So Zeta Finn is useless for the Sith raid...

Replies

• Bigbearxba wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.

Then I guess it’s a good thing that he is still very good for other extremely important parts of the game. Thus still a very good zeta investment.

I mean you can say that but think about it really.

1. He shines in haat P2 and P4 but so do A TON of other squads. Phoenix can solo p4, imperial troopers can solo P4, Rebels can solo P4, Clones can solo P4. I'm sure nightsisters can solo P4. All these squads, except rebels can also be used in P2.

Now if you have BB8 the investment in mods and gear is smaller for the same phases with Finn than the other squads mentioned BUT if you have BB8 you might as well use Rey instead.

2. Haat is not a big deal with the new Ackbar-CLS-BB8-Thrawn super team.

3. The only other 2 places where zFinn can be used is TW and TB. I'm sure some of the squads mentioned above can do just as well. Sure in TB most squads struggle when Finn pushes like a king, but that's that. I'm sure not many people want to invest in a zeta Finn just for TB. Plus if you are gonna do that, why not zeta Jyn erso instead and go with rogue one squad? That is also a free win and much more efficient one than Finn cause R1 can be used in a special mission too, and R1 exclusive SM.

4. TW, sure Finn can take out a General Zarriss team easy, but GK Zarriss is dead anyways, many squads can easily beat it, Nightsisters, Rey, Palpatine. So much that most advanced guilds are barely doing GK Zarriss zones any more.

So what do you really have left where you have no choice but to go for ZFinn???
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »

I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

The Sith raid isn't designed to cater to "newer players who don't have a big roster." It's designed to be challenging content for people who have been playing and have developed rosters. Newer players have the challenge of heroic Rancor followed by the Tank raid.

Except when Traya starts owning arena new players will adapt their farming to go for Traya right away.

Most new players focus on CLS right away, whereas most of us had played for a long time before we added him to our rosters.

Why go for kenobi and not for Traya? Since rancor can be soloed by 1 character and haat can be soloed with 1 team (which includes the rancor character) now, it's not gonna divert people's farming from the sith raid.
  • UdalCuain
    4984 posts Member

Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.

Then I guess it’s a good thing that he is still very good for other extremely important parts of the game. Thus still a very good zeta investment.

1. He shines in haat P2 and P4 but so do A TON of other squads. Phoenix can solo p4, imperial troopers can solo P4, Rebels can solo P4, Clones can solo P4. I'm sure nightsisters can solo P4. All these squads, except rebels can also be used in P2.

Now if you have BB8 the investment in mods and gear is smaller for the same phases with Finn than the other squads mentioned BUT if you have BB8 you might as well use Rey instead.

3. The only other 2 places where zFinn can be used is TW and TB. I'm sure some of the squads mentioned above can do just as well. Sure in TB most squads struggle when Finn pushes like a king, but that's that. I'm sure not many people want to invest in a zeta Finn just for TB. Plus if you are gonna do that, why not zeta Jyn erso instead and go with rogue one squad? That is also a free win and much more efficient one than Finn cause R1 can be used in a special mission too, and R1 exclusive SM.

4. TW, sure Finn can take out a General Zarriss team easy, but GK Zarriss is dead anyways, many squads can easily beat it, Nightsisters, Rey, Palpatine. So much that most advanced guilds are barely doing GK Zarriss zones any more.

Wait and save the zetas? I still enjoy GW with my resistance team (no BB-8, I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Pilot) because they are fun and I like the mass death from R2's Improvise Mwhahaha.

Wait and save the zetas? I still enjoy GW with my resistance team (no BB-8, I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Pilot) because they are fun and I like the mass death from R2's Improvise Mwhahaha.

Well you may enjoy your zFinn in GW but no-one will spend a zeta for a mode that can easily be beaten without one.

If zetas were easy to obtain then it wouldn't be a problem however we have far too many zetas for how quickly we can get 20 mats.

NOBODY will say, "Hey imma zeta finn for GW when I can just do it with g10 wiggs".
  • scuba
    14008 posts Member

You can never have enough weak offense teams for TW. Zeta Finn squad that is weak can take out many different teams.
  • scuba wrote: »

You can never have enough weak offense teams for TW. Zeta Finn squad that is weak can take out many different teams.

