Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes [MEGA]

Replies

  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

    Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

    I've read this four times and I still can't figure out what it means.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Childz
    18 posts Member
    It means your characters are worse with the changes. Period.
  • So what non-JTR/expose based teams do you devs see as viable for phase 1 but getting over shadowed? Cause for the life of me I can't think of a team that doesn't rely in some way on a mechanic DN is designed to soft or hard counter.

    I mean for crying out loud my best g11 rebel team is lucky to do .05% damage with each attack on phase 1 of tier 4 which is supposidly balanced for g8, 4*, lvl 70 toons! That's just crazy bad balance.
  • If you read the abilities and found a way to do a lot of damage, you are “undermining the design spirit.” Another way to look at it is you are inventive. I don’t like the idea of punishing people for using a tactic that works in any kind of game. What is more disturbing is that STHan is he login character, everyone already has him and he is getting nerfed also... still this is nothing compared to the Android users get free K2SO 7* and crystals.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

    Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

    I've read this four times and I still can't figure out what it means.

    It means they're too busy worrying about players do8ng more damage in a raid with trash rewards to fix the steaming pile of TW mess they made with the last update. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anyone else find it humorous that the guild/guilds who figured out the ST Han thing are most definitely the biggest spenders on the game?
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    It has been more than a year since the community has been asking to change the following basic things:

    1) Multiple bronzium pulls
    2) Remove challenge gear from raid rewards
    3) Remove the insane g8/9 n g10/11 gear crunch
    4) Rotate arena, cantina and fleet store toon rewards

    None of this has happened for ages and they have the time to "fix" a new raid so quickly!

    Just saying - how difficult and technically challenging can it be to allow multiple bronzium pulls.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    MeervalMan wrote: »
    What's the purpose of the expose nerf? As a heavy lifter in my guild for haat this kittens my whole guild.

    We're adjusting Expose on Raid bosses to bring the Sith Raid in alignment with intended design.
    It will have some minimal impact on other raid bosses.

    Let's get to the change before we declare the impact.

    That's the problem. If you've actually done any testing you could tell us exactly what the impact will be. So, have you not done the testing, or are you just refusing to communicate the results of that testing? Either way, shame on you.
  • My guild is mostly composed of casual players ( 40M GP) and i'm one of the only more hardcore types in it... We have not complete HAAT yet and we've been working hard for it.... I was lucky enough to get JTR and i've been developping my haat team for months now, as well as trying to coach people in my guild on what to do to try and help on the HAAT...we have a lot who are working on resistance teams with Zfinn and this really sucks that exposes may end up with less damage... Especially since most of the Super-solo-HAAT teams have no resistance/expose mechanics in it.... They will have put so much effort in a possibly less interesting setup.

    The Sith Raid han issue, sure, i have no problem with it... Could of been fixed 1000 different and better ways but i'm still ok with it. Having a sudden freak out moment about exposes doing too much damage after so many months of it being the way it is? well thats really a bad move. If the changes are really minimal, like, really minimal and nearly the same...ok cool, if that helps you with whatever this is for... but if it could affect our dps by like 5-10% less, it will be significantly bad for a lot of people.
  • zzhbkk
    43 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs say what you will, I’ve spent around $15k on this game in the last 11 months. I’ve always wondered what would make me stop spending. You finally found it. Nerfing the exposes on all raids is laziness bc you all never added separate tags or parameters for the different raid bosses and just lumped them into one. A lot of people above have “do you even test anything?” You clearly don’t. You’re so worrieud about small info leaks that you never have actual players test this for you, then you throw it at us in a big mess of a near live beta. These cheese STHan teams aren’t going to make this raid accessible to a huge number of people more than it would have already but you all just can’t handle that. You have zero integrity as a company. You should fix bugs and work on new content. Not hide behind some garbage philosophy of “we didn’t test this and unfortunately it’s not as hard and un-fun as we wanted.”

    Let me put this out there for you and believe I’m not alone: nerf all the exposes and make this thing even more tedious and not fun than it is now and you can consider my spending on this game nerfed too.

