Guild recruiting best practices??

Seilore
105 posts Member
Hello all, what is the best way to recruit new members? The in game method is hard and no guarantees. Suggestions please, thank you.

Replies

• You do realise there is a guild recruitment page in the forum right?
  • perseverance
  • Seilore
    105 posts Member
    Thanks guys
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Forum tools have been pretty successful so far. I'd suggest maintaining a guild advertisement post in the relevant guild thread(s) in the guild recruitment forum (I say post because posting more than once is considered spam; ignore the repeating advertisements for other guilds, copying them gets you a warning), and a thread for your guild that you and your guildmates keep bumped. You'll also want to hit up the Players LFG thread semi-regularly... (My guild just filled up all in one burst--we'd been struggling to get over 40 for a about a month--because of a successful recruitment from that thread; the entire active half of their guild followed them in. Wew).

It can be pretty slow going, so perserverance is key. Good luck!

Edit: A little mystified on why this was moved to Feedback Home, OP was asking for advice; not suggesting changes and/or new tools. If it was going to be moved, I would have expected the Guild forum.
  • You have a better chance of traveling thru hyperspace without a navicomputer! Guild recruiting is like dusting crops without a droid to speak Bocce!
  • Seilore wrote: »
    Hello all, what is the best way to recruit new members? The in game method is hard and no guarantees. Suggestions please, thank you.

After being in a couple of less than stellar guilds I had the bright idea of starting my own. That was 18 months ago. 2 alternate accounts and 15,000 gear donations later, we are at 60M GP. Stay the course is all I can say, I have made some great friends along the way, and it is very gratifying to see your guild progress. It will not happen overnight though. By the way, I estimate in the 18 months we have been active, we have had around 10 people leave for each that stayed.
  • Well, that certianly is cheerful news. This is my second month recruiting for a new guild and so far no luck with members flocking to join. Maybe it will pick up... eventually. In the meantime, I am losing lots of valuable opportunities to earn rewards in Raids and Territory Wars. And of course it’s incredibly boring without the chitty chat chat.
  • In my opinion, you are making things difficult on yourself. There are already tons of partially full guilds out there looking for the same few recruits. Why not just join one that fits your play style and be done with it?
  • Good point! I’ve been in a few guilds, most have silly names, the chat room is filled with trash talk, and the raid times are inconvenient or guided by rules that no one follows. That is why I ventured out and started a new guild... only to find a lack of people to join or difficulty in finding them. So, stay on target!