Well it would make no sense going for it over Imp troopers, or Palpatine, or Talzin, or Assajj, or, or, or, or, I could go for hours.
  • scuba
    14008 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Well it would make no sense going for it over Imp troopers, or Palpatine, or Talzin, or Assajj, or, or, or, or, I could go for hours.

Doesn't matter if you could go on for hours it is still a good squad for tw. Would I zeta it over another team no but it is not useless if you have it.
  • UdalCuain
    4984 posts Member

Well you may enjoy your zFinn in GW but no-one will spend a zeta for a mode that can easily be beaten without one.

If zetas were easy to obtain then it wouldn't be a problem however we have far too many zetas for how quickly we can get 20 mats.

NOBODY will say, "Hey imma zeta finn for GW when I can just do it with g10 wiggs".

You missed what I meant entirely. I was saying I ENJOY playing with the team, which is surely the whole point of a game, to gain enjoyment from it? I play manually, despite having an option to SIM, because I like my team and GW, though it is a bit too easy now.

I'm sure your gear 10 Wiggs did fabulously on the old difficulty. zFinn is still a good investment to those on the climb. Easy squad to acquire. Yeah, maybe not essential anymore, but definitely not a bad investment.
  • Gawejn
    1088 posts Member
    Wow, so final conclusion is? Fin is not for Sith Raid. So what is the problem? there is no problem. At least healers can be used somewhere, Jawas and BH can be used. R1 can also be quite good in new raid. Great that Deathtrooper can be quite important for this raid, Magma trooper can shine. Even Mob Enforcer can be used. Would be very boring to play with Finn always and everywhere.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

So now you're saying new players won't choose to zeta Finn? Okay.... that's a problem why exactly?

I never said it HAD TO DO WELL, I'm saying it would be fair, mostly to newer players who don't have a big roster

The Sith raid isn't designed to cater to "newer players who don't have a big roster." It's designed to be challenging content for people who have been playing and have developed rosters. Newer players have the challenge of heroic Rancor followed by the Tank raid.

Except when Traya starts owning arena new players will adapt their farming to go for Traya right away.

Most new players focus on CLS right away, whereas most of us had played for a long time before we added him to our rosters.

Why go for kenobi and not for Traya? Since rancor can be soloed by 1 character and haat can be soloed with 1 team (which includes the rancor character) now, it's not gonna divert people's farming from the sith raid.

So zFinn isn't necessary for things that newer players are doing/trying to get, and therefore they don't need to zeta him. If they don't need to zeta him, then there's no "fairness" issue for new players, because they don't have a zeta Finn.
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    edited March 2018

You missed what I meant entirely. I was saying I ENJOY playing with the team, which is surely the whole point of a game, to gain enjoyment from it?

Obviously, if you were paying any attention, you'd know the point of this game is to get mad about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I feel the need to respond (with my first post) to this. Let's do some math. You're saying that you are upset that 5 random toons slapped together can pull 1 million damage in tier 6 but your zeta Finn team cannot. I believe the argument is that the synergy should allow them to do more. Working on the assumption that these 5 random toons will continue to do their 1 million damage, how much would your like zeta Finn team to do? The one without the amazing mods and gear and proper strategy. 2 million? 3 million? I'm going to assume 3 million to make the math easier.

I believe that the current best guess at Nihilus's health pool is 149 million for tier 6. If your zeta Finn team can consistently pull 3 million damage, then a guild full of 50 zeta Finns, of which I am sure there are many, can rip through Nihilus and p1 one of the raid. To me, this would be very very bad.

Why? because it would then be stale content. New raids are meant to be brand new, difficult content, for which a guild must rally together to figure out. Releasing this new content and allowing a guild to finish a phase with a team that has been popular for the better part of a year in HAAT would be disappointing. It would be essentially be creating 3/4 of a raid in my opinion.

What this allows us to do as a community is to find the "zeta Finn" of the sith raid. Right now it looks like Jedi Training Rey is the best character, but who knows how that will change. Randomly, teams that toss around thermal detonators are putting up big numbers, as well as teams which utilize Deathtrooper. The goal is to band together and figure out how to take this beast of a challenge down.

