Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• manderthegreat1
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Great way to once again alienate half your player base and to take what little fun there was in the new raid to begin with. Pretty much everyone agrees that the St Han nerf was understandable, the rest is just ridiculous. There are so many aspects of the game that could be adjusted that would greatly approve our playing experience and you all go do some **** that is more like a punishment than a nerf. As a day 1 player who stayed through mod gate and all the other stupid decisions by EA/CG, I must say this is one of the worst and is pretty much a slap in the face. Hanging my head in utter disappointment
  • This thread got BURIED lol...

...Move along folks. There's nothing to see here.
  • How about you move this merged thread back to general? Instead of a subsection of a subsection that took me 5 minutes to find from the main forum menu...
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    after the end of a t6 sith raid i saw the rewards and was shocked. i made rank 2, woke up in the morning 03.30 to use my refreshed heroes. played many hours, tried out different squads.
    my guild is 110m gp. no meta-guild, but we have some strong players.
    don‘t know if i can make a top 3 rank once more...
    and?
    it doesn‘t matter!
    with these rewards i need 20-30 raids to get only ONE full gear 12 material!!!

for me they can do what they want.

i had zaul in aat, he got an update. i had zader in the pit, he got an update.
    now another update. so what? life goes on, because the rules are for us all the same.
    only the rewards for this difficult raid are a joke.
    why should i farm my characters, if rank 24 gets a full gear material and i only ....

what is the philosophy behind 2 gear12 salavage...

btw. in territory battles we never saw a full gear12 material.

motivation?

it‘s not necessary to invest in raids, if i need a year to put three gear12 materials on a hero...

Really so bad? Oh, so there is no point to be so emotional about those changes. 20 raids for full piece g12 is insane..... insane grind.... Good that i have summertime from playing in the guild...
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    So @CG_RyDiggs you guys have gone ahead and messed with the expose mechanics for no reason and royally cheesed a chunk of your player based off. But why haven’t you guys addressed the awful rewards of the new raid. Was that the intended mechanic? We’ve been clamoring for a response on this and yet nothing
  • Bring back the Escape option for the Sith raid at least.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    How about you move this merged thread back to general? Instead of a subsection of a subsection that took me 5 minutes to find from the main forum menu...

So lets post this everywhere so everyone can see it

And it doesnt get buried as they usually do with things they dont want to be seen

As NS
    As ventress tags
    As keep going...
  • This game moves further from being a player friendly game with every update, and patch that CG adds to it. I am a former whale and the only reason I have continued playing is because of the community within my guild. Should we decide to move to a new game that is what this one could have been, then you will have yet another HoDA on your hands. I pray for the day that Disney pulls its contract with EA.
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    I want my zeta mats back from forehead rey. Will this be possible technically? Probably. Will it happen? Likely not.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    vice wrote: »
    Can I please get my zeta mats on Finn refunded?

Why?

i put zeta on last week and they are now nerfing expose across all raids

Finn's zeta is fairly useless in the Sith raid.

Finn's zeta in HAAT is needed to generate the TM effects. Damage from exposes on the boss is minimal IIRC. But I don't use Finn in HAAT so maybe I'm wrong. The dev follow up would seem to confirm though.

i understand that finn's zeta is for tm, but i wouldn't have put resources into a resistance team expose damage was to be nerfed. if damage was minimal, why would they "fix" it? anyways, i zeta'd finn for HAAT and not the sith raid.

i feel like they gave me a cake, looked delicious
    but the cake was off, so i got food poisoning
    so now they're offering me a new cake, except this cake is even worse
    and they're going to sell me an antidote
  • Was all of this necessary???

Couldn’t we have kept ST Han good while not allowing an infinite loop? Maybe limit it to occurring once per turn? and this takes out the Krennic/DT advantage too. And the expose damages seemed unnecessary. It was hard enough with that...
  • This is just bad business plain and simple. Sth is the monthly login character and wasn't vetted in the new raid? In no way should any guild beat the hardest level of new content in less than a week. Make a difficulty for top end guilds but dont gate new anazing characters for every average guild behind an impossible wall until return of gamechanging characters or release of new ones. Who is hurt by this long run? Not the top guilds who boat raced to beat it and will soon enough again regardless of nerf.. you hurt the average player in an average guild.
  • vice wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    GRTL wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat will this also affect zfinn teams in HAAT?

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT

The announcement as follows:

Finally, our initial data indicates Expose is stifling other teams from finding a competitive place in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We will be changing the amount of percent health damage Expose does in all Raids. Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

Bit of a contradictory response...

