New Raid First Reactions Thread [Discussion]

Replies

• Movan_Lipost0201
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I ran 4 teams without any problem, and then the 5th one did kitten up. My toons actually did damage, but the final box scored 0 damage, and they weren't add to the total damage screen.Can somebody explain this ? Is there a minimum damage to do?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Was this phase 1? In that phase, Nihilus has a sort of protection - if you didn't manage to break through that, that would be 0 damage, since it only counts damage done to the health.
  • Okay tank you very much! But where do you see the protection? Do you have to kill the two dudes first?
  • uhla
    3 posts Member
    Okay tank you very much! But where do you see the protection? Do you have to kill the two dudes first?

When you click on nihilus, there is purple bar below his health bar. You don't need to kill side kicks, but beware, he uses them to recover that protection.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Do you see the blue bad over the green bar. That's protection.
  • DoraTheDestroyer
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    DarthDuck wrote: »
    I’m sad to say it...phase 1 is a little difficult, that’s obviously an understatement. Yes the raid has been out for a hot second and that also stands to the fact that I don’t think any guild has made it to Sion or Traya or all three. Very scary. I wonder if the bosses health will be decreased as well as tenacity. Don’t get me wrong, this raid looks like a blast and the animations are fantastic, it just seems impossible to complete on a heroic scale, making Traya out of reach. hopefully this awesome looking raid can be tweaked a little (nervously clicks post awaiting being ripped to shreds in comments)

We are at Traya p3 now. expect to complete the raid tomorrow. 144gp
  • Hello there, isn't the new Raid a bit of balance, like the AAT last year?
  • T6, 75% of guild cleared P1 with 1 team a piece. 150GP. Expect to finish by tomorrow.
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    boss tenacity is insane, everything else seems fine, now only JTR, zVader, zVentress teams can remove turn meter due to unresistable effect

ps. tarkin and thrawn can remove tm too, but not enough )
  • well the way i understood it, lvl 5 for example should equal to HAAT, but it's definately not. it says in description Top II or III lvl mods, well not really.^^

is the sith triumvirate maybe already set up for 8 star chars or +, max lvl 90, gear lvl 15 an mod lvl 6+, could that be? this actually crossed my mind, when we started the lvl 5 raid this morning.
  • No, it's supposed to be a challenge , and it is meant to be hard. That's the point of it being the new end game raid. The major, MAJOR difference between Haat and the ST raid is that it is setup rancor style for tiers, meaning that everyone can play at their current level and work their way up. This is a far superior set up then Haat and Naat were offered as.
  • No, it's supposed to be a challenge , and it is meant to be hard. That's the point of it being the new end game raid. The major, MAJOR difference between Haat and the ST raid is that it is setup rancor style for tiers, meaning that everyone can play at their current level and work their way up. This is a far superior set up then Haat and Naat were offered as.

Wasting weeks to take down the ridiculous amount of HP IS NOT a challenge.

Lol, all that means is that we need to find new teams that work well in this raid. It's called a learning curve, sorry you can't hit auto and solo it ;) drop a tier if it's too hard. Mebbe y'all have either forgotten how rancor started, or mebbe you never had to build up to tackle the top tiers .
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    My guild is currently battling tier6 and it's not as bad as nAAT was pre-adjustment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Omg some of you people are never happy unless you can have it that day. Holy crap it's truly unreal be happy and do s tier your guild can handle
  • tuskenchainsaws
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    T6, halfway through P2, expect to have it beat in 36-48 hours of launch. Weeks lol? Might want to dial back the tier you’re doing there.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I dub this the 'JTR' raid.

Or at least the 'JTR' phase of this raid.

JTR teams are pulling 5M plus.

Just about everything else is lucky to scrape 1M
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »

You should try empire

You should try empire

Which empiresquad do you recommend?
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    leader Vader with zeta lead / Thrawn with unique zeta to get unresistable turn meter reduction
    Tie pilot/death trooper
    Tarkin
    Palpatine/krennic
    Shoretrooper

same for nightsisters with zVentress lead

its our f2p players choice before we get JTR
  • I had the same thing twice: https://i.imgur.com/aRdEb0x.png
  • Sonido wrote: »
    leader Vader with zeta lead / Thrawn with unique zeta to get unresistable turn meter reduction
    Tie pilot/death trooper
    Tarkin
    Palpatine/krennic
    Shoretrooper

same for nightsisters with zVentress lead

its our f2p players choice before we get JTR

Cool will try some of these out, I know that DT works wonders if you can apply Deathmark and then fracture Nihilus with Thrawn. I just can’t get Zader to apply any DOTs to save my life
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Why are people so quick to pass judgement? Tackling heroic AAT was one of the more fun experiences for me and it sure took my guild a while. We even merged with another guild just to be able to clear the hAAT.
    Now this raid has been out for 13 hours orso, isn't that a bit soon to start worrying about not getting traya soon enough?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Same happened to my Jedi, they did about a million damage but registered zero overall because they couldn't punch thru nihulus's purple protection bar before it replenished.
  • Kronen wrote: »
    Same happened to my Jedi, they did about a million damage but registered zero overall because they couldn't punch thru nihulus's purple protection bar before it replenished.

Lol, I can promise you they didn't even come close to a million damage, Nihilus cannot gain a million protection. Maybe they did 100k but not a million

You should try empire

Hey mate what sort of numbers are you finding with your empire squads? Think I managed a soft 350k with a relatively undergeared squad (we are doing tier 5 to start)
  • Hello,
    me again. That's all fine by me, but then are the minimum settings which are neede for every tier not correctly written down.
    It's fine by me if Tier 6 and Tier 7 are challenging for those who wanted some challenge in the game, but when they write on Tier 5, needed Top II or III mods, then it's not just/correct in my opinion..

That's what I meant. by my original post.