    You’re all the worst. The single reaction to any problem that’s seemed reasonable was when you lowered the reqs. for the Capt solo/Leia Mission in LSTB. Remember that? The game didn’t implode when you were reasonable. I’ve always tried to see things from the devs perspective and a lot of times, I do. I see the business side of it. Right now though, you’re all being a$$es. Period.
  • zzhbkk wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs say what you will, I’ve spent around $15k on this game in the last 11 months. I’ve always wondered what would make me stop spending. You finally found it. Nerfing the exposes on all raids is laziness bc you all never added separate tags or parameters for the different raid bosses and just lumped them into one. A lot of people above have “do you even test anything?” You clearly don’t. You’re so worrieud about small info leaks that you never have actual players test this for you, then you throw it at us in a big mess of a near live beta. These cheese STHan teams aren’t going to make this raid accessible to a huge number of people more than it would have already but you all just can’t handle that. You have zero integrity as a company. You should fix bugs and work on new content. Not hide behind some garbage philosophy of “we didn’t test this and unfortunately it’s not as hard and un-fun as we wanted.”

    Let me put this out there for you and believe I’m not alone: nerf all the exposes and make this thing even more tedious and not fun than it is now and you can consider my spending on this game nerfed too.

    You’re all the worst. The single reaction to any problem that’s seemed reasonable was when you lowered the reqs. for the Capt solo/Leia Mission in LSTB. Remember that? The game didn’t implode when you were reasonable. I’ve always tried to see things from the devs perspective and a lot of times, I do. I see the business side of it. Right now though, you’re all being a$$es. Period.
    zzhbkk wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs say what you will, I’ve spent around $15k on this game in the last 11 months. I’ve always wondered what would make me stop spending. You finally found it. Nerfing the exposes on all raids is laziness bc you all never added separate tags or parameters for the different raid bosses and just lumped them into one. A lot of people above have “do you even test anything?” You clearly don’t. You’re so worrieud about small info leaks that you never have actual players test this for you, then you throw it at us in a big mess of a near live beta. These cheese STHan teams aren’t going to make this raid accessible to a huge number of people more than it would have already but you all just can’t handle that. You have zero integrity as a company. You should fix bugs and work on new content. Not hide behind some garbage philosophy of “we didn’t test this and unfortunately it’s not as hard and un-fun as we wanted.”

    Let me put this out there for you and believe I’m not alone: nerf all the exposes and make this thing even more tedious and not fun than it is now and you can consider my spending on this game nerfed too.

    You’re all the worst. The single reaction to any problem that’s seemed reasonable was when you lowered the reqs. for the Capt solo/Leia Mission in LSTB. Remember that? The game didn’t implode when you were reasonable. I’ve always tried to see things from the devs perspective and a lot of times, I do. I see the business side of it. Right now though, you’re all being a$$es. Period.

    Dude no offense but $15k is an insane amount of money. Dont know if you are exaggerating or what but dang.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    zzhbkk wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs say what you will, I’ve spent around $15k on this game in the last 11 months. I’ve always wondered what would make me stop spending. You finally found it. Nerfing the exposes on all raids is laziness bc you all never added separate tags or parameters for the different raid bosses and just lumped them into one. A lot of people above have “do you even test anything?” You clearly don’t. You’re so worrieud about small info leaks that you never have actual players test this for you, then you throw it at us in a big mess of a near live beta. These cheese STHan teams aren’t going to make this raid accessible to a huge number of people more than it would have already but you all just can’t handle that. You have zero integrity as a company. You should fix bugs and work on new content. Not hide behind some garbage philosophy of “we didn’t test this and unfortunately it’s not as hard and un-fun as we wanted.”

    Let me put this out there for you and believe I’m not alone: nerf all the exposes and make this thing even more tedious and not fun than it is now and you can consider my spending on this game nerfed too.

    You’re all the worst. The single reaction to any problem that’s seemed reasonable was when you lowered the reqs. for the Capt solo/Leia Mission in LSTB. Remember that? The game didn’t implode when you were reasonable. I’ve always tried to see things from the devs perspective and a lot of times, I do. I see the business side of it. Right now though, you’re all being a$$es. Period.

    Well said. It's one thing for me to say it, I'm just a f2p nobody who wouldn't even register to them if I quit. Need more spenders to stand up and let them know this isn't just about f2p players upset because they can't finish a raid in 1 week.

    There are some seriously flawed decisions going on and have been for a number of months. Something needs to change in the way this game is managed and new content introduced.
  • Def gonna get chastized for this but hey whatevers

    giphy.gif

    https%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F04%2FEA.jpg

  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Worst thing you can do in business is lose the trust of your core customers.

    They've been chipping away at it for 5-6 months with experiments in an attempt to find extra money, but this feels like the knife that cuts through to finish the job.
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Anyone else find it humorous that the guild/guilds who figured out the ST Han thing are most definitely the biggest spenders on the game?

