So Zeta Finn is useless for the Sith raid...

Prev1345
I mean I wasn't expecting anyone to solo phases and it shouldn't be thing either, but to make zFinn entirely useless and incapable of any decent damage whatsoever is kind of redicilous.

I'm not saying he should solo phases, I'm not saying he should be a free pass to sick damage, but not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke.

You can't use tenacity down period in any one of the 4 phases and you can't stick an expose besides the side toons, which is meaningless anyways.

zFinn should be capable of doing at least a 10% damage in one of the 4 phases, I find it pointless that he can't.

Replies

• B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    I mean I wasn't expecting anyone to solo phases and it shouldn't be thing either, but to make zFinn entirely useless and incapable of any decent damage whatsoever is kind of redicilous.

I'm not saying he should solo phases, I'm not saying he should be a free pass to sick damage, but not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke.

You can't use tenacity down period in any one of the 4 phases and you can't stick an expose besides the side toons, which is meaningless anyways.

zFinn should be capable of doing at least a 10% damage in one of the 4 phases, I find it pointless that he can't.

Edit: I mean 10% with good mods in the final version of the raid. I know those tier 5 and 6 have been modified for the launch but eventually we will settle to a final version where a fully geared ZFinn with good mods should be capable of 5-10% of one of the phases.
  • So when are you leaving this game man? This game seems really unfair to you imo. Must be hard when the devs plot against you. :(
  • So when are you leaving this game man? This game seems really unfair to you imo. Must be hard when the devs plot against you. :(

Maybe you should pretend that this was posted by another person and actually think about the actual post and give us an opinion on whether the argument in itself is right or wrong. Leave your personal biases to my person on the side for 1 minute and focus on the actual content of the post. Thanks.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    So when are you leaving this game man? This game seems really unfair to you imo. Must be hard when the devs plot against you. :(

Maybe you should pretend that this was posted by another person and actually think about the actual post and give us an opinion on whether the argument in itself is right or wrong. Leave your personal biases to my person on the side for 1 minute and focus on the actual content of the post. Thanks.

Mebbe folks would if there actually was useful content in the post, sadly it's just the latest instalment of poor poor me from you.

Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids
    So when are you leaving this game man? This game seems really unfair to you imo. Must be hard when the devs plot against you. :(

Mebbe folks would if there actually was useful content in the post, sadly it's just the latest instalment of poor poor me from you.

So what part o the argument is poor for you?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh look guess who made another complaint thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

CUP is useless 3/3.
    Pao zeta as well
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh look guess who made another complaint thread.

Ok wise master, why don't you go ahead and explain the purpose of a forum like this one of not to discuss complaints and concerns? If you are interested for a place to pat each other in the back then maybe you need a sub forum for that. I would gladly welcome a sub forum dedicated to complaints/concerns but there isn't one so I'm doing it here.
  • Lol well my favourite troll, (that's you by the way), you are once again crying about something that is irrelevant and frankly, makes folks wonder when you are going to quit like, you continually threaten to do.

Since you seem to have this belief that the game owes you something, and you should never need to build new chars, ie crying because zFinn isn't awesome in the new raid, . Folks tend to laugh at you and enjoy the humour of your baseless ranting whilst taking bets on when you will actually follow thru with quitting
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    If you could just use the same old squads the raid wouldn't be much of a challenge Zfinn squads have their areas to shine (and there are lots of those areas) so no I don't see a problem here
  • I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.
    I'd like to come back to your phrase
    not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke
    While zFinn is ruler in AAT, it is quite ironic to know that an Ackbar (L), Thrawn, BB-8, Asajj, CLS can deal double or even triple the damage zFinn can do; yet they don't have any real synergy between them.
  • Lol well my favourite troll, (that's you by the way), you are once again crying about something that is irrelevant and frankly, makes folks wonder when you are going to quit like, you continually threaten to do.

Since you seem to have this belief that the game owes you something, and you should never need to build new chars, ie crying because zFinn isn't awesome in the new raid, . Folks tend to laugh at you and enjoy the humour of your baseless ranting whilst taking bets on when you will actually follow thru with quitting

I don't think i threatened to quit but once. I said if BB8 doesn't come back on March I'll quit and i meant it. That's it tho
  • Wkj312
    60 posts Member
    I enjoy that the same teams normally don't destroy each raid. It keeps the game fresh, and gives us squads to strive to build.
  • I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.
    not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke
    While zFinn is ruler in AAT, it is quite ironic to know that an Ackbar (L), Thrawn, BB-8, Asajj, CLS can deal double or even triple the damage zFinn can do; yet they don't have any real synergy between them.

Well then you could say that about all squads.
  • Wkj312 wrote: »
    I enjoy that the same teams normally don't destroy each raid. It keeps the game fresh, and gives us squads to strive to build.

