So Zeta Finn is useless for the Sith raid...

Replies

  • Options
    Kinda sucks hes terrible at the raid but ah, owns the HAAT and great squad for LS TB. Good enough for me
  • TVF
    36861 posts Member
    Options
    Also great in TW. You can beat squads 30k-40k higher in power with a zFinn team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Also leave that asside, not being able to do 1 million with a zFinn is unacceptable period

    Why? Because you want it to be able to do 1 million? Sounds a bit selfish and entitled. There should be no expectation that any toon or team should automatically perform to a certain level. They have no obligation to any player to continously make the same teams effective. In fact, part of their stated intent with this raid is to shake up the raid meta and change which tactics and squads are effective. It helps keep the game fresh and gives people things to work towards.
  • Options
    To be fair everyone has a different opinion about the intent of a forum regarding a game.

    You may want to use the forum to pat each other in the back, congratulate the devs on the good parts and find information.

    Other than finding info evrything else is pointless to me. I am not here to brag or congratulate people for just playing the game, or for spending 350 bucks on the latest toon.

    I find it pontless to congratulate the devs for when they do a good job be because that's what they get paid for. That's their only job, to provide US, THE PLAYERS, with the best possible experience. It's like congratulating a taxi driver for driving you safe to your destination, I mean that's what he is supposed/expected/paid to do. I guess a "good job, keep it up" doesn't hurt now and then but even that surves as a possitive confirmation to stay on the right track.

    For me the most important part is the feedback. That's the purpose of using this forum, you can call that "complaining" or "negativity". I call it honest feedback.

    You may dissagree with me but a large protion of the player base agrees with me. Even if that's 20% that's still enough to require representation. Unfortunately most players don't have the "cool head" like I do, to keep it civilized, and they go on a rage and get banned so their possitions are burried under the anger.

    Dispite all this, I will keep doing what I'm doing and criticise the game in the most civilized manner. I'll throw out my point of view in hopes that others who can't do the same, have the representation they deserve.

    I'm sorry if any of you are tired by my posts or even offended in a way, but there is another aspect which needs to be explored and that's all I'm doing.

    I appreciate the positive work that the devs do but no-one is perfect. I hope yall will understand.
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Also leave that asside, not being able to do 1 million with a zFinn is unacceptable period

    Why? Because you want it to be able to do 1 million? Sounds a bit selfish and entitled. There should be no expectation that any toon or team should automatically perform to a certain level. They have no obligation to any player to continously make the same teams effective. In fact, part of their stated intent with this raid is to shake up the raid meta and change which tactics and squads are effective. It helps keep the game fresh and gives people things to work towards.

    Excuse me but a team that requires 2 zetas, (Finn and R2 number crunch) to work, should have the ability to do 1 million damage. I specificaly mentiod well modded and maxed out in gear as well.

    Yes a 2 zeta team that's maxed out in gear and is well modded should be able to do more damage than a random team of attackers with 0 synergy other than a crit damage leadership, 0 zetas, g11 and just basic crit damage mods.

    I'm not saying that dropping 2 zetas means you automatically get a life long killer squad, however think about it from a new player perspective. They hit level 85, they invested 2 zetas on Finn and R2 and a bunch of gear and mods and now they can't do ANYTHING in the Sith raid. Sorry but that's not right
  • Options

    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

  • B0untryHR7
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?
  • TVF
    36861 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    To be fair everyone has a different opinion about the intent of a forum regarding a game.

    You may want to use the forum to pat each other in the back, congratulate the devs on the good parts and find information.

    Since you clearly are either unable or unwilling to actually read what is being posted, I see no reason why anyone should bother to read the rest of your text wall.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    To be fair everyone has a different opinion about the intent of a forum regarding a game.

    You may want to use the forum to pat each other in the back, congratulate the devs on the good parts and find information.

    Since you clearly are either unable or unwilling to actually read what is being posted, I see no reason why anyone should bother to read the rest of your text wall.

    Ohh I see alot that's being posted, alot of it is complaining but you don't seem too upset about that.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I've a suspicion that super potency mods ie Potency set and potency crosses and 3 or 4 secondary stats in potency will see zeta Finn as a useful squad in one phase or another.

    I think modding in this raid will need to be really fine tuned. If you rely on statuses then you need a lot of potency. At other times you need a lot of tenacity.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Hey zumi zarriss might just be the perfect p1 combo to keep your health up
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    I've a suspicion that super potency mods ie Potency set and potency crosses and 3 or 4 secondary stats in potency will see zeta Finn as a useful squad in one phase or another.

    I think modding in this raid will need to be really fine tuned. If you rely on statuses then you need a lot of potency. At other times you need a lot of tenacity.

