Which squad should I aim at.

Olddumper
3000 posts Member
edited March 2018

Which squad should I aim at. 21 votes

Rex lead, ShT, OB, Wampa, Talzin
38%
Dark_Helmet152TooLLiamtbqhDamba_BaNocturnal_Glowbhon18Hilmalalordofpain66 8 votes
DN lead, Wampa, Talzin, GK, Sion
61%
leefOlddumperJay_1997_CHammytheHamsterDarthGugelMinetaridgeSalatious_ScrumRevanComingSoonCunningLinguistIcebringer92X3inaNannosPeng 13 votes

Replies

• It depends on what toons you have. If you have GK, then absolutely go for the DN-lead team.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    juanbobo wrote: »
    It depends on what toons you have. If you have GK, then absolutely go for the DN-lead team.

I have all these toons / the ability to buy a 5* wampa right now. I would need about a month to pull together the zeta's though.
  • Why are you looking to run teams with so little synergy? And Rex has mostly left the meta, I'm not sure he's worth pursuing for arena anymore.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Why are you looking to run teams with so little synergy? And Rex has mostly left the meta, I'm not sure he's worth pursuing for arena anymore.
    That Rex lead squad is a top 5 comp right now imo. I think the DN one might be better. Nobody has tried it though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i use that rex team at the moment, i'm running gk/unmasked instead of old ben though. The basic EP squad + sion is giving me problems on offence. Too many toons @ 100% TM after rex' squad discipline.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Why would you want a DN lead with only one Sith in the team?
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    Why would you want a DN lead with only one Sith in the team?

I think people approached DN lead completely incorrectly. It's great for a couple toons but for a whole squad of Sith they all start to share the same weaknesses. Basically in this squad you are using his lead to give DN a soft-taunt because if you ignore him he becomes a terror. Meanwhile GK and Sion both have real taunts and Sion has his own countdown to beast mode. Plus you need to make sure to lock down wampa and MT before they unload on you.

It looks like on paper that would be above par with the rest of arena. Obviously most squad with such a list of p2p toons should be.
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Rex lead, ShT, OB, Wampa, Talzin
    The DN lead team lacks TM gains to compete in the arena today. Full disclosure, my lead on DN and myTalzin unique are not zetaed,
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    The DN lead team lacks TM gains to compete in the arena today. Full disclosure, my lead on DN and myTalzin unique are not zetaed,

I'm not sure those zeta would help that much but I do think you would need g12 wampa and a sturdy Talzin.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Well I am no good at thinking outside the box and I admit I haven’t looked at it that way. Still it seems like a bit of a waste of a leader ability when only 2 out of 3 squad members gets any benefits from it. I would still go with the Rex team of those options myself:)
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    Well I am no good at thinking outside the box and I admit I haven’t looked at it that way. Still it seems like a bit of a waste of a leader ability when only 2 out of 3 squad members gets any benefits from it. I would still go with the Rex team of those options myself:)

Would you like me to tell you a story about Zaul DN Chaze GK? What about the Titans where the lead helps 3 of the 5.

Just to be clear. I have no data at all to back this squad up but GK and Wampa frequently get tossed into squads just because they can stand alone.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Let's spark some imagination
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYxUrJKt4g
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure that i'l avoid this squad in arena
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

Ha! That is awesome. Cleanses from GK, Rex, or Thrawn kinda throw a wrench into this but that's still awesome. I'll be watching to see how your casserole experiments go :D
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »

Ha! That is awesome. Cleanses from GK, Rex, or Thrawn kinda throw a wrench into this but that's still awesome. I'll be watching to see how your casserole experiments go :D

That's why we add plauge to the squad.
  • DN lead, Wampa, Talzin, GK, Sion
    I picked the second one because talzin really doesn't add anything to the first squad.
    Hit the gym.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    None they will just get nerfed anyways
  • Rex lead, ShT, OB, Wampa, Talzin
    Have you fought an EP lead team? My Sion got fractured and my DN got annihilated by their DN who was faster due to EP lead.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Have you fought an EP lead team? My Sion got fractured and my DN got annihilated by their DN who was faster due to EP lead.

Shouldn't your wampa be able to daze them to normal speed if sion is fractured?
  • Rex lead, ShT, OB, Wampa, Talzin

Yeah, he got stunned a few time though. His annihilate went off before mine even though my DN has higher base speed. It may be viable, my Sion didn't take a beating as well as yours did. Maybe if some RNG had gone differently, I only tried it once, but I got controlled.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

Yeah, he got stunned a few time though. His annihilate went off before mine even though my DN has higher base speed. It may be viable, my Sion didn't take a beating as well as yours did. Maybe if some RNG had gone differently, I only tried it once, but I got controlled.

Looking at your mods this wouldn't be the best squad for you. You will want to have some pretty high base speed so some of your toons start to slip through their control debuffs and start to unravel things for them. I'm also not going to try this squad without a g12 wampa. Just to be clear I haven't run this squad yet because the way I see it unless every piece is perfect it would not work. This looks like one of those squads where if you can pull it off it really shines. Just like Tarkin Lead Thrawn DT Ep and ShT, or Zaul DN Chaze GK this squad requires a little extra juice to get it into take off.