We need this! (Rey)

Prev1
B0untryHR7
663 posts Member
edited March 2018
After testing phase 1 of the new raid for the past few hours it seems that Jedi training Rey is going to be massive for the raid. I understand that there is a price to be paid for f2p players but honestly this is too much to bear.

Rey was a p2p character and unless you could finish top 5 in both arenas as a f2p you could simply forget about getting her. I understand that this is our "punishment" for not spending money to get Rey but it's been getting close to 3 months without her and for a mostly p2p character it should be enough for a comeback.

With arena being quite diverse right now, with Palpatine and Nightsisters going head to head with Rey as well us Sion coming to crush squads that rely heavily on buffs, Rey will become less and less dominant in arena. She will eventually be a predominately raid character and with this new raid we will need her more than ever.

The raid is threatening to break guilds apart, guilds who don't have Rey will have a very hard time completing it. It's going to split the base even worse than TB did. I think we need rey back in March on the 4 month mark. That's sooner than CLS returned by a month, but the circumstances have changed.

Replies

• Options
    It's your punishment for not following the meta, it's not because you didn't spend money. I haven't spent a single cent on the game and yet I got her. Quite a few people I know also got her in a completely f2p way. You don't want to spend money, but then you also don't want to spend resources on meta teams to get the big rewards. You have to choose one of those things.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    T7 is not meant for all guilds on day 1. Be patient and play some other tier in the meantime. There, you won't need Rey at all, I am certain!
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    T7 is not meant for all guilds on day 1. Be patient and play some other tier in the meantime. There, you won't need Rey at all, I am certain!

Uhh, have you seen the damage difference? Those with Rey are pulling 5-6 million runs, those without her are lucky to pull 1.5-3 million
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Rey is massive in this raid but she is only one character with one team. I'm sure there are probably a few teams that do well that we haven't found yet.
  • Options
    It's your punishment for not following the meta, it's not because you didn't spend money. I haven't spent a single cent on the game and yet I got her. Quite a few people I know also got her in a completely f2p way. You don't want to spend money, but then you also don't want to spend resources on meta teams to get the big rewards. You have to choose one of those things.

Excuse me? You think it's easy to hit top 5 in both arenas? It's not. You are the exception, not the rule
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Jedi Rey is massive in this raid but she is only one character with one team. I'm sure there are probably a few teams that do well that we haven't found yet.

She can do 3-5 times more damage than almost any squad out there and given that we only have 5 attempts for the tier 6 I would say she is more than just "one character with one team"
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

She can do 3-5 times more damage than almost any squad out there and given that we only have 5 attempts for the tier 6 I would say she is more than just "one character with one team"

What I mean is that I'm sure there are other compositions that can do almost as well as Jedi training Rey. Just no one has figured them out yet.

Let's give it a day or two before proclaiming her unparalelled.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Uhh, have you seen the damage difference? Those with Rey are pulling 5-6 million runs, those without her are lucky to pull 1.5-3 million

Looks like your mates with Rey are underperforming, not reaching the 6m mark ;)
  • Options

What I mean is that I'm sure there are other compositions that can do as well as Jedi training Rey. Just no one has figured them out yet.

Not really dude, the best I've seen was a 3 million and that's about less than half than Rey. Nihilus has tons of tenacity making characters like Vader, Sidius and other useless. You can apply tenacity down either so TM reduction teams can't do well. Meanwhile Rey has abilities that can't be resisted.
  • Options
    Kalano wrote: »

Looks like your mates with Rey are underperforming, not reaching the 6m mark ;)

Some of them do, it's not like it's easy, point being we need her back
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

What I mean is that I'm sure there are other compositions that can do as well as Jedi training Rey. Just no one has figured them out yet.

Not really dude, the best I've seen was a 3 million and that's about less than half than Rey. Nihilus has tons of tenacity making characters like Vader, Sidius and other useless. You can apply tenacity down either so TM reduction teams can't do well. Meanwhile Rey has abilities that can't be resisted.

the raid has been out for like 13 hours, i'm sure that the best you've seen currently is no where near the best we'll see in a week or two from now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    on the other hand, rey looks conpletely useless in p3.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

the raid has been out for like 13 hours, i'm sure that the best you've seen currently is no where near the best we'll see in a week or two from now.

But you know Rey will be massive regardless
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Uhh ok, what does that have to do with anything, she can't be good in all phases, but she is a monster in others.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum

Every time new content comes out it threatens to break up guilds, this is nothing new, and is not due to a single f2p toon. This is due to people wanting/thinking they should be the first to get something.