    With 140m GP we are only a top 100 guild with a heart for f2p. We do have whales, we do have moderate spenders, but 50% of our guild is pretty much f2p - and we consist of many december 2015 players, so pretty much day 1. And the one who had the StHan cheese idea is a 2.6m GP f2p player. Nothing against whales, you do need them for any new content, but whilst they are good in throwing money vs the new content and just buy gear/chars/everything that is needed, they are mostly collectors. I do see many whales with badly modded teams (also in Arena) and not a great performance in raids, but the "dangerous" ones are the little dolphins and especially long term f2p who have to play smart, check mechanics and make the best of what they have. They do think about mechanics way more because they just have to. Since we could not do Heroic Sith we informed our Whale friends and their guilds and asked them to test it - and got confirmation it works. We could have kept it as a secret to have an advantage, but personally i don´t like such a behaviour. On top i did not see any problem since we played by the raid mechanics. Publishing it was pro community, nevertheless now that this will get nerfed we will be forced to swap 1/3 of our guild for top player. This hurts me the most, because i love all my peeps and noobs and would like to stick together with them, but having fun tho trying to be competitive we can´t just wait 3-4 months until it is doable for most top 200 guilds.

    Edit @ DEVS may i ask you for one thing tho: all heroic rewards i saw consisted of 1-3 full gears, pretty much always 1 full gear 12 item (the ones we could buy for 20$+) or even 2. Fair for Heroic and whoever can clear it. But lower raid tiers take very long, and all we got from T6 was 1 full purple gear from time to time. Please don´t nerf heroic rewards, please fix all other tiers. 95% of yor community won´t clear Heroic for a very long time, but not getting Traya shards is ok if the gear GAP does not get too big. Otherwise we will soon have the few mega guilds full of maxed out chars whilst all good guilds have to fight hard to equip 1 item on a char per month (from rewards, not store).
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

    DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • nerfing expose of all things lol all your doing is nerfing most of the good stuff and slapping your player base in the face.
  • I would like to add regarding the Expose nerf because it is 'stifling creativity'. I do want to point out that 03/02/2018, Ahnald101 posted a video that using JTR in P1 was the 'go to' team. In addition, MobileGamer posted a video on 03/2018 using JTR for P1. I watch their videos to see what teams work and what dont. They are just showing what is working now. Also, not everyone has a guild full of JTR and g12 Rez teams. Word on the street is that Instinct used JTR to clear P1/P2 heroic, but it took them 46; 46! Even if JTR was stifling creativity, what other guild in the game has 46 teams to replicate that? Im guessing about 0.01%, so people will have to get 'creative' since that is not an option for any of us.

    Close the STHan loophole, i am fine with that, but don't go and mess with expose. If you, is there some kind of compensation for people that zeta'd Finn? My wife did it last week and then this comes around. She could have spent her resources and time going in a different direction.
  • The guild I'm in have been trying to complete Haat for a long time, but no luck. Everytime we get close, they pull this out a nerf of their hats. Seriously ****.. The teams that has been able to exploit are big teams that already have General Kenobi and so on - this will hit all the casual guilds that have been struggling with raids for a long time. We are talking about quitting the game = 40 guys times 20$ a month = 9600$ a year..
    Maybe the reason for this is that they only want the really big spenders to be left in the game..

    I'm worried this might destroy so many things in the game.
    Peace out..
  • Sithiel wrote: »
    The guild I'm in have been trying to complete Haat for a long time, but no luck. Everytime we get close, they pull this out a nerf of their hats. Seriously ****.. The teams that has been able to exploit are big teams that already have General Kenobi and so on - this will hit all the casual guilds that have been struggling with raids for a long time. We are talking about quitting the game = 40 guys times 20$ a month = 9600$ a year..
    Maybe the reason for this is that they only want the really big spenders to be left in the game..

    I'm worried this might destroy so many things in the game.
    Peace out..

    i completely agree. the general concern is that this nerf to Rez will pretty much end heroic HAAT for a lot of guilds.

  • The STHan change I can at least see that it needed fixed, but it hurts a LOT of other characters that certainly aren't doing well enough to deserve being nerfed. Those non-existant K2SO or royal gaurd teams that were leading the dmg charts because of their on damage abilities, we TOTALLY need to nerf them!

    The expose nerf? This is just non-sensical. I want CG to show me the data here and show me all the other Non-JTR teams using expose to do excessive damage, because they simply don't exist. ZFinn is not tearing this raid up, but its clearly the best solution to nerf expose when its ONE character causing the imbalance...