Expose wasn't preventing the other teams from finding a competitive place, it was the only squad doing significant damage in what is a very difficult raid. Certainly it was the go-to squad for any guilds completing it, but the issue was how incredibly inadequate all the other squads are due to the intensity of the new raid both bosses and complex mechanics. Again, you are fixing the wrong thing entirely - make every other meta squad *more* viable, instead of nerfing raid expose mechanics.

Dingo
  • vice wrote: »

Why?

Finn's zeta in HAAT is needed to generate the TM effects. Damage from exposes on the boss is minimal IIRC. But I don't use Finn in HAAT so maybe I'm wrong. The dev follow up would seem to confirm though.

:D
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member

Why?

i understand that finn's zeta is for tm, but i wouldn't have put resources into a resistance team expose damage was to be nerfed. if damage was minimal, why would they "fix" it? anyways, i zeta'd finn for HAAT and not the sith raid.

Imagine the outrage if in this month or the next they appear with a new paid character who is made to make damage in this raid...

• KKatarn wrote: »

Why?

Imagine the outrage if in this month or the next they appear with a new paid character who is made to make damage in this raid...

I’d be shocked if there isn’t. You know that’s the plan.
  • raxl
    posts Member
    welcome to the new Raid: Sith Raid without Stromtroper Han
  • Everyone complaining and you're all going to keep playing anyways lol.
  • Wow, should push back progress another couple months to be able to beat this thing....
  • DexMardl wrote: »
    Everyone complaining and you're all going to keep playing anyways lol.

Pretty much. This is a terrible game that I play because I like collecting Star Wars characters. Would this game even be on the map if it used generic characters no one had any emotional attachment to?
  • Temujin2009
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Just used my first zeta on Finn, only to have it nerfed two days later. Really, you guys suck.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • They'll still be good in GW.
  • Temujin2009
    33 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Affects all raids. Nerf is global.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    MeervalMan wrote: »
    What's the purpose of the expose nerf? As a heavy lifter in my guild for haat this kittens my whole guild.

We're adjusting Expose on Raid bosses to bring the Sith Raid in alignment with intended design.
    It will have some minimal impact on other raid bosses.

Let's get to the change before we declare the impact.

How is expose, for lack of a better word, exposing the bosses to more dmg than intended. Its nearly impossible to land any defuff as is
  • This is garbage
  • Coming from a player from a smaller 40mGP guild that has been together since June of 2017 that does not have HAAT on farm yet: I am hoping that all of our work and investment in basic Resistance teams is not greatly impacted in the heroic AAT raid. It would really suck to have been so close only to have to reboot with new teams in order to clear that dang phase 2...
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    Karek77 wrote: »
    You guys are an embarrassment. Changing your own rules because you dont like them. Whenever it feels you guys have reached rock bottom you seem to dig further down. Congrats!

I agree! Also I've never understood the need to snitch to devs things like these. Like the ST Han thing. It's not cheating so leave it alone. Can't stand snitches, you acting like that is something girls on the rag would do. Biznitches get stitches. Savvy
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    TheLegend1 wrote: »
    The community outsmarted your raid, so you nerf a bunch of stuff. Pathetic.
    At least make the rewards worth our time.

That just it!! They are butt hurt that they got outsmarted and out classed. Solution: nerf and buff boss. Ridiculous these people are. God forbid one beats the raid.
  • Celoth
    22 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    As always, we appreciate your continued support. Thanks for playing with us.

CG_TopHat

If these changes go live, you will not have my continued support. I will cease purchasing anything ingame, and will strongly consider ceasing to play.

Look, you guys should be taking a victory lap with this content. It's beautiful and has interesting mechanics. But the balance here is terrible, and nerfing the few things that are doing well, instead of tuning the raid so that other teams can compete, is asinine.

Sure, if ST: Han is grossly overperforming due to unintended interactions, nerf him. I can even understand a slight nerf to expose damage, but the issue here isn't expose. Rey isn't overperforming - everything else is underperforming!. Tons of maxed out G12 teams are having difficulty posting competitive damage. That is the problem.

This raid doesn't need to be easy mode, but it could be tuned in a way that makes it much less miserable for players. What benefit does making this raid more annoying to deal with bring???

Furthermore, Jedi Rey is a character that people busted their **** to unlock, and nerfing her now for this just feels like a disincentive to buy into any future characters. Why invest time and money into a character that's going to be difficult to unlock if they're going to be nerfed the next time new content comes out?

My advice: Tone down the tenacity, for starters. Then further tune the raid so that teams that don't rely on expose can compete.

These proposed changes are a terrible, terrible idea and are making this content sour for players when it should be a high point in the game's history.