Galactic Wars... Really?

Replies

• Options
    I hate to tell you it could be worse, but read my initial post. My level 3 node last night was Poe/poggle/Sid/86/88, all 70 7*. I will trade for your Boba/Bariss/phasma(not leader). But I Got past it, then didn't even need a retreat until node 10. It is all random and sometimes it really bites. It's not a cash grab, most of my characters are Arena/Cantina/GW shipments, and I have never bought a chromium pack, just in case you were going to insinuate I bought my win.
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    The real problem everyone has is how the selections are tied to arena. The devs did this intentionally, so you don't focus all your energy into a single team.

If you have the number 1 rank in Arena, then you should have the hardest gw.

Once they made the change 2 weeks ago, I stopped pushing for a top rank. I was consistently in the top 50 and seeing teams like above throughout my gw when I wasn't even level 60.
    So I put a weaker team into the arena, now I'm locked in pretty solid around 125. I still get some nice arena awards, but I also finish my gw daily. It doesn't take me hours either.

Long story short. Think about the cost/reward of being a top player in arena vs. cost/reward of finishing gw with ease each day. Find the balance.
    The real problem everyone has is how the selections are tied to arena. The devs did this intentionally, so you don't focus all your energy into a single team.

Once they made the change 2 weeks ago, I stopped pushing for a top rank. I was consistently in the top 50 and seeing teams like above throughout my gw when I wasn't even level 60.
    So I put a weaker team into the arena, now I'm locked in pretty solid around 125. I still get some nice arena awards, but I also finish my gw daily. It doesn't take me hours either.

Long story short. Think about the cost/reward of being a top player in arena vs. cost/reward of finishing gw with ease each day. Find the balance.

This is a misconception spread as rumor throughout the boards with a supposedly unofficial reddit 'confirmation.' Unfortunately, as I have tested this by purposefully slipping arena rank to adjust the difficulty of GW, it doens't function that way. The explanation of how GW match making is determined is essentially non-existent. That's why half the forums posts are about GW.

I think a lot could be clarified by a release from the developers explaining, in detail, how this match making is officially or determined or even them just coming flat out and saying, in a big bulletin post, that the system is currently bugged and they're working feverishly to fix it.

There 901 explanations for GW Difficulty on these boards and while 1 or 2 may be on the mark, none of us can discern which actually causes these discrepancies. I started a new account, didn't even play in Arena, had a lvl 35 Squad and 3 battles in hit lvl 55 max teams... there's no pattern I can discern.

• Options
    I have zero issues with my galactic wars. I am at lv 70 and am usually ranked in the top 20. I haven't had a single one of my characters die in GW in a little over a week. If your having issues just get a better team.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »

This is a misconception spread as rumor throughout the boards with a supposedly unofficial reddit 'confirmation.' Unfortunately, as I have tested this by purposefully slipping arena rank to adjust the difficulty of GW, it doens't function that way. The explanation of how GW match making is determined is essentially non-existent. That's why half the forums posts are about GW.

I think a lot could be clarified by a release from the developers explaining, in detail, how this match making is officially or determined or even them just coming flat out and saying, in a big bulletin post, that the system is currently bugged and they're working feverishly to fix it.

There 901 explanations for GW Difficulty on these boards and while 1 or 2 may be on the mark, none of us can discern which actually causes these discrepancies. I started a new account, didn't even play in Arena, had a lvl 35 Squad and 3 battles in hit lvl 55 max teams... there's no pattern I can discern.

I agree with @DarthCyren here. That position means nothing. I've held the #1 position along with a friend for a bit now. In fact, before this week my GW was too easy. I was mopping it with a single team. I think it's a great idea to make it more challenging by increasing the difficulty but clearly the way it's configured now isn't the way to do it. I'm hopeful that our squeaky posts are being heard and that they are working on it, but hopefully they announce it and not do a stealth update accordingly. It would quell much of what's going on that way. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

Stop being so smart and rational. This is the internetz for heaven's sake!
  • Options
    [

I agree clarification would be helpful. But I have noticed a correlation between when I let myself drop in rank and a drop in seeing teams that far outclass me in gw.

Of course, I continue to play the game, and because I'm getting good rewards and not focusing on the arena, my full squad of characters grows more evenly. This may be responsible for making it appear easier to me.
    What I really think is going on is because I'm not fighting my way through the arena, I'm getting better, but the gw is staying the same.

The dev did post here in the forums that the gw match ups are linked to your teams total power on your highest ever victory in arena.

