Hows the raid difficulty everybody

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Meh
    Hate DN. The rest of it I enjoy. Needs to be retuned a bit which I'm sure they will at some point, but for now it's good aside from DN.
  • Meh
    This game is tiring, I'm patient, but waiting 6 months to make good progress in a game isn't fun to me. I can learn a new instruments, language, read a dozen books, etc in that time. This raid might be the final straw for me. And it's sad becuae I love Sith , Star Wars, and beating bosses, but farming for Rey and BB8 for 6 months was tiring enough, and now I'll have to farm for 6 more months to beat heroic Sith raid, and probably 6 months after that for Traya and her gear to finally get my Sith team hat would be my favorite. Spring is here, I am tempted to take this game very "casually" now and give up on "farming" because with the nice weather I might take up actual farming with much better results :)
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    I loved it, but not to the point of option 1
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Hate DN. The rest of it I enjoy. Needs to be retuned a bit which I'm sure they will at some point, but for now it's good aside from DN.

Considering 2 Team Instinct guilds have already beaten it, I don't think it needs to be retuned. Its end game content. Other guilds will eventually be able to tackle it as they get stronger, like the HAAT.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Meh
    KyloRey wrote: »

Considering 2 Team Instinct guilds have already beaten it, I don't think it needs to be retuned. Its end game content. Other guilds will eventually be able to tackle it as they get stronger, like the HAAT.

It will get retuned. New content always does.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    I dislike it
    I personally think it'll be a lot faster to get to the point of finishing this raid then it did for haat. There are some huge damage squads showing up already. Players will soon be finishing this raid with ease I believe. Would have preferred if the meta raid squads weren't so much better than other squads. This raid just seems like a way for cg to direct the player base to go after the toons they intended the player base to go after. I think once your guild gets the correct squad comps it won't be that difficult. Aat seemed a lot more daunting when it came out.
  • Degs29
    360 posts Member
    I liked it
    This is why polls are so great. I hope CG is looking at this. Despite the rampant threads protesting the raid difficulty, the majority of people like it.

Really, the only thing I think they need to change is the "intended for" classifications, because they're way off. And that's creating an image problem for the raid. We started T5 with a 65M GP guild and after three days we're not even 3/4 past phase 1. For some reason our guild leader doesn't want to abandon, so we'll likely be slugging it out for close to 20 days. Most guilds probably won't be as stubborn as us though and have already abandoned for a lower tier.

Still the "intended for" section should be corrected to what is required to do the raid in 3 - 4 days tops.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Meh
    Unless the objective was to make only big guilds able to finish high tiers in a reasonable time this raid needs some balance changes.
    So for now i vote on average.
  • Meh
    At this point it's not worth the time which is needed to complete it. The rewards are simply a joke considering the difficulty. I hope they will change it in the future.
    Ally code 428-543-243
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I liked it
    I like it a lot, however I think they went overboard on bosses health pool, on T6 an T5, just lower it a little, nothing as drastic as they did with nAAT, as that was way to much and doesn't prepare people for Heroic
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    I dislike it
    The tenacity is a huge deal is directly responsible for requiring JTR to do anything useful. Everything else is fine.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Initial Results will be posted tmrw! pls vote now
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I liked it
    I've enjoyed the strategy and theory-crafting for the new raid quite a bit. It's also nice that they added a whole bunch of tiers, rather than do a repeat of Normal/Heroic AAT. Now you can dial in your difficulty. We started on T6 and abandoned it after barely 50% of P1 was complete after 3 days, did T3 just to get a guarenteed run-through (super easy) and have now settled on T5 as our target tier. Once we can do that in under a day, we'll move up to T6.
    I fully expect to see some health tweaking on T6 and heroic though, especially for P1. The protection really inflates his effective health pool.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Meh
    Would change my vote if I could. The pure randomness of DN's annihilate and the ineffectiveness of Unbreakable Will has taken me to somewhere between dislike and hate.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I liked it
    Would change my vote if I could. The pure randomness of DN's annihilate and the ineffectiveness of Unbreakable Will has taken me to somewhere between dislike and hate.
    Annihilate isn't random, though. Nihilus will use it whenever it's off cooldown and has a handful of abilities that will lower its cooldown. You can manipulate when it's used by metering your basic attacks to control how many debuffed allies you have and you can soak it totally with Unbreakable Will. Remember--The raid buff lasts the entire turn, there's no need to wait until the last second to use it. Also remember--Nihilus gains speed every time you attack him, so you might think his meter is low, but it'll fill up fast.

EDIT: This illustrates what I like most about the raid. There are a lot of little things to consider and keep track of, so much more than just put in the right team and clobber the boss for several million. It's about timing and sometimes using an ability that won't do as much damage because it'll lead to some other outcome you want more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »

It will get retuned. New content always does.

Well, two other guilds have also beaten the raid. That is basically right after the raid was launched. I do think the lower tiers may get retuned but the Heroic Sith raid will remain the same, just like the HAAT was not retuned.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    I liked it
    Good with a new raid, the game need more content.

I se to major problems, that should be easy to change.

Better reward ad the lower lvl´s so it mach the difficulty.

DN is pretty **** with the annihilate vs UW.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Meh
    NicWester wrote: »
    Annihilate isn't random, though. Nihilus will use it whenever it's off cooldown and has a handful of abilities that will lower its cooldown. You can manipulate when it's used by metering your basic attacks to control how many debuffed allies you have and you can soak it totally with Unbreakable Will. Remember--The raid buff lasts the entire turn, there's no need to wait until the last second to use it. Also remember--Nihilus gains speed every time you attack him, so you might think his meter is low, but it'll fill up fast.

EDIT: This illustrates what I like most about the raid. There are a lot of little things to consider and keep track of, so much more than just put in the right team and clobber the boss for several million. It's about timing and sometimes using an ability that won't do as much damage because it'll lead to some other outcome you want more.

Can't be botheted rewriting it but in another thread I explained the issue I was having. Either he goes twice in a row before annihilate or twice after including force drain afterwards which coolsdown healer and then there's the times he has annihilate ready to go and he chooses not to use it.
  • Meh
    I voted at phase 1, if Imwere able to reassign my vote, I would change to 6 or 7.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    I'm in a 72 million GP guild and we started at T4. While DN took a few goes to figure out the best timing, and was frustrating at first, the rest of the phases were far more enjoyable. I'm liking the difficulty and having to keep track of all the moving pieces.

It gets a passing grade from my guild as well since almost everyone is having a blast.
  • Meh
    Apparently about to get harder thanks to the incoming hotfix:(
  • I dislike it
    Apparently CG thought it needed to be harder? Seriously?

Yeah I'm not doing Sith Raid anymore. Not fun
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Meh
    Wait theres something after nihllus ?
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    I dislike it
    Nihilus part ruins it completely for me.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Nihilus part ruins it completely for me.

See p4 then, where nothing works.

• I loved it, but not to the point of option 1
    OK RESULTS

I think a like guy/gal wants to change to dislike.

So: Almost 50% of people have a positive review of the ST Raid. another 20% have average view of this raid. 30% of people had a negative review of this raid.

3% of people are in love with this raid, whereas 8% of people want to do smth unmentionable to it.

Conclusion: This raid has a generally positive rating.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I changed my opinion from loving it to -meh- after seeing the difficulty on p3-4 on tier 6. It just has too much health and incredibly powerful mechanics thrown together. I don't see my guild going through this tier 6 time after time for months until we are finally ready for heroic...with this little rewards. I think the hp pools on all tiers but heroic should be dialed down similar to AAT.
  • I hate it, but option 7 seems kinda extreme
    I think they should start again and rethink the raid. The fact that only one team truly works, to the magnitude of 10 times any other team, and is the best team in every single phase, cannot be good design.
  • I loved it, but not to the point of option 1
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    I think they should start again and rethink the raid. The fact that only one team truly works, to the magnitude of 10 times any other team, and is the best team in every single phase, cannot be good design.

STHan(joking)
  • Meh
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    OK RESULTS

I think a like guy/gal wants to change to dislike.

Yes, I do.