PVP? Where do you see PVP? It's a coin toss!

It's all about luck:
- Evade attacks
- Stun landing (especially from Dooku - preMatch)
- Turn meter condition race
- Critical one shot

There is no strategy, no real PVP. You could as well SIM the arena and provide random outcome.

When I'm getting wiped with one approach and win with almost full hp another round with the same enemy it is very bad!

Replies

• Yea I agree I really think they need to bring in a team that is weplease experience with game battling; damage, hp the whole shabang. There's needs to be a better algorithm implemented.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I stated in another post that this is what makes the game bad, not all the complaining about OP characters. My analogy to this was imagine playing any sort of MMO (Lets take World of Warcraft) and casting a crowd control spell on the opponent. You spend 1.5 seconds casting sheep, but it only has a 40% chance of working. That would be pretty stupid and cause a ton of aggravation, so obviously everything needs to do what it is supposed too.

If they increased everyone's health pools by 40% and removed the RNG/scripted events from the game and just made abilities work then the frustration of this game would drop considerably. It would actually become more tactical because you KNOW your going to use an ability that stuns for a turn, or a heal block will be applied for 2 turns, etc. etc.

Right now, we literally only win PVP based on if the RNG/scripted events says we are allowed too. I played a mirror match vs same team, and not ONCE did i get a phasma(L) assist. CPU? like 10.... in a row...

or the time i was trying to kill sidious (not with jedi! I only use lumi in my group). I proceed to watch him dodge 7 attacks in a row, allowing not only his heal debuff to expire, but allow a full rotation on enemy Lumi's CD and let him heal to full.

I have good luck too, but yea, there is so much RNG that skill/strategy have nothing to do with winning.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    My analogy to this was imagine playing any sort of MMO (Lets take World of Warcraft) and casting a crowd control spell on the opponent. You spend 1.5 seconds casting sheep, but it only has a 40% chance of working.

Baaaaaaaaaa.

Joking aside, what you described is how most MMO's actually work. There's a semantic difference of course. In an MMO one always succeeds in casting sleep; there's no 40% chance of actually casting the spell (though in many MMO's if you are hit it interrupts casting - though this is a turned based game so that is not relevant). That said, actually sleeping your opponent in an MMO still is not a 100% given because the opponent usually has some sort of resistance chance.