Lord of Hunger Clarification

"In addition, whenever an enemy damages Nihilus with a Basic ability, he inflicts Defense Down on them for 1 turn. If they already have Defense Down, they lose 25% Protection and Nihilus gains that much Max Protection (these effects can't be Resisted)."

So let's just say that Nihilus has 0/10000 protection and my toon with Defense down has 4000/4000 protection. The way Nihilus' ability is worded, I would expect my toon to drop to 3000/4000, and Nihilus would gain that 1000 in max protection, making him 0/11000. Instead, it appears that Nihilus is going to 1000/10000 or 1000/11000.
If this is working as intended the wording should be adjusted to say that Nihilus recovers protection.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    When max protection is gained it gets added to whatever the current protection is as well as max

otherwise a few zetas like K2S0 or EP would be near useless
  • HK666 wrote: »
    When max protection is gained it gets added to whatever the current protection is as well as max

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work this way. I assumed it worked the same way as Health. When a 15000/30000 Health Nihilus annihilates an enemy with 30k heath he becomes 30k/60k. The denominator changes while the percentage remains the same.
  • K2S0 and that part of Palp zeta are pretty much worthless...
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work this way. I assumed it worked the same way as Health. When a 15000/30000 Health Nihilus annihilates an enemy with 30k heath he becomes 30k/60k. The denominator changes while the percentage remains the same.

I always thought the same. Then I saw a video with EP where he had no protection and than he gained it back. So it seems for increasing max protection the number is added to both sides.

You could also see this in GW where R2 would actually give protection back to allies when starting a new node.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    like what scuba said. If you've got a character like k2 or EP at no health and they gain max prot, you see some protection gained.

are those annihilates under a DN lead? cuz that blocks health recovery. I've never gotten an annihilate off outside of DN lead that wasn't raid boss and had DN with health damage, so I don't know there. Am changing arena teams soon so might know more in the next few days
  • scuba wrote: »

I always thought the same. Then I saw a video with EP where he had no protection and than he gained it back. So it seems for increasing max protection the number is added to both sides.

You could also see this in GW where R2 would actually give protection back to allies when starting a new node.

Hmmm, interesting. I will take your word for it. The past discussion around here on K2 has always been wrong then. That zeta is better than we all thought then (although still not great).
  • When player controlled Nihilus performs an anniliation, he is supposed to gain max health but his health bar doesn't move. My understanding was that his health was going from 1000/10000 to 2000/20000.
  • HK_V8R
    24 posts Member
    When player controlled Nihilus performs an anniliation, he is supposed to gain max health but his health bar doesn't move. My understanding was that his health was going from 1000/10000 to 2000/20000.

He probably has so much health the bar doesnt bother to change. theres a certain threshold where the bar doesnt split anymore. It defineitely makes a difference
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Hmmm, interesting. I will take your word for it. The past discussion around here on K2 has always been wrong then. That zeta is better than we all thought then (although still not great).

Here is a video showing EP gaining protection when landing shock.
    Video is qued up right to the part.
    https://youtu.be/87O60OzHn48?t=9m12s