing but a chore and forget heroic,maybe in 2 years when the game is dead,well have a shot at it,im not jumping guilds,thats all the devs seem to care about.

Because your Vader and Palpatine have defense down. If you have defense down and use a basic Nihilus gets protection up. You need someone to cleanse debuffs or you need people that rarely use their specials.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm fine with a new challenging raid, everything is fine BUT damage over protection...that's too much and makes it less enjoyable.... I know that's to make healers useful but ****
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Two days in and I really like the raid on the whole because you can't use the same teams from Rancor or AAT. Each raid added has a meta unto itself. It feels like a lot of the criticism is centered around folks who are trying to use their existing teams instead of looking at new ones.

The HP total and tenacity thing could be tuned a little better, but overall I like it. (To be clear, since there are a lot of posts here and it's easy to miss what I said earlier about tenacity, I love the immunity to Tenacity Down, and I love that being buffed is a liability, but even trivial debuffs are being shrugged off easily. Let me have one freaking Defense Down, lol!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • God ****. I can guarantee that Star Wars "fans" are some of the most spoiled and whiny people on the Internet...

Just because you didn't/can't read the tips/pointers, doesn't mean that the raid sucks... it means you didn't read the instructions. This is DEFINITELY not a raid aimed at guilds with <50M GP, or those who like to Auto the match. This takes patience, planning, good teams, and strategy. This was brought out to challenge those whale guilds who are 100-150M GP>. I am legitimately sorry you feel ripped off, but there are still the lower tier versions for those who aren't ready yet.

Kinda agree/disagree with offering Traya shards for lower tiers. I'd be nice to start earning rewards, but there has to be some kind of reward/thanks from CG/EA for those who have been playing since the beginning/those who have dumped tons of cash into it. Yeah, it sucks for us, but it's fair for them.