Squad & Droids Questions.

DarthBB8
4 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hello guys, I would like to ask some questions about my Arena team and droids viability. I usually end in top10 in my shards daily, but I am using a team with almost no synergy, here it is:
Sid(L),Lumi,GS,Poggle,Poe. (Maybe switch Lumi for Dooku when reach 7*?)
And I would like to switch to a team with more synergy using my characters and the ones I am farming: (farming Poe to 7*, then will go for QGJ, farming HK in arena and Dooku in Cantina Battles).
LXKBt98.png
These are my characters. You can add Dooku 7* to them, since I will max him in 10days I think. What do you believe is the best team I can build with them? As you can see, I like droids and I am farming them, I also wonder which droid team is the most solid and strong at the moment in your view. (Poggle, GS, IG86, IG88, Poe??) Got excited for MagnaGuard changes, but seems bugged for now so I don't know if I should start farming or not. Thank you for your help and answers!

Replies

• Valkzen
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Full droid team is more viable to take advantage of buffs, HK as leader, IG-88, IG-86, Poe. Now heres the tricky part, since IG-100 buff you can probably add him in, however since General grievous was recently added, your top priority will to try and get him and add him to your team. Theres also Genosian soldier, lumi and JC
  • Forgot to mention Poggle as well
  • Thank you for your answer. Isn't that droid team you proposed too slow for the actual meta? What do you think? :) About Grevious, I am F2P, and farming him with GW shards, so I will get him in 3months more or less :P
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Droid teams need to have 2 guys chosen from Poe, Poggle, HK or QGJ, with either HK or Poggle as leaders, plus Geo (almost mandatory in this fast meta), and then fill with Assasin Droids.

My team now is HK, 86, 88, GS and then QGJ or Poggle.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Valkzen wrote: »
    Full droid team is more viable to take advantage of buffs, HK as leader, IG-88, IG-86, Poe. Now heres the tricky part, since IG-100 buff you can probably add him in, however since General grievous was recently added, your top priority will to try and get him and add him to your team. Theres also Genosian soldier, lumi and JC

IG 100 isn't great.
    Grievous would probably fit in, but you'd need a loooot of money or 3+ months. Which isn't a bad thing, because he won't perform well in this speed meta. He's a slug. A slug that throws acid and melts people, but a slug nonetheless.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    It is a video of a droid team being rank #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr8ci5zbzZA

Poe is the best option, with HK-47 as leader, Poggle, IG-86 and IG-88.

You can replace Poe if the opponent have fast characters, for example if the opponent play with Qui-Gon Jinn as leader, Geonosian Soldier, Rey, Dooku and Yoda/Sidious, so it is a lot of characters that will play before your Poe, and they can kill IG-88 and IG-86 before your poe, and you will lose, but you can replace Poe by Geonosian Soldier and the GS will play in synergy with Poggle, GS can kill one of the fast characters, for example kill GS, kill Rey, or kill QGJ before her attack, then the opponent only can kill 1 character, it is a great difference, because with Poe you only have Poggle, Poe and HK-47, losing the attackers (IG-86 and IG-88), but if you have Geonosian Soldier you only will lose IG-88 for example, then you can use IG-86 and GS as attackers.

In all teams you always need at least 2 living attackers after first turn, if you only have 1 attacker you can't win the battle.

If in your server the best players have fast characters, then it's better put Geonosian Soldier in the last battle for defending your rank. If you get the rank #1 with Poe, you can play versus rank #2 with Geonosian Soldier, replacing Poe, and lose the battle or spent the time, and for the teams with fast characters will be more difficult win your team as if you have Poe.
  • Sikho wrote: »

IG 100 isn't great.
    Grievous would probably fit in, but you'd need a loooot of money or 3+ months. Which isn't a bad thing, because he won't perform well in this speed meta. He's a slug. A slug that throws acid and melts people, but a slug nonetheless.

I know IG-100 isn't that great, but i was talking in terms of accessibility, if he doesn't have access to toons like GS and or Grievous, he could use either JC, Lumi or Poggle
  • DarthBB8 wrote: »
    Thank you for your answer. Isn't that droid team you proposed too slow for the actual meta? What do you think? :) About Grevious, I am F2P, and farming him with GW shards, so I will get him in 3months more or less :P

With Poggles ability Droid assault, Droids get speed up for 3 turns, so they're pretty fast
  • Sikho wrote: »

IG 100 isn't great.

IG 100 is way worse than not great. He took a nice face punch with there "buff" he lost his AOE offense down and also his lifesteal and now crits for half of what he used to... they took an average character and made him utterly useless.... I almost have him maxed at 7* and he is level 70 with max gear.. and I'm now at a loss what to do with him now.. I will probably finish him to 7* as i have come this far, but he has been replaced by a 3* RG who is performing better than him. which is sad as he is only gear level 6.... that should say something about how bad IG 100 is now.