Rancor squad farm direction

Hi all,
I'm starting to build a team for Rancor raid, can you please help me out with the farming priorities, as some characters I have unlocked, but they are all pretty much in early stages.

I was thinking to base my team on empire, as I have them most developed, but still no zeta on Vader.

Also I'm thinking if it's worth investing in FOE? Got now CSS1 for 50% TM reduction, he could be 2nd..? Maybe there are better options?

This is my collection https://swgoh.gg/u/rufjanski/collection/
Please help with team composition

Replies

• You do not particularly need zeta’s for a good rancor team. Personally gear level is slightly more important for me. I run a full rogue one squad, and if rng is good, I can deal almost 3 million damage.

If you get jyn, she will take rancor a looooonng way. Her omega on her special (Truncheon Strike) allows her to not only take turn meter away from the rancor, but she gives it to herself. She often gets to go right after again so she resets the cooldown on it. Put crit chance mods and some potency, with very high speed, she’s next to none.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    For me I made the decision to build a squad for the cls event rather than a rancour squad. CLS will pretty much solo it all on his own but add in some other tmr characters and it will be easy.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    There are basicaly 3 routes:

1. Zader (zeta on leader ability), Tarkin, TFP. Fill with your best TM removers (Jyn, Teebo, FOO, Tex, ewok scout etc.) or more empire. Several variants exist.
    2. Teebo lead, TFP + Phasma (or other with speed down and tenacity down, or Dengar for both). Fill with your best TM removers. Ewok elder works as well.
    3. CLS — either solo, or with a team around him. Many variations.

Currently it looks like zader is going to be your best bet until you get CLS.
  • Rufjanski
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    How hard is to zeta Vader? What's the quickest way to do it?

If I would go for Zader, Tarkin, TFP I could add Magmatrooper, cause he is empire, and Thrawn at some point?

While I would wait for zeta on DV, and Thrawn event, what would be best 5th to farm? Im close to get 5ves, for empire assists and speed down, he is a pilot too... close to getting FOo also.

Others that I got already at 5* are qgj, chewie and clone seargant. The last one has TMR 50% guaranteed pretty much from beginning on his special...

What mods? Health, Speed, Potency?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thrawn and magmatrooper would be great choices.

The speed down from 5s doesn't stack with speed down from Vader.

FOO is excellent. He would be my prefered 5th.

Mods? More speed on empire toons under a Zader lead means more irresistable TM reduction. If tenacity down is applied, potency won't really be needed — and it never is for Tarkin, who gains huge amounts from his basic. Without tenacity down Vader and FOO will need some high potency to land debuffs and remove TM with special attack. TFP needs high crit chance to land his tenacity down.
  • Thanks for the info man, much appreciated.

Preferred team composition at this point is Zader, Tarkin, tfp, Magmatrooper and FOO.

If Thrawn will come around, or jyn erso, they will replace Magmatrooper...
  • Just a side question, are you trying for heroic or normal? Because your vader and thrawn are 6 stars, so you cannot use them on HC.
  • I'm just about to make DV 7*, same tfp and Tarkin. Magmatrooper and FOO will be ready in a month, still waiting for Thrawn event to unlock him at 7*...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rufjanski wrote: »
    Thanks for the info man, much appreciated.

Preferred team composition at this point is Zader, Tarkin, tfp, Magmatrooper and FOO.

If Thrawn will come around, or jyn erso, they will replace Magmatrooper...

Looks like a solid plan. Good luck :—)