So Zeta Finn is useless for the Sith raid...

1235Next

Replies

• leef wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Some of you are straight up nice people, so lets break down the complaints.

1) Ops complaint about zFinn being nerfed: this is valid, they are changing the whole dynamic of the toon into borderline uselesness because they could not develop the raid properly and the people testing it did not meantion it for them because it was more important shooting videos and doing tactics for their guilds than actually spotting issues. The toon is not the problem the raid design is, PERIOD.

2) "Blahblah 140 toons most of them useless" and since when did this become a valid reason to make yet another one useless ? Lets not kid ourselves here, the toon balance is this game is extremly bad and they let clearly op chars stay there, their whole change phillosofy is just a document trying to explain hypocracy. Im sorry you ppl who think its fine to nerf zfinn is fine because you either invested in great toons or did not want to farm him but retooling something now after this long that drasticly nerfs him is silly.

3 "Blahblahblah but he rules HAAT" So ? cls dominates in all raids and he is not nerfed. raid han is pretty op in all pve at some phase yet no one is crying about it, no one is saying how the pay to win ns squads can dominate in more than one aspect. We as customers need to stop justifying their innability to create raids that cannot be broken by their own badly balanced toons.

This is just creating more jojo balancing and justifying this cycle of new powercreep characters, the same reason i disslike the mythic characters.

For the record, yes i have zFinn, no i dont use him because resistance is a boring faction that can burn for all i care.

I think you're talking about the nerf to exposes across all raids, wich isn't what this thread is about. (it wasn't announced at the time this thread got created)

It's all relevant, the hate for the character only evolved

not really. He's just going to be slightly worse in the AAT than he was before. How much remains to be seen, but a zFinn resistance team doesn't rely that much on damage from exposes in the AAT, so it can't be much worse.

Slightly is an understatement, if you take into aaccount that during a run you hit dozens if not hundreds of exposes then that could easily translate to a good amount of damage being lost
  • TVF wrote: »
    Also lets not forget TW, and makes LS and Cantina tables easy for players that are not yet at full development.

So maybe not 90%, more like 75%. Still not useless.

You are really trying to make a case for galactic war now? It's been months since they made it super easy. You can clear it without problems with a wiggs much faster than Finn and with no zeta spent. And even that was a thing ofthe past since you can sim it now.

You can make a case for light side battles I guess but honestly it's a poor argument since you can just finish those with Phoenix squad which everyone farms first anyways.
  • TVF
    36436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Also lets not forget TW, and makes LS and Cantina tables easy for players that are not yet at full development.

So maybe not 90%, more like 75%. Still not useless.

You are really trying to make a case for galactic war now? It's been months since they made it super easy. You can clear it without problems with a wiggs much faster than Finn and with no zeta spent. And even that was a thing ofthe past since you can sim it now.

Read my post again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Some of you are straight up nice people, so lets break down the complaints.

1) Ops complaint about zFinn being nerfed: this is valid, they are changing the whole dynamic of the toon into borderline uselesness because they could not develop the raid properly and the people testing it did not meantion it for them because it was more important shooting videos and doing tactics for their guilds than actually spotting issues. The toon is not the problem the raid design is, PERIOD.

2) "Blahblah 140 toons most of them useless" and since when did this become a valid reason to make yet another one useless ? Lets not kid ourselves here, the toon balance is this game is extremly bad and they let clearly op chars stay there, their whole change phillosofy is just a document trying to explain hypocracy. Im sorry you ppl who think its fine to nerf zfinn is fine because you either invested in great toons or did not want to farm him but retooling something now after this long that drasticly nerfs him is silly.

3 "Blahblahblah but he rules HAAT" So ? cls dominates in all raids and he is not nerfed. raid han is pretty op in all pve at some phase yet no one is crying about it, no one is saying how the pay to win ns squads can dominate in more than one aspect. We as customers need to stop justifying their innability to create raids that cannot be broken by their own badly balanced toons.

This is just creating more jojo balancing and justifying this cycle of new powercreep characters, the same reason i disslike the mythic characters.

For the record, yes i have zFinn, no i dont use him because resistance is a boring faction that can burn for all i care.

I think you're talking about the nerf to exposes across all raids, wich isn't what this thread is about. (it wasn't announced at the time this thread got created)

It's all relevant, the hate for the character only evolved

not really. He's just going to be slightly worse in the AAT than he was before. How much remains to be seen, but a zFinn resistance team doesn't rely that much on damage from exposes in the AAT, so it can't be much worse.

Slightly is an understatement, if you take into aaccount that during a run you hit dozens if not hundreds of exposes then that could easily translate to a good amount of damage being lost

I looked up an old screenshot of my zFinn resistance team in the hAAT. Out of the 9.2mil dmg i did, only 1.8mil was done by exposes. That leaves 7.4mil regular dmg that will remain unchanged by changes to expose dmg.
    So that's roughly 20% of the dmg is from exposes. Depending on how hard they nerf the expose dmg you're gonna do between 0% and 20% less damage. With lower scores the damage from exposes is probably even less percentage wise.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • UdalCuain
    4983 posts Member
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.

Then I guess it’s a good thing that he is still very good for other extremely important parts of the game. Thus still a very good zeta investment.

I mean you can say that but think about it really.

1. He shines in haat P2 and P4 but so do A TON of other squads. Phoenix can solo p4, imperial troopers can solo P4, Rebels can solo P4, Clones can solo P4. I'm sure nightsisters can solo P4. All these squads, except rebels can also be used in P2.