And before anyone on here jumps all over me (because that seems to be kind of common here), I'm almost completely free to play, recently reached level 85, and am in a really small time guild which hasn't even finished one HAAT. I'm not speaking out because I can dominate this raid; I'm speaking out because it is a unique challenge that we have not had in a while, and one I am fully embracing (once I finish farming for BB8... and CLS... and JTR... and... oofff I'm behind lol)
    Also leave that asside, not being able to do 1 million with a zFinn is unacceptable period

Why? Because you want it to be able to do 1 million? Sounds a bit selfish and entitled. There should be no expectation that any toon or team should automatically perform to a certain level. They have no obligation to any player to continously make the same teams effective. In fact, part of their stated intent with this raid is to shake up the raid meta and change which tactics and squads are effective. It helps keep the game fresh and gives people things to work towards.

Excuse me but a team that requires 2 zetas, (Finn and R2 number crunch) to work, should have the ability to do 1 million damage. I specificaly mentiod well modded and maxed out in gear as well.

Yes a 2 zeta team that's maxed out in gear and is well modded should be able to do more damage than a random team of attackers with 0 synergy other than a crit damage leadership, 0 zetas, g11 and just basic crit damage mods.

I'm not saying that dropping 2 zetas means you automatically get a life long killer squad, however think about it from a new player perspective. They hit level 85, they invested 2 zetas on Finn and R2 and a bunch of gear and mods and now they can't do ANYTHING in the Sith raid. Sorry but that's not right

You only need one zeta for a zfinn team r2 can warm the bench
  • btw, OP, dedicated FO teams can have a macimum of 5 zetas. How much damage should they be able to do? If a Singale zeta Finn team should be able to do 10m, can they do like 50

Sincerely, a FO user
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Dont worry. The devs figured out that you might land a single expose at the beginning of the match, but not later on due to stacking tenacity. Devs are working really hard right now to nerf expose because its doing too much damage.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Pssst..... stop talking about thermal detonators
  • fluffybumpkinsohn
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2018

I believe that the current best guess at Nihilus's health pool is 149 million for tier 6. If your zeta Finn team can consistently pull 3 million damage, then a guild full of 50 zeta Finns, of which I am sure there are many, can rip through Nihilus and p1 one of the raid. To me, this would be very very bad.

actually no, my guild does not have many zFinn and 2 (i think) JTR, so your logic may apply to whale guilds, but not to the masses.

In addition, Team Instinct had to use 46 JTR teams to clear P1/P2 heroic; this is the top guild in the game and look what it took them. So lets say that it took 23 JTR teams per phase. How many guilds do you think are sitting on 23 JTR teams? As far as I can tell from reading these threads, not many. Also, expose does not need to be modified for HAAT because Rez isnt used to solo HAAT. There are numerous other teams that can do that, so to apply the nerf across all raids is garbage.
  • sw3dishtrex
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Some of you are straight up nice people, so lets break down the complaints.

1) Ops complaint about zFinn being nerfed: this is valid, they are changing the whole dynamic of the toon into borderline uselesness because they could not develop the raid properly and the people testing it did not meantion it for them because it was more important shooting videos and doing tactics for their guilds than actually spotting issues. The toon is not the problem the raid design is, PERIOD.

2) "Blahblah 140 toons most of them useless" and since when did this become a valid reason to make yet another one useless ? Lets not kid ourselves here, the toon balance is this game is extremly bad and they let clearly op chars stay there, their whole change phillosofy is just a document trying to explain hypocracy. Im sorry you ppl who think its fine to nerf zfinn is fine because you either invested in great toons or did not want to farm him but retooling something now after this long that drasticly nerfs him is silly.

3 "Blahblahblah but he rules HAAT" So ? cls dominates in all raids and he is not nerfed. raid han is pretty op in all pve at some phase yet no one is crying about it, no one is saying how the pay to win ns squads can dominate in more than one aspect. We as customers need to stop justifying their innability to create raids that cannot be broken by their own badly balanced toons.

