Sith raid storm trooper Han discussion? [MERGE]

Prev134
Roahn
231 posts Member
edited March 2018
As you can see from the message below the devs are looking into possibly nerfing Storm Trooper Han's turn meter bonus when he tuants in the new Sith raid.
"Sith Triumvirate Raid: Phases 3 and 4
There is an interaction between Stormtrooper Han and Darth Traya allowing Stormtrooper Han to grant teams an unintended amount of Turn Meter in the raid."
So i want to start a discussion asking the devs to reconsider doing anything to Storm Trooper Han. From what I've heard and seen from some of the game changer videos on YouTube about this. The mechanic is working properly, so there is no exploit or cheating going on here. What's being disputed is one of Darth Treya's abilities. Where any ability used by your team causes damage to your whole team and if Storm Trooper Han is taunting he gives a lot of turn meter to your team. Which is basically what his ability is supposed to do. So what's really occuring is that this toons ability may have been over looked when designing the new Sith raid. Also this supposed unintended turn meter bonus only occurs in phase 3 and phase 4. So please CG don't change something that appears to be working correctly.

Replies

• Options
    So why the hell is a useless old toon everyone already has the march daily login character unless it was for his p4 raid abilities? Are they really about to make us waste our zetas? And why is he the daily login character???
  • Pob
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Coz he's OP dude. He's gona get a Nerf the month he's the Daily Login.
    Working as intended, but not as anticipated.
    Bad form CG.
  • Pob
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    One more thing to add, if it was working in a way where the player didn't gain advantages, say like a Teebo raid mechanic. I'm sure it wouldn't be a hotfix, but a chuck to the bottom of bugs pile, Arctic fix and deflect any questions with some twaddle of complications with mechanics.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Pob wrote: »
    One more thing to add, if it was working in a way where the player didn't gain advantages, say like a Teebo raid mechanic. I'm sure it wouldn't be a hotfix, but a chuck to the bottom of bugs pile, Arctic fix and deflect any questions with some twaddle of complications with mechanics.

Based on CG's history, that's very likely.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Did you expect anything different? Of course they nerfed him!
  • Options
    Bad form CG!
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    They would be better off nerfing the things that are actually a problem, like JTR. But obviously it's much more important to nerf a free to play character than to even touch a pay to win character that is obviously broken.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    They would be better off nerfing the things that are actually a problem, like JTR. But obviously it's much more important to nerf a free to play character than to even touch a pay to win character that is obviously broken.

Kinda a bad point, since RJT does 7-10m whereas STHan can do upwards of 25m. In addittion, RJT teams require mutiple zetas whereas STHan does not
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the comparison is unfair, since STHan is obviously exploity. But to me at least, Rey feels equally like an exploit. Slapping "unresistable" on everything has been a trend ever since Tenacity Up became a huge problem, which I warned about a year ago.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Rex and his ability to grant TM to Rebels, Sith, Empire, Jawas, Bounty Hunters, and Tuskens... weren’t those great episodes and comics when we saw him team up with them? I just think, why have Rex, who has been meta and OP with literally any toon behind him, be broken for so long yet “fix” STHan simply because it was CG’s fault for overlooking him? It’s just very disappointing for us.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the comparison is unfair, since STHan is obviously exploity. But to me at least, Rey feels equally like an exploit. Slapping "unresistable" on everything has been a trend ever since Tenacity Up became a huge problem, which I warned about a year ago.

RJT isnt a exploit, unless everyone with unresistable effects are exploits. Lets also throw in zombie, who sometimes cant die. Ten. Up is a equally cheezy move. All in all, this is a exploitative game full of exploits
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Reminds me of Rex and his ability to grant TM to Rebels, Sith, Empire, Jawas, Bounty Hunters, and Tuskens... weren’t those great episodes and comics when we saw him team up with them? I just think, why have Rex, who has been meta and OP with literally any toon behind him, be broken for so long yet “fix” STHan simply because it was CG’s fault for overlooking him? It’s just very disappointing for us.

because rex doesnt need balancing.

Anyways, thats a flavour issue. This is a mechanics issie
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

it's a huge problem how exactly?
    That didn't break the raid, st han did, who can keep going and going on auto eventhough all allies have just a sliver of health and enrage has kicked in 5 min ago.
    This should definately be patched. (edit: and is going to be patched, that has been confirmed already)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    You didn't test him, you look incompetent.
    It's as simple as that.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    guys, SThan plus zVentress can do 100m in damage. This is a v.bad comparison
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    It’s obviously an exploit that was not intended. He isn’t daily login because he is he sith raid god.
    He is daily login because of the upcoming movie. They gotta get the hype started somewhere
  • Options
    Typical. Quickly nerf it coz it works. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Typical. Quickly nerf it coz it works. Disappointing.

its more of: nerf it bcos it worked a way we didnt expect it to work
  • Options
    I wanted to make a post on FO, but......

StHan.

So. A few quick details about my swgoh "career". Completely f2p, been here since 2016 aroudinum packs(marquee events=lifesaver). I m missing JTR and a 7 star Chimera. I run FO in arena and rank about low 100s to 70.

I m conpletely with the devs on nerfing STHan, and here are my reasons.

1. Value per investment

STHan is way easier to get than JTR. The Zentress team that scored 100m with StHan required a single zeta, prob. g12, i m not sure. JTR require(d) 2 hard node characters, 2 16 energy catina node characters, g12, 3 zetas, etc etc.

Therefore i conclude that JTR requires more investment than StHan.

The more investment a players puts into smth, the more value he should get for it, period (looking at you, NS Zombie/Acoylte teams.) Regardless, the idea that a toon which such low investment should completely DESTROY such a hard to get toon is bordering on complete ****.

2. The Slippery Slope Argument.

"If they nerf Han, that means thry can nerf everything......"

Which they wont. Because Goals have to be relatively achieveable. Thats why t1 is there. so taht even suckers like me when i just started can contribute a little. If your guild sucks, go for a lower tier. If your guild doesnt want to make the "proper" investments for heroic, dont complain about not being able to do heroic.

This reminds me of the gun debate, actually. (Sorry but this is the best analogy i can think of). If the government passes universal background checks, they ll ban guns. See the lack of logic behind that statement. Its a slippery slope. Both EA and the government needs you to survive. Its just that EA s gonna exploit the damned out of you. And its not like you went into this game without knowing that.

3. Going Past Enrage.

No. Just no. No toon has ever survived a enrage. NEVER. its the point. Any toon that does so gets a damned nerf.

4. The damage values.

When stHan beat a toon thats widely considered broken in damage, but apparently the stHan doesnt deserve a nerf whereas the toon does.

Come on guys. its 100m vs 10m. At least guilds need to have mutiple JTRs per phase.

Thats it for now. Feel free to throw hate in the comments.

@Mods. Dont merge pls. I want to be able to debate on my own ground.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    st han is just broken vs traya, anyone who denies it is delusional. The patch is 100% justified and will make the game more enjoyable in the long run. I feel sorry for the people who can't see that.
  • Artery
    20 posts Member
    Options
    It depends on what they're going to do imo. Both Traya's damage, and STHan are working as intended, so I don't believe STHan needs nerfing, his taunt is what makes people use him. The raid needs tweaking to not allow this happen, rather than weakening the toon
  • Options
    Artery wrote: »
    It depends on what they're going to do imo. Both Traya's damage, and STHan are working as intended, so I don't believe STHan needs nerfing, his taunt is what makes people use him. The raid needs tweaking to not allow this happen, rather than weakening the toon

The most likely fix is to simply make the damage that Traya does no longer cause TM Gain from STH.
  • Options
    Personally, i hope that change Traya to cause a loss of protection/HP, then make it so that loss of life isnt damage. I think that would work really well
  • Options
    It's not the nerf that bugs most people imo. It's the quickness with which they patch 'this bug' up.
    I really like CG and mostly understand their motives/actions.
    But such proactiveness in particular fixes and other more pressing concerns being shoved to the archives. It's unjustifiable and shouldn't be happening IMO.
  • Artery
    20 posts Member
    Options

The most likely fix is to simply make the damage that Traya does no longer cause TM Gain from STH.

It's that word 'simply' that worries me lol
  • Options

Or to let the damage kill toons. I agree it needs to be fixed, but they need to make other adjustments if the raid isn't going to become harder.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Or to let the damage kill toons.

No thanks, that would affect every team negatively, not just st han teams.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options

Blocking TM gain from one single character isn't balanced. Block it from STHan, it should be blocked from everybody... including JTR.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Blocking TM gain from one single character isn't balanced. Block it from STHan, it should be blocked from everybody... including JTR.

JTR doesn't gain TM from getting damaged, so i'm unsure to why that would include JTR.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    That's valid.