Territory War Guild GP Missmatch (Bad Pairing System)

TlMMEH
60 posts Member
edited March 2018
How are guilds still getting paired up against opponents with 20-25 million more GP???
How hard is it to make an ordered list after the joining phase and match everybody up with the next guild closest to them?
This matchmaking algorithm is broken and nonsense, and there is no point in even trying half the time since the outcome is inevitable.

Replies

• I agree. We have a small ally and have only been able to participate in 2 wars. In this current war we are getting decimated without a challenge even though our guild Galactic Power supposedly matches. GP clearly doesn't take into account that certain teams are required for success.

Our current opponent has loaded the first two territories with about 20 7* 85th level Phoenix teams. They aren't maxed gear, but all have some sort of protection. We haven't progressed beyond the first two territories, but they've completely owned our side.

Obviously, some strategy is lacking our end, but with such a one-sided battle, it would be hard to argue against a mismatch of base power having occurred.

Honestly, I'm not too thrilled with TW. I feel it is a waste of my time. I'm just participating to appease my guild. Regardless, I would have done better if my team wasn't wiped after a victory. I was surprised to find that after I won the battle, my full health team was no longer available.

Again, strategy is a part of this and apparently, the best strategy is for everyone in the guild to build a specific perfect defense team (eg Rogue One or Phoenix). And that's fine. Its a grind to get there and probably lacks enjoyment once you achieve it because their is no variability in deployment. TW begin; place specific team; fight with specific team; victory; rinse; repeat. Oh, the thrill!

Regardless, this is our second entry. We clearly aren't cohesive in our strategy and may not even have the correct team(s) to ensure victory (as undoubtedly there are specific teams required for victory). Our opponent clearly does have a winning strategy and is using perfect teams.

Our Galactic Power is equal, but the match is a routing of epic proportions. So, Galactic Power isn't a great measure of strength. You can easily build perfect teams, leave useless characters untrained, and have a massive advantage over teams that build their roster evenly.

Territory Wars should be matched according to some scale of points awarded in Wars. Don't match noobs with veterans just because the GP matches. It completely demoralises the losing team and saps the enjoyment of the game. I can definitely speak for myself that I'm not going to bother entering TW for a while. One-sided victories aren't really fun.

EA needs to improve the matching in Territory Wars so that either side has the potential for victory. Clearly, this is not happening now.