This is just creating more jojo balancing and justifying this cycle of new powercreep characters, the same reason i disslike the mythic characters.

For the record, yes i have zFinn, no i dont use him because resistance is a boring faction that can burn for all i care.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited March 2018

1) Ops complaint about zFinn being nerfed: this is valid, they are changing the whole dynamic of the toon into borderline uselesness because they could not develop the raid properly and the people testing it did not meantion it for them because it was more important shooting videos and doing tactics for their guilds than actually spotting issues. The toon is not the problem the raid design is, PERIOD.

2) "Blahblah 140 toons most of them useless" and since when did this become a valid reason to make yet another one useless ? Lets not kid ourselves here, the toon balance is this game is extremly bad and they let clearly op chars stay there, their whole change phillosofy is just a document trying to explain hypocracy. Im sorry you ppl who think its fine to nerf zfinn is fine because you either invested in great toons or did not want to farm him but retooling something now after this long that drasticly nerfs him is silly.

3 "Blahblahblah but he rules HAAT" So ? cls dominates in all raids and he is not nerfed. raid han is pretty op in all pve at some phase yet no one is crying about it, no one is saying how the pay to win ns squads can dominate in more than one aspect. We as customers need to stop justifying their innability to create raids that cannot be broken by their own badly balanced toons.

This is just creating more jojo balancing and justifying this cycle of new powercreep characters, the same reason i disslike the mythic characters.

For the record, yes i have zFinn, no i dont use him because resistance is a boring faction that can burn for all i care.

You zetaed zFinn without using him and think his faction is trash......and zetaed him anyway?

Say what now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I think you're talking about the nerf to exposes across all raids, wich isn't what this thread is about. (it wasn't announced at the time this thread got created)

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So the devs made a single toon that is good in 90% of the content, and because the mechanics make him (as lead) useless, you cry? ****.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    So when are you leaving this game man? This game seems really unfair to you imo. Must be hard when the devs plot against you. :(

Thousands of players have invested a zeta on Finn with the logic of being a great pve zeta that is gonna help them in raids. This is not about me. Zfinn is useless on rancor, and making useless in this raid too makes it useless in 2 out of 3 raids

How many zetas do you suppose were spent on Finn with the sith raid in mind? I keep seeing this argument and it's totally bogus. Most of us with zFinn got it when GW was rediculously hard. Nerfing GW is what made his zeta less valuable.
  • Some of you are straight up nice people, so lets break down the complaints.

Agreed, no-one of these arguments are right cause it's a double standard. Just cause Finn does good in haat that doesn't mean that his usefulness should end there.
  • Wassup wrote: »
    So the devs made a single toon that is good in 90% of the content, and because the mechanics make him (as lead) useless, you cry? ****.

90%? He's not viable in arena, he can't do much on rancor. He is only good in TB and Haat so that's not 90%
  • leef wrote: »

I think you're talking about the nerf to exposes across all raids, wich isn't what this thread is about. (it wasn't announced at the time this thread got created)

It's all relevant, the hate for the character only evolved
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

It's all relevant, the hate for the character only evolved

not really. He's just going to be slightly worse in the AAT than he was before. How much remains to be seen, but a zFinn resistance team doesn't rely that much on damage from exposes in the AAT, so it can't be much worse.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36445 posts Member
    Also lets not forget TW, and makes LS and Cantina tables easy for players that are not yet at full development.

So maybe not 90%, more like 75%. Still not useless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wkj312
    60 posts Member

If you look at the timing of this post, you will see that OP's complaints were made before the nerf, therefore opinions of the nerf do not apply here. I think we can all agree that the nerf is unwarranted. OP was focusing on his belief that Zinn should be instrumental in conquering end-game content.
  • Wkj312 wrote: »

If you look at the timing of this post, you will see that OP's complaints were made before the nerf, therefore opinions of the nerf do not apply here. I think we can all agree that the nerf is unwarranted. OP was focusing on his belief that Zinn should be instrumental in conquering end-game content.

It should be Actually. Resistance only has 2 good leaders, being a major faction and very relevant due to the new trilogy then you bet Finn should be good for end game content.