    It's also amazing to see how quickly these changes get made when its something CG doesn't want but when its ANYTHING negatively impacting the playerbase it takes forever to get a change. Zombie NS cheese? Fine when its against the players, but if it works in a raid? NERF! Characters in desperate need of a rework? Crickets! Challenge gear in raids? It's fine, let the players despair. TW? TB? Just ignore those glaring issues. But a raid team doing well in a raid? NERF INSTANTLY!

    Instead of actually fixing the raid to be a fun and challenging experience you're nerfing the players and making the raid that much more tedious.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Nerfing all exposes on all raids is quite possibly the laziest, and most corrupt thing I have ever heard.
    Why is it corrupt ? Because rather than nerfing the real problem, meaning Jedi Training Rey, you are nerfing ALL characters that can expose, most of which are balanced.

    My point: if you feel like a nerf is needed, you should nerf Rey. If only for raid bosses, so be it. I'd rather see her nerfed in general as JTR teams are the most unfun team to fight in the history of the game. The only reason you would not nerf JTR is because it's a pay to win character.

    So, one could say that by choosing the quick and easy path, you're left quite... exposed.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Nerfing the expose mechanism is a very bad move that shows no consideration for the player base. I can’t believe they took such a decision, I’m very, very angry now.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Seriously, this is absolutely insane. People were figuring out legitimate tacticts on the mechanics of this new raid and found some stuff which actually works. This raid was still hard as hell even with those figured out mechanics, they make it even harder. I was actually thinking about spending some bucks on farming those toons which work faster, even after knowing that something will be done regarding that STHan stuff. But after this kick in the crown jewels of the player base.... NO. Just NO!
    I took many stuff quite calmly which many people enraged about. Even stuff I considered somehow unfair. But this is another level of disrepect to the player base. This is the first time in the 2.5 years of playing which makes me really angry!
    Post edited by rawman on
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    So... let me understand... There is an unexpected effect on a char and u nerf dozen of them? U nerf for exemple Darth Sion, with ppl, like me, just spent €€€€ to get him less than a week ago? And u nerf the only team that do good dmg cause the other teams do no do it? U wll have a great number of quit, congratz...
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So @CG_RyDiggs you guys have gone ahead and messed with the expose mechanics for no reason and royally cheesed a chunk of your player based off. But why haven’t you guys addressed the awful rewards of the new raid. Was that the intended mechanic? We’ve been clamoring for a response on this and yet nothing

    No reason? Half of the forum was screaming that it would only be fair if JTR was nerfed along with STHan

    you guys got what you wanted. Stop complaining about it!
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So @CG_RyDiggs you guys have gone ahead and messed with the expose mechanics for no reason and royally cheesed a chunk of your player based off. But why haven’t you guys addressed the awful rewards of the new raid. Was that the intended mechanic? We’ve been clamoring for a response on this and yet nothing

    No reason? Half of the forum was screaming that it would only be fair if JTR was nerfed along with STHan

    you guys got what you wanted. Stop complaining about it!

    I seriously think the forums made the error of thinking that dev staff would be able to catch a hint of sarcasm and that they will not be willing to nerf their latest heroic journey toon. How wrong they all were!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So @CG_RyDiggs you guys have gone ahead and messed with the expose mechanics for no reason and royally cheesed a chunk of your player based off. But why haven’t you guys addressed the awful rewards of the new raid. Was that the intended mechanic? We’ve been clamoring for a response on this and yet nothing

    No reason? Half of the forum was screaming that it would only be fair if JTR was nerfed along with STHan

    you guys got what you wanted. Stop complaining about it!

    I seriously think the forums made the error of thinking that dev staff would be able to catch a hint of sarcasm and that they will not be willing to nerf their latest heroic journey toon. How wrong they all were!

    They were being sarcastic? They seemed very, very, serious.
  • Well, "balance the dmg RJT is doing in raid" could mean "make other teams also as meaningful in an already hard raid".

    Devs took it as "make the only team that does any meaningful damage as useless as the other teams in an already hard raid"...
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    'Balance' will occur when RJT is 'fixed' at the same time as STHan is 'fixed'. Without both fixes in place, there's nothing balanced about it.

    Fix=nerf

    In this context, at least. If anything the initial impression is that they want to run RJT into the ground if STHan is nerfed.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I get that they do the Expose nerf just to nerf the JTR teams. But they are hurting other teams also with it. zFinn teams should not have been nerfed by this or any other team that uses expose.

    It's just a lazy "fix" for a very specific issue. They could have done this more elegantly by nerfing JTR in this specific raid only (by making the exposes resistable for example). although that also would probably bring a lot of hate, but not as much as this
Sign In or Register to comment.