Galactic Wars... Really?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I haven't been able to complete GW for a week now... I keep starting out with 62* 8gear and then my 3rd node is 70's using all the characters that can one shot me... I'm at 67 right now I can get past 1 maybe 2 70's with the retreat but not when the rest of GW is 70
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    and I don't think Arena Squad has anything to do with it, I'm talking about low power on your ending GW squad.
    That's a different and interesting theory. Tell us if it keeps working, who knows, it might help us find how it works
  • HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just want everyone to know that even though My GW started out ridiculous, I was able to FINISH. It wasn't without suicides (4 or 5 teams I think) and quite a few retreats though. I can also add that anyone without my type of roster is most likely not going to finish a start like that. It's rough, no matter how much money you spend or tactics you may have up your sleeve. :smile:

Oh yea.. I totally suicided GG (General Grievous) to an opposing droid party! :smiley:

@USAmazing and @ShaolinPunk unfortunately I wasn't able to finish with a weaker party though so I may have doomed myself to LVL 70's with 7* all around tomorrow.. Boooooooo!
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    It is easy!!! I finish EVERY DAY!!! takes bout 5-10 mins

Opponents I face are levels below me... You have to make sure your last squad is low power... Then your next GW you will have lower opponents.

Last squad for which game mode?
  • Options
    Wjprberg wrote: »
    I only have 1 7* and all but maybe 2 or 3 of my battles are like that and I finish every day, you need to stop complaining and deal with it. 50% of the posts on this forum are about how hard gw is.

It does not matter how reasonable you think gw is, when 50% of the posts are complaining about the same thing there is a major problem. If half the audience does not like the entertainment it will stop making money if it is not fixed.
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I hate myself for spending $50 a couple weeks ago on crystals. I'm not spending another dime until they address the issue. You must join me and together we will destroy the Sith!
  • HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Robert wrote: »
    I hate myself for spending $50 a couple weeks ago on crystals. I'm not spending another dime until they address the issue. You must join me and together we will destroy the Sith!

I beat my Galactic Wars today. It was a bit better. The silver and gold tiers were balanced with the 70s waiting at each purple. Today was a good day, that doesn't mean they have fixed it entirely because my experience is one of someone who has spent some considerable coin on it. The line-up I had today would still crush a F2P player at lvl 70 with only a few 7* toons.
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    Several attempts ago it was overwhelmingly difficult, I faced 9 out of 12 battles against maxed opponents and managed to finish with 1 left on a "first hit wins" final battle.

Since then it has leveled off somewhat, and I think their intent is as follows...they want you to die. They want you to lose characters along the way, and my last few playthroughs I've run into some annoyances but it has balanced itself seemingly based on my whole roster.

My latest run in battle 8 I had to use a suicide squad and my C team(who managed to take one of their maxed toons out, but couldn't use my B squad cause they were wiped out the prior battle lol.).

Then I put in my A squad(who was at about 75% health) and took them down...although I did lose an A squad member. In the final battle I had 3/5 of my A squad left and 6 other decent but sub 60 lv and sub lv 7 gear...in all I had 9 left. I went with my wounded but hard hitting dark side first against a squad of 65-70 maxed out. I took a few retreats to determine the best course of action and made my plan of attack. I lost all 5 but I took down 3 along the way(THANKS FOR UPGRADING SAVAGE OPRESS!!!!). In the end I had 4 Jedi against a maxed Sidious and Lumi(who was taken down a bit by SO previously).

In the end I pulled it off and felt it was challenging yet rewarding, probably one of the better experiences of balanced play in GW, so props...but I seriously have one gripe...can I please get a few matches against teams without a Darth Sidious? EVERY TEAM I PLAY AGAINST HAS HIM! I wish that was an exaggeration, but sadly it isn't...

There is no variation of strategies if you face a Sidious every battle, the strategy is to just take him out first and don't use Jedi's for the battle...if every battle I have to face Sidious, I have to use 3 of 5 A squad members regardless of his level and gear(which most I face are maxed out anyway).

In all I have 35 toons and I'm completely F2P...
    3-7*
    5-5*
    8-4*
    7-3*
    And the rest are cannon fodder(though most of the 3*'s are too).

So, I really have about 15 that I depend on to get through, though if I lose Luminara before round 11, I retreat. If I lose an A squad in the first 6, I retreat. If I have a key member get below 50% and can't heal, I restart. In all I probably retreated a dozen times this last playthrough. One battle took the majority though, 6 retreats to figure out how to keep Luminara alive and only lose one member lol.
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    The real problem everyone has is how the selections are tied to arena. The devs did this intentionally, so you don't focus all your energy into a single team.

If you have the number 1 rank in Arena, then you should have the hardest gw.

Once they made the change 2 weeks ago, I stopped pushing for a top rank. I was consistently in the top 50 and seeing teams like above throughout my gw when I wasn't even level 60.
    So I put a weaker team into the arena, now I'm locked in pretty solid around 125. I still get some nice arena awards, but I also finish my gw daily. It doesn't take me hours either.

Long story short. Think about the cost/reward of being a top player in arena vs. cost/reward of finishing gw with ease each day. Find the balance.

I dont think its tied to arena .

In fact I was in top 500 arena and was facing purple character 16 levels above me. Yesterday made it inside top 200 and was in fact able to finish GW for first time in a while. Only had to fight 10 levels above me ;) and a few lambs were sacrificed ofc

At level 70 I wont fear any team tbh. I will be playing on a more balanced field. That said I think you should face this type of team at the end of GW not in the initial stages.
  • Options
    Several attempts ago it was overwhelmingly difficult, I faced 9 out of 12 battles against maxed opponents and managed to finish with 1 left on a "first hit wins" final battle.

Since then it has leveled off somewhat, and I think their intent is as follows...they want you to die. They want you to lose characters along the way, and my last few playthroughs I've run into some annoyances but it has balanced itself seemingly based on my whole roster.

My latest run in battle 8 I had to use a suicide squad and my C team(who managed to take one of their maxed toons out, but couldn't use my B squad cause they were wiped out the prior battle lol.).

Then I put in my A squad(who was at about 75% health) and took them down...although I did lose an A squad member. In the final battle I had 3/5 of my A squad left and 6 other decent but sub 60 lv and sub lv 7 gear...in all I had 9 left. I went with my wounded but hard hitting dark side first against a squad of 65-70 maxed out. I took a few retreats to determine the best course of action and made my plan of attack. I lost all 5 but I took down 3 along the way(THANKS FOR UPGRADING SAVAGE OPRESS!!!!). In the end I had 4 Jedi against a maxed Sidious and Lumi(who was taken down a bit by SO previously).

In the end I pulled it off and felt it was challenging yet rewarding, probably one of the better experiences of balanced play in GW, so props...but I seriously have one gripe...can I please get a few matches against teams without a Darth Sidious? EVERY TEAM I PLAY AGAINST HAS HIM! I wish that was an exaggeration, but sadly it isn't...

There is no variation of strategies if you face a Sidious every battle, the strategy is to just take him out first and don't use Jedi's for the battle...if every battle I have to face Sidious, I have to use 3 of 5 A squad members regardless of his level and gear(which most I face are maxed out anyway).

In all I have 35 toons and I'm completely F2P...
    3-7*
    5-5*
    8-4*
    7-3*
    And the rest are cannon fodder(though most of the 3*'s are too).

So, I really have about 15 that I depend on to get through, though if I lose Luminara before round 11, I retreat. If I lose an A squad in the first 6, I retreat. If I have a key member get below 50% and can't heal, I restart. In all I probably retreated a dozen times this last playthrough. One battle took the majority though, 6 retreats to figure out how to keep Luminara alive and only lose one member lol.

How long did you spend time wise? Glad it's turning around for you. I won my GW today as well. It's getting a little better, at least for my level. I only had to sacrifice 2 times instead of 5. Rarely a retreat. I was done in about 30min which to me is perfect considering all the other things to do. Today's play was enjoyable for sure. My battles worked more like I think it should work, build up to the difficulty not immediate difficulty and what's better it worked that way each tier, a definite plus. So I'd say they are working on it. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    Chemist14 wrote: »
    I have zero issues with my galactic wars. I am at lv 70 and am usually ranked in the top 20. I haven't had a single one of my characters die in GW in a little over a week. If your having issues just get a better team.

I am level 70 with a bunch of 7* too and I can tell you with absolute certainty that the GW you are facing is not what others are facing. Hmmm how would I know. Because I am playing multiple accts and the difficulty variance, is huge between accounts as it should be with what you are experiencing compared to others. Furthermore to toss out a general statement that people should just improve their squads as a way of discounting their experiences just makes you ignorant.
  • Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    If GWs were easy, there wouldn't be a game here...

I am dumber for reading this statement. You are even dumber for throwing it out there.
  • Options
    Today I've been playing over an hour but just gave up on node 10. Too much Sidious today...overwhelming my team limited my healers before they dropped my A team too far...one team was just ridiculous...and lower starred/levelled than I was but killed 5 B squad and 2 A squad in addition to a suicide squad. This was after I faced three ridiculous teams where I gradually lost one too many to over come. 3 battles left I just have 8 characters left and no hope..

I'm quitting today...
  • Options
    Today I've been playing over an hour but just gave up on node 10. Too much Sidious today...overwhelming my team limited my healers before they dropped my A team too far...one team was just ridiculous...and lower starred/levelled than I was but killed 5 B squad and 2 A squad in addition to a suicide squad. This was after I faced three ridiculous teams where I gradually lost one too many to over come. 3 battles left I just have 8 characters left and no hope..

I'm quitting today...

Bleh.. that's a c'r'a'p sandwich. :neutral:
    - HumbleSage
  • Options
    These Posts are all so funny to me, I beat galaxy wars in minutes, I Never have an opponent with a toon higher than level 23.