This is a raid it will be around for a long time and getting the rewards a week or a month or 3 months later will mean very little 3 months after that. It's ok hang in there.
    Antares wrote: »

That is the advantage that some get for being a long time player or well prepared when things like new events roll around.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

LOL ;)
  • Options
    That is the advantage that some get for being a long time player or well prepared when things like new events roll around.[/quote]

Yeah but those advantages cannot last forever man, 4 months a good amount of time to give people a second chance
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The point he made was that you didn't need rey, other teams will also be able to get you throught the raid. Just like you don't need bb8 to clear hAAT for example. It's even possible that rey isn't part of the team that turns out to get the highest percentage of dmg. Take nutini for example, it got nerfed obvioulsy, but wasn't discovered within the first weeks the AAT raids was out, it took quite a while before lugo (iirc) posted that amazing team on the forum/reddit.
    So yea, all the complaining seems a bit premature to me.
  • Options

The point he made was that you didn't need rey, other teams will also be able to get you throught the raid. Just like you don't need bb8 to clear hAAT for example. It's even possible that rey isn't part of the team that turns out to get the highest percentage of dmg. Take nutini for example, it got nerfed obvioulsy, but wasn't discovered within the first weeks the AAT raids was out, it took quite a while before lugo (iirc) posted that amazing team on the forum/reddit.
    So yea, all the complaining seems a bit premature to me.

She is certainly gonna be better than anyone in at least 1 phase. It could be phase 1, 2, 3 or 4 but there is no doubt that she will make a difference.

When it comes to just clearing the raid, with tier 6 you can clear it in a few days or a few weeks, I'm sure when she can do 5 times more damage than the average squad that saves you an entire day so in theory she can help you clean it 4 days quicker than you would without her
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Or you could just ignore everything i said and just keep basing your arguments on the assumption that rey will always do 5x more damage than any other team. (atleast in p1)
    good talk ;)
  • Options
    Or you could just ignore everything i said and just keep basing your arguments on the assumption that rey will always do 5x more damage than any other team. (atleast in p1)
    good talk ;)

No worries, we'll have plenty of time for testing in all phases, I bet we'll be back to this argument in a couple of days
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    After testing phase 1 of the new raid for the past few hours it seems that Jedi training Rey is going to be massive for the raid. I understand that there is a price to be paid for f2p players but honestly this is too much to bear.

Rey was a p2p character and unless you could finish top 5 in both arenas as a f2p you could simply forget about getting her. I understand that this is our "punishment" for not spending money to get Rey but it's been getting close to 3 months without her and for a mostly p2p character it should be enough for a comeback.

With arena being quite diverse right now, with Palpatine and Nightsisters going head to head with Rey as well us Sion coming to crush squads that rely heavily on buffs, Rey will become less and less dominant in arena. She will eventually be a predominately raid character and with this new raid we will need her more than ever.

The raid is threatening to break guilds apart, guilds who don't have Rey will have a very hard time completing it. It's going to split the base even worse than TB did. I think we need rey back in March on the 4 month mark. That's sooner than CLS returned by a month, but the circumstances have changed.

I guess I’m not following your logic. Why would your guild break apart if none of you have JTR?

Even if your premise that the raid is essentially “impossible” without her were true...why would your guild break apart?

Are there guilds out there looking for jtr-less players that all of your guild mates are flocking to?

It would seem to me that if your guild doesn’t have her, then staying together is your best option. No other guilds are looking to carry players right now.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Lol another B0untryHR7 thread. They're all the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    The raid is threatening to break guilds apart

Then you need a better guild. Or more likely, your guild needs a better member.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol another B0untryHR7 thread. They're all the same.

I was shocked when I saw who started it. SHOCKED I SAY!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    i honestly very much doubt taht if you go down a single tier you ll find this super hard.

Tone your expectations down
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah but those advantages cannot last forever man, 4 months a good amount of time to give people a second chance

They won't, don't worry they never do. But that toon being good in new content is not a reason to now put her out again. They are independent of each other, that's the only way this works.
  • Options
    I'd love to see another JTR event but sadly I'm 200 shards short on the vets to get her (and I've been farming them almost since they first came out.) Really though, they just released three new characters and a new raid so adding in the JTR event right now would just be overkill.
  • Options
    @B0untryHR7 you are welcome to join my guild. We just started doing HAAT and we have no BB8's or JTR

That way you don't have to complain about people oitscoring you because of BB8 in HAAT
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options

Excuse me? You think it's easy to hit top 5 in both arenas? It's not. You are the exception, not the rule
    I'm not one of them, but many players save crystals months at a time for when meta shifts come out and it doesn't have to come from arena

But depress from that: fleet arena, yes it is very easy to hit top 5
    OG arena though, too 100 is very easy