Palpatine zeta needs some fixing

B0untryHR7
663 posts Member
edited March 2018
This is not the only time it happens but it's very easy to distinguish, I'm talking about the turn meter gains when a Palpatine faces another Palpatine team.

The constant turn meter gains from both sides leave many toons at 100% turn meter. As a result very often when a character is supposed to take a turn they don't.

When Vader for example takes his turn after having a bunch of dots on him, when those dots expire his enemies go to 100% turn meter. When he uses his force crush and gains 100% he is supposed to go right after but he doesn't.

The 100% turn meter on multiple characters leaves alot to chance and rng. It removes the element of skill and replaces it with pure luck. And this zeta is so snowbally that one turn that didn't happen would end the fight. When you have nihilus for example reducing Vader' s culling blade cool down, Thrawn fracturing or Palpatine stunning, when you were supposed to take a turn and finish one of them instead.

We have had rng between Hans before but that was not a big deal compared to this.

Something needs to be done to fix this.

Replies

• Back again, are we?
    *grabs a bag of popcorn*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What do you think is the best solution?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Next episode:
    Thrawn's unique gives too much bonus TM to Vader and EP.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    What do you think is the best solution?

One solution is to have "active" and "passive" turn meter gains. Active is when you use an ability that causes your character or another character to gain 100% tm. Passive is through leadership and unique abilities that add turn meter.

Passive tunrmeter would cap out at 99% meaning that if a character gains turn meter during their turn(active) or granted turn meter by another character ability(also active), they will have 100% and everyone who gains it passively through a unique or leadership will have 99%. So that character can go right away.

From then on, once you have a bunch of characters at 99% tunrmeter the one with the highest speed goes to 100% and take their turn before all others
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    This could develope into a problem but hasn't yet. Let's say a new toon drops with an AOE that lands 20 debuffs and reduces cooldowns on your team by 1.

Under Ep this hypothetical toon Dv Tarkin and Zid could lay 75 debuffs in 1 round which will eventually grant 375 percent TM to each toon.

Let's say these two squads mirror match. Each toon would have a potential 75 percent TM worth of debuffs expiring by their 1st turn. This means each squad would almost always be at 100 percent TM across the entire squad. This means the match would be entirely decided by the coin flip of which 100 percent TM goes next. IMO they need to set it such that toons that reach 100 percent TM 1st move next. If they reach 100 percent TM at the same time then RNG can kick in. But better yet if squad A wins the coin flip and say 6 (3 from each squad) toons all hit 100 percent TM at the same time then squad be should automatically get the 2nd turn and alternate through the remaining 4 toons.

Better yet let's imagine a toon that grants 1000 percent TM to every toon on the battle field whenever any toon reaches 100 percent TM. Obviously with the current mechanics this battles would devolve to completely random toons taking turns. Under my proposed system the 1st coin flip would set an established order that would allow the battle to progress normally.

This should probably be implemented before we get even better TM gain mechanics.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    This could develope into a problem but hasn't yet. Let's say a new toon drops with an AOE that lands 20 debuffs and reduces cooldowns on your team by 1.

Under Ep this hypothetical toon Dv Tarkin and Zid could lay 75 debuffs in 1 round which will eventually grant 375 percent TM to each toon.

Let's say these two squads mirror match. Each toon would have a potential 75 percent TM worth of debuffs expiring by their 1st turn. This means each squad would almost always be at 100 percent TM across the entire squad. This means the match would be entirely decided by the coin flip of which 100 percent TM goes next. IMO they need to set it such that toons that reach 100 percent TM 1st move next. If they reach 100 percent TM at the same time then RNG can kick in. But better yet if squad A wins the coin flip and say 6 (3 from each squad) toons all hit 100 percent TM at the same time then squad be should automatically get the 2nd turn and alternate through the remaining 4 toons.

Better yet let's imagine a toon that grants 1000 percent TM to every toon on the battle field whenever any toon reaches 100 percent TM. Obviously with the current mechanics this battles would devolve to completely random toons taking turns. Under my proposed system the 1st coin flip would set an established order that would allow the battle to progress normally.

This should probably be implemented before we get even better TM gain mechanics.

I'm pretty sure you just described the current situation, my point is get rid of the eng period and let them go based on who has the most speed, ties in speed will have to be decided by rng but ties only
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

[...]

I'm pretty sure you just described the current situation, my point is get rid of the eng period and let them go based on who has the most speed, ties in speed will have to be decided by rng but ties only

So, you will have full control over turn order when f.ex. Rex, JE, ST Han or BB8 use their specials to grant TM to your whole team bringing the 4 others to full TM at the same time? That would be a huge buff to those teams.

• I can agree with the "active" and "passive" you stated. When Vader uses crush and gets the 100% TM gain, under no circumstances should any other toon go before him.

But as for the rest, if multiple Toons hit 100% TM "out of turn", it almost has to be rng decided.