TW Issues 3/4/18 {Merged}

Prev1345678
Flamethrow
335 posts Member
edited March 2018
Well done on breaking the last fun thing in this game. Massive GP differences across the board (25 mil + when highest GP guild is at 50/50 participation).

Also, nicely done on increasing the Defensive squad requirements... was this not supposed to be for 160 mil + GP guilds only?

Hope you cancel and fix this mess asap...
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Is it just me or does it seem EA is trying to kill small guilds? Our last two TW were against guilds that beat the living crap out of us and had a ridiculous advantage. So is anyone else out there getting the same thing? We had one TW that was petty even and the rest have been way u balanced. Or have we just had really, really bad luck??
  • I don't know about that, we just went against a guild that had about 3mil less GP, so we thought cool, bout even... WRONG. Our strong defense teams which we load up in front have between 72k and 80k power.. they had like 9 teams in each front territory with 90k+ power and they wiped us dang near clean already..

I can tell you my guild isn't really a fan of TW. And the lackluster rewards for our power range lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, they want to incentivize people to join large guilds. But that doesn't have much to do with TW matching, which large and small guilds alike are complaining about.
  • There exists a legitimate but dirty strategy wherein a guild of high GP, consisting of many powerhouses and few ticket farming alts, will sign up for tw with only the powerhouses and thus the more controllable population of players can run roughshod over the opponent. I was in a tw where the guild had 20 mgp more than my guild and we were brutalized. There are wars however where you are met with evenly matched guilds that can use superior strategy than you, such as using walls of jtr, cls, or ns upfront which results in multiple attacks exhausting enemy resources.

War is war, and any strategy used to win will be used.
  • When the other guild has way more gp, it's possible that not all of their members participate.
    We never had bad matchmaking yet, I guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There do seem to be some mis matches, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to guild size. I would imaging smaller guilds are harder to match, but there are many factors to matching as Kozi has stated.

On the guild size note, yes i'm sure the idea of setting guild size at 50 was to promote a guild of that size for various reasons.
  • I enjoy territory War for what it is...a chance to roll out squad comps you’d never dream of playing in arena. It also gives my personal thoughts on theory crafting an opportunity to be tested out.

Reward differential isn’t enough to get worked up over really, so I just have fun participating.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • stupidshnit
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the responses. I hate not participating in the TW because we can use every reward possible. yet getting handed to me makes me want to not be involved at all. I am not planning on leaving my smaller guild because I like the people in it so I will just swallow pride and waste my time!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Don’t be too upset we keep facing guilds that purposesly go for the tie instead of putting up a fair fight. This is in the 120m-140m gp range so to see a defense with blue and green gear lvls is just pathetic. They know they won’t win so they intentionally drag the other guild to their reward tier
  • There definitely needs to be improvements for me to stay hooked
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I find it a little dull and repetitive, made more so by losing teams when either the game or internet glitches for a second.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    For every guild that faces 1 with higher GP, the opposing guild faces 1 w/ lower GP. RNG will eventually balance.

It's not only your side that faces crashes...so, again, balance.

It is my opinion that guilds that tie, must b saving too much for offense, therefore not dedicating enuf to defense.

• Poxx wrote: »
    For every guild that faces 1 with higher GP, the opposing guild faces 1 w/ lower GP. RNG will eventually balance.

It's not only your side that faces crashes...so, again, balance.

It is my opinion that guilds that tie, must b saving too much for offense, therefore not dedicating enuf to defense.

This is the problem really. Organizing a defence is hard, and a disorganized guild will generally lose, so some guilds just go all out on offence and don't worry about defence.....which cause a tie no matter what the opponent does.

I'm semi-retired due instabilty in the family situation so I move from a competitive guild with 140M to a causal one with about 70M. Oddly enough, TW is much more fun when a guild can't both fill the map and throw like 3-4 teams at every defensive position.

Basically, they need to tip the balance so a guild that goes all out on offence can be beaten by a strong defense, which is not currently possible.

I wish you could see the active GP of the opposing guild. It would take out some of these matchmaking complaints I think.
    iN Spectre
  • We have yet to come across anything resembling an even match. Right now we are getting smoked by a guild with many more teams of high caliber than us. Our guild members have become uninterested in TW as a result. Unfortunate game would roll out a feature that has such a negative impact on guild play.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There do seem to be some mis matches, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to guild size. I would imaging smaller guilds are harder to match, but there are many factors to matching as Kozi has stated.

On the guild size note, yes i'm sure the idea of setting guild size at 50 was to promote a guild of that size for various reasons.

The problem is though that while it has been stated that there are many factors into matchmaking, those factors have never been told to the community. Unless there was a post or announcement that I missed?
  • ^ this. We have been told small snippets of what DOESN'T effect matching but the have never been given a breakdown of the algorithm(s) actually being used. Not sure why the devs feel it necessary to keep it hidden unless there is something nefarious going on.....

Just my 2 cents
  • Personally I hate TW. It’s boring, frustrating and I really can’t be bothered to participate any more. There’s no motivation when my 89 GP guild keeps coming up against guilds twice as powerful. Where is the fun? EA need to scrap this farce
  • Zior wrote: »
    Personally I hate TW. It’s boring, frustrating and I really can’t be bothered to participate any more. There’s no motivation when my 89 GP guild keeps coming up against guilds twice as powerful. Where is the fun? EA need to scrap this farce

There aren't any 178 GP guilds

TW is my, and many other players, favorite activity in game
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • My guild was enjoying it at first with a few wins and a couple losses but they all felt like nail biters. The last few, we're getting obliterated. We'll hit about 9K total points and the opposing guild just tears through everything we have. It's ridiculous. It isn't fun at all.
  • I enjoy TW quite a bit, but our participation dropped off hard on the second one. As much as I enjoy it, I don't think 2 in a row is the way to go.
    We have lost twice. Both times we were grossly outmatched. I have to assume being paired with stronger guilds is the result of winning a few.
  • Not sure if it's an intentional development thing, but I do know their algorithm for matchmaking guilds to compete needs a lot of work. We just not got paired up with a guild that is 74M GP. Ours is 48M. Doesn't make sense.
    Officer in Rancor Raiderzz
  • Their system is totally broken, it doesn't work at all. There's nothing fun going up again insurmountable odds.
  • Their system is totally broken, it doesn't work at all. There's nothing fun going up again insurmountable odds.

Our cool han disagree with u
    han+solo.jpg
  • Officer of my guild. I hate it. My Leader hates it. Every guild member hates it. No matter what we do, and no matter what the GP comparison is, our field gets wiped. Next TW I'm going to try our guild at a straight-up attack with weaker, throwaway squads for defense. The only reason we even do TW is for the rewards we get for suffering.
  • We always face teams with more GP than us currently fighting one with 20 mil + more, and we always hold our own.

I think TW is the equalizer, it rewards those with large collections and diverse teams. People who only sunk into the "titans" are useless, but that guy who farmed all droids before realizing they are trash can fill defensive slots allowing hard hitters to save for offense.

If OP wants in a guild that maximizes rosters during TW inbox me. Currently 5-2 on out way to 6-2. ;)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Except it's not a bug...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH