Sith Raid Rewards Thread

Prev134
Jedi_Bane
311 posts Member
edited March 2018
There.is.still."kitten."challenge gear in it.

I figured this is a bug because there is no way that we have been ignored for 2 years on the same issue. And "they" just decided to go ahead and do it anyways.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Which pieces are you referring to? Cause if you are talking about carbantis then it is you who hasn't been listening
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Which pieces are you referring to? Cause if you are talking about carbantis then it is you who hasn't been listening

There are no carbantis in the box, at least in t6. He's referring to the gold salvage.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    He's not talking about carbantis. He's talking about the same challenge gear we all have 1000's of.
  • That is a glaring issue. Hardest challenge we have to date in game and is something that even low level players have more than enough of.
  • Interestingly though, we now get guild event tokens in addition to regular guild currency
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I don't care that the new raid is extremely hard.

I don't care that most of us will probably need to grind several teams to g12 (or possibly beyond) to dent it.

I don't even care that all this will have to be done without any relief to the gear bottleneck that stops most of us from attaining those g12's in reasonable timeframes.

However, when you put challenge gear in HAAT and then do the same thing with a new raid, you're only doing one thing and that's giving a middle finger to everyone.

Most decisions i can see the business side of it and while it can be annoying, it's also understandable.

Challenge gear however is just a straight out slap in the face and it's the only thing that really makes me feel insulted.
  • I had nearly two thousand of those gold challenge pieces before I encountered the first opportunity to even use them. Good to see my hard work on this new raid will be rewarded with what may as well be a "Sorry (not sorry), try again next time" item in the box.
  • That is exactly what I view that gear as. Better luck next time with a sneering face.
  • So instead of reaping this garbage gear as raid rewards for posting a zero, I am going to have to work for the same garbage gear rewards
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Just commenting so this gets more eyes on it. This is the biggest problem. Make the pool of reward gear smaller, make it the stuff you know we need. This raid is extremely difficult, we should be rewarded as such, and no I don’t mean with the measley amounts of GET and Guild currency.
  • Challenge gear...ridiculous!
  • I'm sure there's a good reason for including that gear. We just have to be patient.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Pfft, almost makes the effort to beat that thing not worth it.
  • Just commenting so this gets more eyes on it. This is the biggest problem. Make the pool of reward gear smaller, make it the stuff you know we need. This raid is extremely difficult, we should be rewarded as such, and no I don’t mean with the measley amounts of GET and Guild currency.

I mean, ~150 mil health for 1 phase is a problem but yeah this should've been a no brainer
  • It’s not like we are expecting fully crafted every raid reward but at least something we are in constant need of
  • Noooooooo it got moved!!!
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Agreed. If the new raid is meant to be this insanely hard, then so be it, but there should at least be commensurately worthy rewards waiting at the end. Not the chance of getting something totally worthless like the gold challenge gear.
  • Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say thus is just not acceptable. No one needs the gold trash. I'm sitting on nearly 1500 of each. I'm fine with everything else, but I dont want my guild's efforts to be rewarded with stuff we have plenty of, not when there is a carbanti, stun gun bottleneck choking us to death.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Yep. This post is entirely accurate. We all already know how bad the tank rewards are. This just doubles down on it.

Raid is fun to play so far, but throw us a bone and remove the challenge gear, kind sirs.
  • I strongly agree, please CG remove the useless challenge gear.
  • Yes- I won't complain about the raid difficulty- I won't complain about the fact the recommended Gear and character requirements are way off for this raid- but I will absolutely complain about getting that lousy challenge gold gear we have thousands of. Get rid of it- PLEASE
  • Truth be told, i cant believe i was the first person to post this... seems like raid gear rewards is the 1st thing everyone should check.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Was to be expected eventhough probably everyone dislikes it. woohooo
    I wish they came up with something different to slow our progression, getting challenge gear from raids is very unfun.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm going to add to the challenge gear frustration. I understand from a business standpoint that it is necessary to control supply and demand but I dont even care to participate in raids anymore because the rewards arent worth it. I get almost the same gear at the bottom of the reward chart as I do at the top. I'm not asking for high level gear to become commonplace but at least make the rewards worth the effort.
  • I thought they "heard us loud and clear?"
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    I'm just curious... The challenge gear that everybody has multiple thousands of is obviously CG's way of providing a visual "reward" in place of nothing. So, would people rather get something (even though it has no value), or actually get no gear at all? What would be less frustrating?

Personally, I think it would be more irritating to make the effort to participate in a raid and get zero gear as a reward, even though the challenge gear that I often get has the same zero value. Could be that I'm the only one that would have that reaction...

(I do think that we should get usable gear as raid rewards. Getting nothing, or a placeholder for nothing, really stinks. But, that's obviously not what CG thinks.)
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Id rather just get less overall salvage/pieces if it means no challenge gear.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    So, would people rather get something (even though it has no value), or actually get no gear at all? What would be less frustrating?

1.) A thing with (using your words) no value = the value of getting nothing. Both stink.
    2.) Devs aren't stuck with those two choices.They could offer any reward they wanted.

My guild hasn't finished the raid yet but if this is what they are giving us, it's ridiculous.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Thumbs down to challenge gear.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Just chiming in here to agree. Please remove:
    • mk9 fabritech salvage
    • mk8 biotech salvage
    • mk8 neurosaav salvage
    The components can stay.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m