Now if you have BB8 the investment in mods and gear is smaller for the same phases with Finn than the other squads mentioned BUT if you have BB8 you might as well use Rey instead.

2. Haat is not a big deal with the new Ackbar-CLS-BB8-Thrawn super team.

3. The only other 2 places where zFinn can be used is TW and TB. I'm sure some of the squads mentioned above can do just as well. Sure in TB most squads struggle when Finn pushes like a king, but that's that. I'm sure not many people want to invest in a zeta Finn just for TB. Plus if you are gonna do that, why not zeta Jyn erso instead and go with rogue one squad? That is also a free win and much more efficient one than Finn cause R1 can be used in a special mission too, and R1 exclusive SM.

4. TW, sure Finn can take out a General Zarriss team easy, but GK Zarriss is dead anyways, many squads can easily beat it, Nightsisters, Rey, Palpatine. So much that most advanced guilds are barely doing GK Zarriss zones any more.

So what do you really have left where you have no choice but to go for ZFinn???

Wait and save the zetas? I still enjoy GW with my resistance team (no BB-8, I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Pilot) because they are fun and I like the mass death from R2's Improvise Mwhahaha.

Well you may enjoy your zFinn in GW but no-one will spend a zeta for a mode that can easily be beaten without one.

If zetas were easy to obtain then it wouldn't be a problem however we have far too many zetas for how quickly we can get 20 mats.

NOBODY will say, "Hey imma zeta finn for GW when I can just do it with g10 wiggs".

My last post vanished into the abyss, so guess I have to type it again.

You are missing what I am trying to say entirely. I ENJOY playing with my team in GW. I have the option to SIM, put play it on manual because it is fun. Granted it is way to easy now, but it's nice watch R2 barbeque everyone.

And I'm sure that gear 10 Wiggs did awesome pre-nerf. zFinn is still a really good investment, especially for those coming up through the ranks or wanting to help a bit more in the tank raids.
  • UdalCuain
    4983 posts Member
    Unless you think that magicaly I'm the Only person who has ZFinn

Of course not. You are just the entitled whiny brat that seems to think every character should work exactly the way you want. Despite that desire completely flying in the face of the stated intent of the content.

Well, entitlement comes from the scarcity. If it was easy to get 20 zeta mats then you zeta another team and you move on.

However the devs have made it abundantly clear that the purpose of zetas is to be a well thought, big decision that takes you to one direction and once you commit it's hard to keep splitting yourself up.

Also there is the other factor which is that Finn is one of my favourite characters in star wars and he is one of the main characters of the new trilogy so seeing him being useless for the new content feels bad.

Then I guess it’s a good thing that he is still very good for other extremely important parts of the game. Thus still a very good zeta investment.

I mean you can say that but think about it really.

1. He shines in haat P2 and P4 but so do A TON of other squads. Phoenix can solo p4, imperial troopers can solo P4, Rebels can solo P4, Clones can solo P4. I'm sure nightsisters can solo P4. All these squads, except rebels can also be used in P2.

Now if you have BB8 the investment in mods and gear is smaller for the same phases with Finn than the other squads mentioned BUT if you have BB8 you might as well use Rey instead.

2. Haat is not a big deal with the new Ackbar-CLS-BB8-Thrawn super team.

3. The only other 2 places where zFinn can be used is TW and TB. I'm sure some of the squads mentioned above can do just as well. Sure in TB most squads struggle when Finn pushes like a king, but that's that. I'm sure not many people want to invest in a zeta Finn just for TB. Plus if you are gonna do that, why not zeta Jyn erso instead and go with rogue one squad? That is also a free win and much more efficient one than Finn cause R1 can be used in a special mission too, and R1 exclusive SM.

4. TW, sure Finn can take out a General Zarriss team easy, but GK Zarriss is dead anyways, many squads can easily beat it, Nightsisters, Rey, Palpatine. So much that most advanced guilds are barely doing GK Zarriss zones any more.

So what do you really have left where you have no choice but to go for ZFinn???

Wait and save the zetas? I still enjoy GW with my resistance team (no BB-8, I run Finn, Poe, Trooper, R2, Pilot) because they are fun and I like the mass death from R2's Improvise Mwhahaha.

Well you may enjoy your zFinn in GW but no-one will spend a zeta for a mode that can easily be beaten without one.

If zetas were easy to obtain then it wouldn't be a problem however we have far too many zetas for how quickly we can get 20 mats.

NOBODY will say, "Hey imma zeta finn for GW when I can just do it with g10 wiggs".

My last post vanished into the abyss, so guess I have to type it again.

You are missing what I am trying to say entirely. I ENJOY playing with my team in GW. I have the option to SIM, put play it on manual because it is fun. Granted it is way to easy now, but it's nice watch R2 barbeque everyone.

And I'm sure that gear 10 Wiggs did awesome pre-nerf. zFinn is still a really good investment, especially for those coming up through the ranks or wanting to help a bit more in the tank raids.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Wkj312 wrote: »
    I enjoy that the same teams normally don't destroy each raid. It keeps the game fresh, and gives us squads to strive to build.

I completely agree with this. It seems like niche characters will be used more often now, like Jawa Engineer. This is a breath of fresh air.

There are a lot of characters that are really good in certain parts of the game. Zeta Finn is extremely good where you can manipulate turn meter and reliably inflict debuffs. This isn't the case here, and that's okay. He's still an amazing character, and utterly destroys the content that he's good at.

While I get that it sucks you can't really use a team that you put a lot of work into...when new content launches, it presents new challenges and new puzzles to solve. Cant expect a certain squad to succeed in all content new and old.

Very well said