Can you put our "favourite" characters back to their previous place?

Prev1
B0untryHR7
663 posts Member
edited March 2018
Yes I'm going to complain again and rightfully so. Instead of forcing a change on players a smarter choice is ALWAYS to give them options and let them choose which one they prefer.

I don't want my "favourite" characters to appear at the top, above my most powerful characters. It makes a very annoying experience.

The result is that we stopped favouring characters all together and now it takes even longer to dig through our roster to find that gear 5/6/7 that we need to keep farming.

It's still preferable than having them show on top of everything else.

Solution: 1. Make favourites not show over other chracters.
2. Add a button on the top right side of the screen which automatically rearranges the inventory so that they automatically appear on top.

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    You could create squads in the squad management section so you don't spend time fumbling for the ones you want
  • You said we stopped favouring characters all together. That's the opposite in my case. It is very useful them to be appear at the top. Just put your chars need to be geared at the top just so you don't look for them separately every time. So what if your most powerful chars don't appear at first. How is it help to you ? .
  • How is the current system better than what we had, all you had to do was go to the selection menu, scroll down once and bam, you're there.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Can someone ban this dude from the forum?

Yeah let's cage someone because you don't like them
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    STOP DOUBLE POSTING

There is no reason you couldn't have put that all in one post
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I just unfavourite everything.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I've never actually favorited a toon so have no idea how the system used to work vs how it works now
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I just unfavourite everything.

Well my point exactly, by trying to improve something they actually made it an annoyance so we stopped using the system altogether. So just go back to what it was and problem solved?
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    STOP DOUBLE POSTING

There is no reason you couldn't have put that all in one post

Where did you see the double posting? You wanted me to have pisted that along with my zeta Finn post? Or go through the entire forum to find a similar thread and then burry it as a comment?
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't get it. What's there to not like? yes, you favourite the toons you are working on, so you see them on top. Why is this not a good thing? When would you actually like to see them sorted by power? for me, never. And if you really want it you can still select the "sort by power" option and it will just do that. And if you are talking about the squad selection screen, I only use my pre build squad manager squads.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Post #1
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    How is the current system better than what we had, all you had to do was go to the selection menu, scroll down once and bam, you're there.

Post #2
    evoluza wrote: »

Both posts within a minute of each other you can put multiple quotes in one post
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    agree with the op
    I un-favorate all toons
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    I don't get it. What's there to not like? yes, you favourite the toons you are working on, so you see them on top. Why is this not a good thing? When would you actually like to see them sorted by power? for me, never. And if you really want it you can still select the "sort by power" option and it will just do that. And if you are talking about the squad selection screen, I only use my pre build squad manager squads.

I used to have over 20 toons in my favourite at some point, I also like to improvise with my teams.

Regardless of that you can't force your preferences on to others, instead you give them both choices and let them pick what they want for themselves. What's to argue about that?

You know we've had tons of complaints about all sorts of things. I never saw anyone ask for favorites to appear on top. Guess what none of the complaints got fixed but the one thing that didn't bother anyone was changed...
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Post #1
    How is the current system better than what we had, all you had to do was go to the selection menu, scroll down once and bam, you're there.

Post #2
    evoluza wrote: »

Both posts within a minute of each other you can put multiple quotes in one post

?? I still don't get it
  • @Kyno is bizarre to me that I would end up in the spam folder but this guy doesn't :smiley:
  • @Kyno is bizarre to me that I would end up in the spam folder but this guy doesn't :smiley:

What did I spam?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    @Kyno is bizarre to me that I would end up in the spam folder but this guy doesn't :smiley:

What did I spam?
    The forums
    @Kyno is bizarre to me that I would end up in the spam folder but this guy doesn't :smiley:

What did I spam?

Think you just complain a lot. :D

What did I spam?

So? What else do you want me to do?

What did I spam?

So? What else do you want me to do?

Things will always change. Accept it and try to adapt. For many of us, it was improvement.
    I always used the favourite system to tag the toons I am gearing and starring.
    Now they put those tooms forward everywhere, so they saved me 2 touches to select the favourite tag every time. And on the gear view, they are also the first, if any of them needs that piece.
    I know it might be annoying when the UI changes, but trying new things boost the brain.
    Try new tastes, try new routes to work, visit new places, meet new people, try to see the world from different viewpoints and you will be smarter.
    (And hopefully realise how pointless this 'complain-about-everything' way of thinking is)
    I learned to be more solution-centric than problem-centric. And it was worth it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    i like the change, saves me quite a few clicks/taps/scrolls on a weekly basis.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I am seriously cracking up that this guy keeps double posting everything. And he does it so that I am not sure if he genuinely doesn't get it or he is just uber trolling the NO DOUBLE POSTING dude. Only one thing comes to mind...
    7b2.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please let's stay on topic everyone.

Moved to Feedback >> Gear and UI
  • I realize my post is coming at the end of a bunch of pointless bickering about stuff that has no bearing on the OP, but here's my 2 cents. Having favorites at the top of the characters screen is fine. Saves me 2 taps, but okay. It wasn't a problem before.

However, the new sort is a problem on the squad selection screen before a combat. The toons I'm working on leveling and gearing are at the top, exactly where I don't want them. I'm playing a 4:3 screen, and with the new filter bar (being able to filter/search is great!), I can only see 6 toons at a time on the selection screen. There is no way to sort by power - only a filter where I can choose "Light side," "Dark side," etc...

And you can't just scroll past the favorites because if I have GK in there who I'm working on gearing up, I still may want to use him in a squad. Where it's a real issue is in TW where I'm trying to build a strong squad and keep having to scroll back and forth to see if I have a better toon in my favorites or below them in the part sorted by power.

Bottom line: Keep the auto sort by Favorites in the character screen. Nix it in the squad selection screen.
  • It took me some getting used to, but I love that the favorites are at the top even when doing battles. My most common teams are all saved as a specific squad and now when I'm testing characters I'm working on in GW, they're right there. Since those team comps change the most often, I don't want to create a saved team.

I also favorited my sacrificial lamb for the raids so that I can just deselect the auto-populated team and don't have to scroll the the bottom to get Uggy.

I didn't like it at first, I do now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    It took me some getting used to, but I love that the favorites are at the top even when doing battles. My most common teams are all saved as a specific squad and now when I'm testing characters I'm working on in GW, they're right there. Since those team comps change the most often, I don't want to create a saved team.

I also favorited my sacrificial lamb for the raids so that I can just deselect the auto-populated team and don't have to scroll the the bottom to get Uggy.

I didn't like it at first, I do now.

Ha ! I knew people would come around to the change.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I used to use favorites a lot for managing my roster. Now after this update I don't use it at all. Thanks for taking something useful and making it useless!
    Add a button on the top right side of the screen which automatically rearranges the inventory so that they automatically appear on top.

I'd prefer a checkbox to enable/disable favorite sorting as well. It's great when you want to see who you need to focus on improving, but it's a bit annoying other times. We shouldn't have to deal with some workaround to bypass something that should have been an option in the first place.