I was skeptical that dropping back would do anything because of that 'highest ever' bit.
    But like I said. I feel like my team has improved, but my gw opponents stay the same strength.
    In any case, I went from not being able to beat it to beating it daily. Something happened.
  • Options
    Chemist14 wrote: »
    I have zero issues with my galactic wars. I am at lv 70 and am usually ranked in the top 20. I haven't had a single one of my characters die in GW in a little over a week. If your having issues just get a better team.

And pray tell, how much money have you spent on the game? Were you in top 100 within first few days of playing? The powers on your leaderboard, are they totally maxed chars?

These come into play - most aren't so fortunate.
  • LlwllynZ
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You know its gona be a rough ride, when...

a2ngmk5.jpg
  • Options
    I have 3 maxed out 7* star toons at lvl 70 with 4 6* toons and a handful of various others 5* and less. I finish GW literally everyday since the update. So it's def possible without a maxed out roster. It must be ur strategy not the game if other ppl can do it regularly. It's always easier to say the game is broken not my approach.
  • Options
    LlwllynZ wrote: »

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/a2ngmk5.jpg)

@LlwllynZ there you are my friend! That was my start today! :smile:

- HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    I have yet to comment on galactic war but today I faced lvl 70 7*s on every node except the first battle. I like a challenge but this is **** ridiculous.
  • Options
    Mate honestly that's not even a problem you have 7* Char....I Completed gw 3 times in a row and lost only 1 Char and faced probably 6+ teams level 70 7* if you have a good squad you can easily reset and Rotate until the fight goes your way. Id understand ur problem if you was level 60.
  • Options
    Kevon wrote: »
    I have 3 maxed out 7* star toons at lvl 70 with 4 6* toons and a handful of various others 5* and less. I finish GW literally everyday since the update. So it's def possible without a maxed out roster. It must be ur strategy not the game if other ppl can do it regularly. It's always easier to say the game is broken not my approach.

I have a similar setup, perhaps even better. I have a tactical weakness in a subpar JC however, even that conidered, this topic is on continuously difficult matchups from Node1-3, which in the past were reserved for final battles. I have thoroughly read every strategy abotu GW I find - I implement all the tools, as do others, at the end of the day though, your matches in GW will determine your result, not your strategy.
  • Options

And pray tell, how much money have you spent on the game? Were you in top 100 within first few days of playing? The powers on your leaderboard, are they totally maxed chars?

I have spent a total of $10.99 on this game for the 21 days of 100 gems. I currently have 27,372 power and my main squad is 7* Sideous, IG-86, Luminara 6* Old Daka and Geonosian
    I do however use a couple others from time to time in GW 6* Phasma and 5* Jedi Consular

I personally agree that GW are very hard at lower levels. I have a second account at lv 48 and essentially don't touch GW with it. However when you are a lv 70 with multiple 7* characters you should be expected to have a serious sense for the game and develop both a team that is effective in Squad Arena as well as Galactic war.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    It is easy!!! I finish EVERY DAY!!! takes bout 5-10 mins

Opponents I face are levels below me... You have to make sure your last squad is low power... Then your next GW you will have lower opponents.

Using a lower power squad to start or resetting GWs doesn't work. I know cause that's all I've been left with and doing all week long.
    Well maybe it's just some "Jedi mind trick" and I have been hallucinating winning GW everyday since the February Update

Well then I was also fooled. I have felt this way for weeks. If i finish with my best heroes, the next war start is a fail. Then I just play as far as I can (maybe node 3) and my heroes start dying off. So I Restart the next day with an active squad of lower heroes (since they died in the first 3 fights). That next war is WAY easier for me.

It is mathematically possible that both USAmzing and I just happen to have this experience for the last few weeks. But, until I see a different trend personally, I'm gonna keep practicing this "tactic".
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • DarthCyren
    409 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I have spent a total of $10.99 on this game for the 21 days of 100 gems. I currently have 27,372 power and my main squad is 7* Sideous, IG-86, Luminara 6* Old Daka and Geonosian
    I do however use a couple others from time to time in GW 6* Phasma and 5* Jedi Consular

I personally agree that GW are very hard at lower levels. I have a second account at lv 48 and essentially don't touch GW with it. However when you are a lv 70 with multiple 7* characters you should be expected to have a serious sense for the game and develop both a team that is effective in Squad Arena as well as Galactic war.

What I suspect then, with that squad, is you're in a very uncompetitive server chain - that squad would get crushed when facing off against most opponents. I think, giving it a little more time, you're going to begin to mightily struggle.

I want to say I have all those characters and exclusives such as Leia, QGJ, Cad Bane, etc. as fodder and can't push passed the 3rd node.
  • Options

a2ngmk5.jpg

It isn't just about stars and levels. That is an easy node. That team has no synergy, only 1 hitter and no Sid. And Chewy as a leader...

