Another Sion thread/question!

Im trying to decide if I should swap someone for Sion and as a f2p on a fresh shard I'm hesitant to waste resources so I thought I would ask here first. My current lineup is at level 73, all gear 8 with most ready for 9 and level 74,

6* EP/Tarkin/Stormtrooper (ST is 60/100 and Tarkin is 70/100)
5* Vader and Thrawn

So that leaves me with Tarkin or ST as replaceable. Tarkin just feels so underwhelming to me and stormtrooper loses his usefulness after a single dispel. I'm not sure what the stat difference would be with Sion only being 4* (I bought the 9.99) but his mass dispel, auto taunt to protect EP plus the ability to self revive all seem more beneficial to me, at least on paper.

Can anyone give me their feedback? I'll still be putting resources into all my empire characters, even sidelined ones, for the next R2 event.

P.S I also have a 6* Veers and 6* Starck but they're my backup empire and I don't see much use for them in my current lineup. Eventually I'll have a trooper squad.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    That's actually a pretty good team already. shore would be helpful (I realize that's a ways off). I would also highly suggest working toward Thrawn (Phoenix characters).

I cant actually speak to the usefulness of sion, but I can tell you those two are invaluable. Your troopers will also help you in raids. Tank p4, also I find they are useful in p2 of sith raid esp with death trooper (I know another long farm)

Again I realize this doesn't answer your question for the short term, but hopefully helps going forward.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    I'd drop storm trooper if you really feel the need to
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Just on tarkin being replaceable. I find his aoe tmr very valuable.if he fires it off and gets tmr on 2 of Palpatine Vader or Thrawn I tend to get a big advantage in a fight.

Is value really grows once he is omegaed and there's always a potency check for tmr.

Sion I think needs at least one of nihilus/traya to be a big deal.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    I don't think Sion will be good for you as you will have him at 3 star max. Him being 3 star and only gear 8 or so makes him quite weak. 3 star and gear 11 is good, but you have to be level 85 to get the needed more gear easily I think
  • So as an update for anyone in this situation- I replaced stormtrooper and Sion is MUCH better in that spot. My Sion is (level 73) 4* gear 8, ready for gear 9 once I hit 74. I've spoke with several who have him at 85 with 4* between gear 9-11 and the general consensus is that he holds up just fine. What makes him so much more valuable imo is the mass dispel and auto taunt, plus he becomes a nightmare if you manage to get his unique off.

Once I hit 7* with Tarkin he really started to shine so stormtrooper was the only one I felt could be replaced.