    Not really, maybe if you get as much potency as it's possible in the game and with BB8 sacret Intel you MAY end up with a decent result, nothing you won't be able to do with a random squad built for damage
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Hey zumi zarriss might just be the perfect p1 combo to keep your health up

    I don't see why not, it seems all zetas can work in this raid except Finn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

    The things you demand in order for the game to be "fair" only get more absurd as time goes on.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

    The things you demand in order for the game to be "fair" only get more absurd as time goes on.

    Yes, "fair", rewarding effort and commitment should pay off than putting together a random squad with inferior mods, gear, no zetas and no synergy and still doing better
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »


    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    No no no. Just the zeta characters he owns obviously.
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

    The things you demand in order for the game to be "fair" only get more absurd as time goes on.

    Yes, "fair", rewarding effort and commitment should pay off than putting together a random squad with inferior mods, gear, no zetas and no synergy and still doing better

    That "random squad" you speak of, in what other aspects of the game is it good? Cause I'll argue that zFinn has more use overall.
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »


    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    No no no. Just the zeta characters he owns obviously.

    You selectively cherry pick comments and words, how about you read ALL my comments like:
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Hey zumi zarriss might just be the perfect p1 combo to keep your health up

    I don't see why not, it seems all zetas can work in this raid except Finn

    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Clearly any team with Zewie and Zumi should be able to get 10% too.

    Or just read the latest comment

    You mean the one posted after mine? Yes, clearly I should have read that before posting.
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

    1. Zeta Finn is not useless in Rancor.

    2. Why would they take a mechanic that made the one of hardest parts of the game easy, and then put it directly into the new hardest part of the game. Your argument makes no sense...

    Think about it. You reckon Finns Res should do 10% of a phase? So 40 Finn Res teams in a guild clears the whole raid without any other squads?? Well that’ll be any guild at 100mil GP clearing HTST from the next patch then.

    Eye roll. A lot.

    Ok hold on now.

    1. I said "in one of the phases" meaning that he would still be useless in the other 3.
    2. I said a fully geared and well modded Finn team and I also said in the edit 5-10% meaning that with some good RNG you could hit 10%
    3. Would you say the same thing for let's say Rey and DeathTrooper? Why should 40 deathtroopers finish the raid and not 40 Finns when finn requires 2 zetas minimum? With your logic ANY squad capable of 10% damage is prohibitive so will you say the same thing about any squad able to do 10% damage?


    Should any of the other characters with zetas be able to do good damage too? Is a zeta the barometer for a unit's prowess? You know the answer. I think you should be glad your zeta is not in vain as it does humongous damage in 1 raid at least.

    Some zetas are geared towards PVP and arena/TW. Some zetas are good for PVE, some are for both and some are useless but noone gets them.

    Finn's zeta is considered one of the best for pve, while being viable on pvp on offense against some teams. Stipl gets destroyed on defense so you know what you get.

    Regardless of that I do expect him to do well in a raid. I'm not saying it's necessarily the amount of zetas you put in but a team with no zetas having an edge over a team with 2 zetas or more is kind of bad

    PVE is not one thing. There is absolutely NO reason to expect that a zeta being "good in PVE" at a certain point in time means it MUST be good in all PVE modes released ever after. Your argument makes zero sense, much like every other argument I've ever seen you make.

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

    The things you demand in order for the game to be "fair" only get more absurd as time goes on.

    Yes, "fair", rewarding effort and commitment should pay off than putting together a random squad with inferior mods, gear, no zetas and no synergy and still doing better

    That "random squad" you speak of, in what other aspects of the game is it good? Cause I'll argue that zFinn has more use overall.

    That's not the point, the entire game is built around synergy. Even those mixed hybrid squads serve a purpose.

    On rancor you can pick a handful of characters with TM removal om basic attacks, add a toon with speed down and one with tenacity down and go. CLS happens to have all 3 conditions which is why he can take any random squad and carry it in rancor.

    On haat the Ackbar lead, CLS, Thrawn, BB8. Ventress works because CLS synergises off Ackbar and he gets the extra speed and bonus attacks for being rebel. Thrawn brings the fracture and protection recovery-cleanse. Ventress stacks offense indefinitely and BB8 brings the buffs and potency.

    There is synergy in that squad, but you can pick ANY 5 random attackers and do more damage than Finn. How can it ever be ok that a full damage team with no synergy can outperform the most synergy based Zetas in the entire game?
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

    Of course not. You are just the one with a big enough sense of entitlement to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

    Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

    Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

    However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

    Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

    Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

    Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

    However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

    Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.

    Then I guess it’s a good thing that he is still very good for other extremely important parts of the game. Thus still a very good zeta investment.
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

    I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

    The Sith raid isn't designed to cater to "newer players who don't have a big roster." It's designed to be challenging content for people who have been playing and have developed rosters. Newer players have the challenge of heroic Rancor followed by the Tank raid.
  • TVF
    36861 posts Member
    Options
    God bless this thread and almost everyone in it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.