Seriously I consider it a good start to the night if I get that as my first node. Normally 70 7* all the way.

• Options
    I like people's responses here but I think some are missing the point. It's about the experience of people(the majority, perhaps not on the forum, but as a whole), whom have a sturdy cast of lvl 70's, maybe a few 7 stars, 5 or 6 g stars, a slew of 5 stars... the rank 200-500 in most older server chains... they run into a squad like that at first and yea, they push through it pretty easily... but then it nosedives and progresses into matches where sacrifices are burned quickly and those maxed out gear, 7 star enemies only need to knock off 1 or two of the 'main cast' or even 'secondary cast' to cripple your entire cast of toons.
  • Options
    I don't know about other level 70's, but don't you guys have enough characters to beat GW with some thinking and possibly retreating strategically?

I never lose GW, regardless of my opponent teams.
  • Options
    Dashboard wrote: »
    I don't know about other level 70's, but don't you guys have enough characters to beat GW with some thinking and possibly retreating strategically?

It's dependent upon how many and what type of characters you have and your 'base fund' of how you skilled those characters. From my experience and observation, without a lot of luck or money, most lvl 70 players don't have the neccessary cast of obtainable characters to defeat GW
  • HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

a2ngmk5.jpg

It isn't just about stars and levels. That is an easy node. That team has no synergy, only 1 hitter and no Sid. And Chewy as a leader...

Seriously I consider it a good start to the night if I get that as my first node. Normally 70 7* all the way.

@JediLeriche your analysis is correct but it's the long game to think about. Even those teams can weaken A squads, especially if they focus down on a single character. @LlwllynZ is so right when he says it's gonna be a rough ride. :smile:
    I like people's responses here but I think some are missing the point. It's about the experience of people(the majority, perhaps not on the forum, but as a whole), whom have a sturdy cast of lvl 70's, maybe a few 7 stars, 5 or 6 g stars, a slew of 5 stars... the rank 200-500 in most older server chains... they run into a squad like that at first and yea, they push through it pretty easily... but then it nosedives and progresses into matches where sacrifices are burned quickly and those maxed out gear, 7 star enemies only need to knock off 1 or two of the 'main cast' or even 'secondary cast' to cripple your entire cast of toons.

I couldn't agree with this more @DarthCyren I have a pretty powerful lineup of 7* toons all around (not all my toons are 7* lol, just key ones to complete stuff), mine need more training and ability ups but solid for sure. Regardless, it's still overly difficult to complete GW even with more than one powerful squad.

@Dashboard I don't think the concern is having enough characters. I have all of mine activated. I think it's more a matter of reward, enjoyment, and accomplishment. That order may vary depending on the player but personally I don't like the idea of having to retreat constantly to beat this challenge. It deters from the enjoyment of the game because it's wasted time considering the mercy (or lack thereof) of the RNG and I'd rather be spending that time enjoying other aspects of the game. I've never had to use a retreat or suicide strategy until this week.

Reading the long post from the developers about the Retreat behavior I would think that they wouldn't want it to be used in a pure strategy. My experience with GW has always been match up the proper team to counter the presented challenge, win and take on the next one. I understand that's harder for most people because they don't spend lots of money on these apps, thus why I am concerned about it and started this thread. Retreating and sacrificing don't feel like real strategy to me. Technically they definitely are, and thank god we can because of the current state of GW but, in the end wouldn't you agree that a better matching system or at least a better reward system for the difficulty of the fight would be better? (sorry if I digressed a bit here)
    - HumbleSage
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

It is mathematically possible that both USAmzing and I just happen to have this experience for the last few weeks. But, until I see a different trend personally, I'm gonna keep practicing this "tactic".
    Well I'm not sure how it works either, but I'm gonna keep doing it cause it seems to work for me too.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HumbleSage wrote: »
    @Dashboard I don't think the concern is having enough characters. I have all of mine activated. I think it's more a matter of reward, enjoyment, and accomplishment. That order may vary depending on the player but personally I don't like the idea of haivng to retreat constantly to beat this challenge. It deters from the enjoyment of the game because it's wasted time considering the mercy (or lack thereof) of the RNG and I'd rather be spending that time enjoying other aspects of the game. I've never had to use a retreat or suicide strategy until this week.

Reading the long post from the developers about the Retreat behavior I would think that they wouldn't want it to be used in a pure strategy. My experience with GW has always been match up the proper team to counter the presented challenge, win and take on the next one. I understand that's harder for most people because they don't spend lots of money on these apps, thus why I am concerned about it and started this thread. Retreating and sacrificing don't feel like real strategy to me. Technically they definitely are, and thank god we can because of the current state of GW but, in the end wouldn't you agree that a better matching system or at least a better reward system for the difficulty of the fight would be better? (sorry if I digressed a bit here)

You make good points, I agree with them, actually. No, don't worry, we all digress at times. Thing is, whether EA/CG's intentions for the retreat changes were to counteract methods that are considered inappropriate means of eluding a problem, we don't know. What we know is that we have a retreat strategy at our disposal, intentional or not, we should use it if things get tight. We go back to the drawing board, rethink our composition and try at it again - I like this mean of going about GW. Say that this was not intended, and to someone's eyes is considered tedious and dull, then by all means, one has the right to form and hold to an opinion. Yet, as it stands now, only times where you get matched up with unfair opponents with huge level differences are times where one can complain (after having tried various other comps). If a mission is impossible to beat, even after a multitude of attempts, it becomes a technical problem.

It would also become a problem if they removed the retreat function, then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you, they would need to make the opponents you face, on average, easier to beat. This is a debatable subject, on one hand I agree that the retreat function should not be a way to repeat till you win, on the other; we have that privilege, use it or lose it.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    HumbleSage wrote: »
    @Dashboard I don't think the concern is having enough characters. I have all of mine activated. I think it's more a matter of reward, enjoyment, and accomplishment. That order may vary depending on the player but personally I don't like the idea of haivng to retreat constantly to beat this challenge. It deters from the enjoyment of the game because it's wasted time considering the mercy (or lack thereof) of the RNG and I'd rather be spending that time enjoying other aspects of the game. I've never had to use a retreat or suicide strategy until this week.

You make good points, I agree with them, actually. No, don't worry, we all digress at times. Thing is, whether EA/CG's intentions for the retreat changes were to counteract methods that are considered inappropriate means of eluding a problem, we don't know. What we know is that we have a retreat strategy at our disposal, intentional or not, we should use it if things get tight. We go back to the drawing board, rethink our composition and try at it again - I like this mean of going about GW. Say that this was not intended, and to someone's eyes is considered tedious and dull, then by all means, one has the right to form and hold to an opinion. Yet, as it stands now, only times where you get matched up with unfair opponents with huge level differences are times where one can complain (after having tried various other comps). If a mission is impossible to beat, even after a multitude of attempts, it becomes a technical problem.

It would also become a problem if they removed the retreat function, then yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you, they would need to make the opponents you face, on average, easier to beat. This is a debatable subject, on one hand I agree that the retreat function should not be a way to repeat till you win, on the other; we have that privilege, use it or lose it.

Thanks for the reply!

Yea. Good points. Just to be clear, I don't think they should ever get rid of that retreat function. In fact, I love it for the sole purpose of testing formations and teams against one another. So if you're reading my thread here EA/CG DON'T REMOVE THAT OPTION EVER. :smile: It really gives ALL players a chance to experiment with their parties.
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    Dude I'm getting 70 half way through and I'm lvl 59
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Opponents I face are levels below me... You have to make sure your last squad is low power... Then your next GW you will have lower opponents.
    You know, when people start to overexaggeration, their claims look less appealing.

12 battles in 5 minutes means 25 seconds per battle, or give seconds per character. Not counting the time to tap the battle,start it, connect to the server, and get the reward.

So I say your claim is ****.

Also, if your last squad is low power you are going to lose 300 possitions in Arena
  • Options
    Robtorn wrote: »
    Dude I'm getting 70 half way through and I'm lvl 59

That pretty much encapsulates what's wrong with GW.
  • Options
    I thought my GW was going well today until I just faced an all 70 7* team with Sid, Rey, Luminara, JC, and Barriss. My three highest health characters all got one shotted by Rey, Sid, and Luminara.
  • Options
    If GWs were easy, there wouldn't be a game here...
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

You know, when people start to overexaggeration, their claims look less appealing.

12 battles in 5 minutes means 25 seconds per battle, or give seconds per character. Not counting the time to tap the battle,start it, connect to the server, and get the reward.

So I say your claim is ****.

Also, if your last squad is low power you are going to lose 300 possitions in Arena

Ok it takes me realistically about 10-15mins to finish GW maybe 20mins (I will time myself tonight)

and I don't think Arena Squad has anything to do with it, I'm talking about low power on your ending GW squad.
    For my last team in GW I run my max gear 4* Rey(most powerful from my arena squad) and the my lower power Dooku 3* blue gear and a lv 1 no gear Ewok (who usually dies first but draws a attack away from Rey) and a 4* Poe and some other random toon that can stun or something low power....Rey is usually only one left alive, but it's last mission and the team is 3-8 levels lower than me so it's a win.

I don't how it works or if it really does but that's what I'm doing and gonna keep doing for now
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi