A kick in the man-berries.

Just wanted to share this little jaw dropper. I finished my 5th Arena fight yesterday in the 120's. 13-14 hours later I log in and I've been bounced all they way up to #279! The future just started to look a little more dismal.
Can I please get transferred to a less populated server? :D

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yikes!

Makes me think it could be a good idea for the developers to build in a safeguard of some sort. So that one person can't get attacked more than maybe ten times in a day?

That would prevent for instance online bullying, and it also would alleviate the penalizing effect of having unique builds in the Arena - since these tend to be targeted a whole lot more. Which makes for a less diverse game for everybody.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Yikes!

Makes me think it could be a good idea for the developers to build in a safeguard of some sort. So that one person can't get attacked more than maybe ten times in a day?

That would prevent for instance online bullying, and it also would alleviate the penalizing effect of having unique builds in the Arena - since these tend to be targeted a whole lot more. Which makes for a less diverse game for everybody.

They would never do that because people would be less likely to use crystal refreshes to get back up. Everything revolves around how they can get in our wallets at this point. They don't give a bleep about the player enjoyment
  • Options
    I respectfully disagree there. I think GOH shows a lot more spirit and love of fun than many other games of its kind. It isn't like those mind numbing Zynga or King clones. But you're entitled to your opinion.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They would never do that because people would be less likely to use crystal refreshes to get back up. Everything revolves around how they can get in our wallets at this point. They don't give a bleep about the player enjoyment

+1
    they want that money and I don't blame them they are in business to make money. This has been happening to me for a while now. I actually wasted some crystals fought up into the top 50 next morning down in the 300's so that is where I will stay.
  • Options
    I respectfully disagree there. I think GOH shows a lot more spirit and love of fun than many other games of its kind. It isn't like those mind numbing Zynga or King clones. But you're entitled to your opinion.
    The grievous debacle says otherwise.
  • Options

Ok, that's your point of view. I'm not too concerned about Grievous, and I definitely don't think a lot of people on this forum have a very good grasp on how making money on app games actually works. But, I feel this discussion is off topic.
  • Options

Ok, that's your point of view. I'm not too concerned about Grievous, and I definitely don't think a lot of people on this forum have a very good grasp on how making money on app games actually works. But, I feel this discussion is off topic.

I literally disagree with every post you make.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Hard times dude.. i got bounced from 150 to 272.. didn't come here to cry
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    Just wanted to share this little jaw dropper. I finished my 5th Arena fight yesterday in the 120's. 13-14 hours later I log in and I've been bounced all they way up to #279! The future just started to look a little more dismal.
    Can I please get transferred to a less populated server? :D
    Same happens to me every day ... nothing new!
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    eBitzu wrote: »

:D = laugh
    :( = sad
    :'( = crying

Welcome to the Internet. When in doubt of an intended emotion, please refer to any emoticons being used. They are usually in a generally human'ish shape so that even the simplest people can grasp its meaning. Have a good day and, again, welcome! :)
  • Options
    Since the update the arena is more fluid
    This is for the better

What needs to be fixed is the AI
  • Options

Welcome to the Internet. When in doubt of an intended emotion, please refer to any emoticons being used. They are usually in a generally human'ish shape so that even the simplest people can grasp its meaning. Have a good day and, again, welcome! :)

This might be one of the best responses I've seen. Sorry to hear about that OP, just dust off and get to work & start the climb back up.
  • Options
    below top 50. being hit down rapidly is normal.

in some cases, it might be better to use crystals to rank up and power level faster to get out of reach of the lower rung
  • PsychoticRage924
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

This might be one of the best responses I've seen.

Thanks! I'll admit that I had to struggle to keep it in the sarcasm and not go full nasty. LOL
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that OP, just dust off and get to work & start the climb back up.

Yeah, I know and will. It was just such a jaw dropper of a huge jump, it had me stunned for a bit. Until that, I hadn't gone down in rank beyond #140. My Arena team isn't great and it'll be a long time until I have one that is. I lose focus too easy and waste resources on toons I end up giving up on. All in due time. :smile:
  • Options
    I regularly get bounced from from 50 to 120-130 every single day, been that way for months.

Makes progress impossible without dropping crystals, tried that a few times but I just get bounced back to the same area so ultimately it's worthless.

Make peace with it is my suggestion, it's not going to change anytime soon.