Noone said destroy the raid, I made that incredibly clear during the post. But why should say Boba, the tie pilots, kylo and ezra, for example, do 1 million and finn cannot even do pull half that?
    I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.

I do, and I don't have any problem with that.
    There's about 140 characters, while some of them are straight up useless (think CUP, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian), most of them have a purpose. Yes, their best performance might be limited to the enemies they're fighting and their allies, but they will at least accomplish something. I religiously farmed most characters, so I sure hope I get to play them at least once somewhere.
  • I had Zero issues with my zFinn. The team did very well in both phase 2 and 3. No complaints here.

Must be the user
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Considering the amount of damage Finn does in HAAT, I'm surprised he isn't outright banned from Sith Triumvirate.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.

I do, and I don't have any problem with that.
    There's about 140 characters, while some of them are straight up useless (think CUP, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian), most of them have a purpose. Yes, their best performance might be limited to the enemies they're fighting and their allies, but they will at least accomplish something. I religiously farmed most characters, so I sure hope I get to play them at least once somewhere.

Mob Enforcer has a Thermal Detonator and a bucketload of HP. Good for p1.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Mob Enforcer has a Thermal Detonator and a bucketload of HP. Good for p1.
    Thank god! I am about to finish her at 7 star. I will be utmost happy to know she'll finally do something!
  • Wkj312 wrote: »

I completely agree with this. It seems like niche characters will be used more often now, like Jawa Engineer. This is a breath of fresh air.

There are a lot of characters that are really good in certain parts of the game. Zeta Finn is extremely good where you can manipulate turn meter and reliably inflict debuffs. This isn't the case here, and that's okay. He's still an amazing character, and utterly destroys the content that he's good at.

While I get that it sucks you can't really use a team that you put a lot of work into...when new content launches, it presents new challenges and new puzzles to solve. Cant expect a certain squad to succeed in all content new and old.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Considering the amount of damage Finn does in HAAT, I'm surprised he isn't outright banned from Sith Triumvirate.

The so should BB8 and Rey. I don't mean to offend you bro but that was the worst argument I've ever heard. In fact Finn doesn't do as much damage in haat as you think. He is useless in all but 2 phases and he needs godlike mods to do more than just 4-6 million.

It usually involves alot of retries to get the right rng and with how fast tank drops nowadays you don't have much time so you settle for a mediocre run most days.

Also with Finn you can jump at 25% of p2, solo p3 and get into p4 cause he doesn't work in p3. Rey does tho, so your argument is pointless.

Lastly BB8 can boost Finn's numbers in haat but he can boost almost any squad so that's not a finn thing.
  • Around 8m+ p2. Average mods. Love BB8

Yes that's right and this why most people like you don't want others to have him. So you spamm their threads with negative mesages about how we should have been smarter and farmed a completely useless faction(at the time).

Also you probably didn't farm it yourself, you probably was able to afford the mega pack
  • Abysmal_Void
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    In fact Finn doesn't do as much damage in haat as you think. He is useless in all but 2 phases and he needs godlike mods to do more than just 4-6 million.
    You don't need godlike mods to succeed with zFinn. You just need to maximize your potency with potency mods. I am not even talking about speed here (except on Poe). You should be able to do between 40-60% in P2; and casually do 100% of P4.
    If you use Rey, that's part of the problem.
    zFinn (L), Poe, Res Trooper, Res Pilot and BB-8
    NicWester wrote: »
    In fact Finn doesn't do as much damage in haat as you think. He is useless in all but 2 phases and he needs godlike mods to do more than just 4-6 million.
    You don't need godlike mods to succeed with zFinn. You just need to maximize your potency cause when you start rollin', you don't stop. You should be able to do between 40-60% in P2; and casually do 100% of P4.

With BB8 or without?
  • Abysmal_Void
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    With BB-8. Now you said earlier it boosts almost any squad. While that's true, you benefit most of its Illuminated Destiny under a resistance team with the shared cooldown reductions.
  • With BB-8. Now you said earlier it boosts almost any squad. While that's true, you benefit most of its Illuminated Destiny under BB-8 since its resistance too.

Well given that neither one between Ackbar, CLS, Thrawn and Ventress are resistance and they can do over 30 million while Finn can't, I'd say that's irrelevant
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    Around 8m+ p2. Average mods. Love BB8

Yes that's right and this why most people like you don't want others to have him. So you spamm their threads with negative mesages about how we should have been smarter and farmed a completely useless faction(at the time).

Also you probably didn't farm it yourself, you probably was able to afford the mega pack

Nope, had 5 x 5* first order (for mods challenges) first time, focused and had 5 x 7* second time. And not all of us don't want him to come back. I carry my guild through hAAT. Can't wait for him to come back and ease some of the pressure.

Stop thinking you know people and what they want.

And quit being a cry baby whilst you are at it.