• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    Just chiming in here to agree. Please remove:
    • mk9 fabritech salvage
    • mk8 biotech salvage
    • mk8 neurosaav salvage
    The components can stay.

Don’t forget those mkIV carbantis. Those can go as well.
  • Chiggy83
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Biggest thing I’d say is that the rewards atm with regards effort needed to complete the raid are poor. We are trying tier 5 and are struggling (45 mil gp) now it doesn’t bother me that it may take us a week to complete, it’s nice for a challenge. But a challenge needs to be rewarded correctly if we finish this it’s yhe same a a heroic pit for rewards except the new guild store coins. Problem with that is why do the new raid at all for something we get 3 times a week for 15 minutes Work.

I’d of preferred a mix of rancor, aat and gear 12 mixed in from tier 3 with the difficulty and for none of it to be challenge gear.

This is going on the similar drop rate from out and aat in gear. If we get say 5 loads instead of the normal 1 or 2 then it may be worth the extra effort. Will have to confirm that once we finish
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    They missed the whole challenge gear in raids issue this QoL in favor of, you know, sticking favorites on top of everything and arranging toons by height. I think that right can act as any response you might hope to get.

They aren't going to change it.

And I'm just gonna drop it there because the next phrases coming to mind are too colorful.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    Just chiming in here to agree. Please remove:
    • mk9 fabritech salvage
    • mk8 biotech salvage
    • mk8 neurosaav salvage
    The components can stay.

Don’t forget those mkIV carbantis. Those can go as well.

Yep, those are horrid too. (They weren't listed as a reward in the T6 we're currently doing)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    This raid is extremely difficult. To give us gear that we can SIM from challenges is a backhanded slap. "Yes, playerbase, we hear you! We want to make this enjoyable and let you know that we're trying to be on your side... nevermind, we have no intention of actually giving meaningful rewards. Like ever."
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    So, would people rather get something (even though it has no value), or actually get no gear at all? What would be less frustrating?

1.) A thing with (using your words) no value = the value of getting nothing. Both stink.
    2.) Devs aren't stuck with those two choices.They could offer any reward they wanted.

My guild hasn't finished the raid yet but if this is what they are giving us, it's ridiculous.

1) I agree, and I said as much in my post. I just think there would be even more complaints if we actually got nothing. Maybe I'm wrong.
    2) Obviously the devs have other choices. They could give us nothing but full carbs, cuffs, and eyeballs as rewards if they chose to. But the fact remains that they've chosen to give us something that's basically unusable in place of nothing.

I don't expect anything to change in that regard.
  • Occupy Raid Rewards!!
  • Jedi_Bane
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    This needs to be the top of the priority list! No one wants to slug 100 rounds woth nihilus just to get some junk gear!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    *slap* "Stop hitting me!"
    "I'm not hitting you." *slap*
    "Stop hitting me!"
    "Stop hitting me!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *challenge gear in raid rewards*
    "Please stop putting challenge gear as raid rewards."
    "We're listening to the players!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @CG_Kozispoon

I'm not going to be inflammatory., but this thread has a lot of merit. The gold challenge gear is a bit of an insult especially with ever increasing character numbers. There is a balance to be struck between making money and costumer service.

Thank you kindly for listening.

YodaRick
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    You guys did the raid in less than a day.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    The loot from the new raid and change of meta(hype) just show once again that this game is business and more business. No passion ad all, and no respect for the ppl(customers) playing the game. It is sad but they laughs all the way to bank.
  • All they really need to do is implement gear sell, like mods. With a few options to sell for currency/guild tokens/fleet tokens/etc.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    The possibility that we could get challenge gears we already have thousands of is borderline insulting. We had countless threads complaining about this for AAT and CG still does not listen to its player base. I think people are right to be, at least, a little bit angry at them.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    You guys did the raid in less than a day.

Probably. We're about 1/3 of the way through phase 4 and we've been taking it very slowly. People go in, post screenshots, discuss strategy, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It seems the rewards include too many g11 gear that we already have a few thousand.

Like Rancors, I got 100 times more Mk 4 Carbanti than Mk 3, got 100 times more Mk 7 Scanner than Mk 5 Droid Caller. Usually Mk 4 Carbanti and Mk 7 Scanner are the rewards.

AAT is slightly better because rewards usually include 3 or 4 gear, at least one is needed.

I reckon we will get many more gear that we already have a few thousand in Sith Raid too.
  • Can we all agree that the prizes are absolute garbage? 3 salvages? Really?

Huge waste of time. Nice going.
    Bad game management here
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    that depends on the salavage. If i git stun guns, stun cuffs and biotech parts, i d be over the moon.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Only picture can tell the truth, let’s keep this thread
  • Brock
    33 posts Member
    I got 2nd. in the Sith Raid and was supposed to get 2 gear pieces or 2 salvages. I got 22 MK V Hypo Syringe salvage. Needless to say I'm disappointed. I have the photos downloaded on my computer but don't know how to add it to this post.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Ya, brutal
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It is dissapointing, but it has been like that for every new event.

Top ten in t6 gave 9 g12 salvage,

Challenger gear and less used gear is also dropping. If at least they would have taken out that stuff.
  • I was quite excited I that I may have scored completed gear. Nope. Just a single salvage gear. Very disappointed in the t6 rewards. I know the sample size is small, but that still doesn't stop me from feeling underwhelmed.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    THIS thread and THIS thread say that the sample size is growing.
  • Yeah, thanks. I was a little short on that Mace Windu challenge gear;
  • Removing challenge gear (except mk3 carbantis) from raid rewards would be the best they can do. Also remove some useless stuff like mk4 carbantis and people may have a reward to work for.
  • @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon i think this is something you guys need to listen to. We’ve been asking since the HAAT inception to remove challenge gear like the mk8 biotech salvage and mk5 medpack salvage from raid rewards.
    This new Sith raid is extremely difficult and nothing would be worse than to get gear salvage that anyone who attempts this raid probably already has thousands of. Please don’t let this new raid get ruined
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    While you're at it fix HAAT. I never go a raid without one slot being filled with challenge gear.

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    So I'm supposed to enjoy slogging through this new raid with these weird mechanics and spend tons of time on it for mk4 carbs and crap? I'm gonna need a bit more incentive to want to play this thing.
  • EPMAN wrote: »
    The loot from the new raid and change of meta(hype) just show once again that this game is business and more business. No passion ad all, and no respect for the ppl(customers) playing the game. It is sad but they laughs all the way to bank.

I disagree. Successful businesses respect their customers and have passion for their. To blame the challenge gear on “business” is a bit naive (the corporations are all sitting in their corporation buildings being corporationy, and then they...make...money).
    I assume the challenge gear is placed there to give the more rare gear more value (managing currency flow preventing inflation). That said, I don’t think this is necessary as the raid difficulty and the requirement to collect raid tickets do a good job preventing the “flood” of good gear. And with the ability to buy that gear in various stores, providing challenge gear deflates the value of raid rewards.
    So yes, raid rewards should be more valuable compared to what you can buy in the stores. Removing challenge gear would be a great (but not the only) way to do so. Other options would be exchanging or selling the useless gear for things you need (albeit at a slower pace than getting the gear you wanted in the first place), getting more currencies (of any type, potentially even crystals), or providing character shards, similar to assault battles. I wouldn’t mind grinding away at T5/6 for a week if it meant getting some more Nihilus, Sith Assassin, or Sith trooper shards, since they seemed to be tuned to this raid. A chance for Talzin shard would be awesome too, but let’s be realistic.