Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes [MEGA]

Replies

  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ridiculous!
    I totally agree with many many previous posts....
    The ridicucolus zombie/acolyte mechanic was ok for months? And now you cry because someone use it to defeat your horrible new raid?
    Expose nerf??????
    But above all..... WHAT IS THE AIM?
    You should instaed reduce of at least 50% the health of the raid!
    WHICH IS THE PURPOSE?
    IF YOU WANT THAT SITH RAID CANNOT BE DEFEATED (indeed you punish those who found a strategy) RETIRE IT!
    iF YOUR PROGRAM IS "NO STRATEGY NOR TEAM MUST HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK VS SITH RAID"... WHY ANNOY US WITH IT?
    CALCEL SITH RAID AND DARTH TRAYA AND GO ON WITH THE FUN.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Ridiculous!
    I totally agree with many many previous posts....
    The ridicucolus zombie/acolyte mechanic was ok for months? And now you cry because someone use it to defeat your horrible new raid?
    Expose nerf??????
    But above all..... WHAT IS THE AIM?
    You should instaed reduce of at least 50% the health of the raid!
    WHICH IS THE PURPOSE?
    IF YOU WANT THAT SITH RAID CANNOT BE DEFEATED (indeed you punish those who found a strategy) RETIRE IT!
    iF YOUR PROGRAM IS "NO STRATEGY NOR TEAM MUST HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK VS SITH RAID"... WHY ANNOY US WITH IT?
    CALCEL SITH RAID AND DARTH TRAYA AND GO ON WITH THE FUN.

    1. Zombie/Acoylte is highly counterable on many, many fronts. ImpT, FO, Empire.
    2. Aim: Stop STHan from dealing massive damage through a cheezy loophole
    3. Aim: Expose nerf: To shut people up: Specifically, those people would have cried foul and attacked CG for not nerfing JTR.
    4. Why? I can cope with this damage and Health pool
    5. . Purpose: Aims
    5. Sith raid can be defeated. I know this because we have already done it twice, and no one uses STHan loop.
    6. Aside from teamwork, no strategies
  • Options
    zzhbkk wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs say what you will, I’ve spent around $15k on this game in the last 11 months. I’ve always wondered what would make me stop spending. You finally found it. Nerfing the exposes on all raids is laziness bc you all never added separate tags or parameters for the different raid bosses and just lumped them into one. A lot of people above have “do you even test anything?” You clearly don’t. You’re so worrieud about small info leaks that you never have actual players test this for you, then you throw it at us in a big mess of a near live beta. These cheese STHan teams aren’t going to make this raid accessible to a huge number of people more than it would have already but you all just can’t handle that. You have zero integrity as a company. You should fix bugs and work on new content. Not hide behind some garbage philosophy of “we didn’t test this and unfortunately it’s not as hard and un-fun as we wanted.”

    Let me put this out there for you and believe I’m not alone: nerf all the exposes and make this thing even more tedious and not fun than it is now and you can consider my spending on this game nerfed too.

    You’re all the worst. The single reaction to any problem that’s seemed reasonable was when you lowered the reqs. for the Capt solo/Leia Mission in LSTB. Remember that? The game didn’t implode when you were reasonable. I’ve always tried to see things from the devs perspective and a lot of times, I do. I see the business side of it. Right now though, you’re all being a$$es. Period.
    He’s not exaggerating on the $15k. He is the last one to badmouth cg in our shard...honestly surprised to see him posting this.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    new Sith Raid strategy:

    1. insert team of chars, can be g8-12 cause it really does not matter cause they will only be hitting for small damage anyway
    2. auto basic: pew-pew, hack and slash
    3. hope for something in the range of 50k score
    4. repeat 30 times, per phase
    5. hope you have 49 other guildies who can also put in 30 teams per phase of pew-pew-hack-slash-auto-basic teams
    6. clear the raid in 7 months
  • Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    new Sith Raid strategy:

    1. insert team of chars, can be g8-12 cause it really does not matter cause they will only be hitting for small damage anyway
    2. auto basic: pew-pew, hack and slash
    3. hope for something in the range of 50k score
    4. repeat 30 times, per phase
    5. hope you have 49 other guildies who can also put in 30 teams per phase of pew-pew-hack-slash-auto-basic teams
    6. clear the raid in 7 months

    1. Do research and triak runs to find out which team works best per phase
    2. Play the game
    3. See 1m damage.
    4. Repeat several times per phase
    5. Your guildies help you clear it
    6. Clear the raid in 2 days
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

    1. Do research and triak runs to find out which team works best per phase
    2. Play the game
    3. See 1m damage.
    4. Repeat several times per phase
    5. Your guildies help you clear it
    6. Clear the raid in 2 days

    @swgohfan29
    You are quite vocal about this not affecting you.
    So tell us how your guild is clearing it without RJT and without whale roster depth in 2 days?
    Which teams can help you clear that are NOT needed in more than one phase (thinking about heroic)?

    (btw I am not a minnow, playing since late 2016, run 2 accounts over 2mil GP, place top5 in arena and fleet daily)
  • Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

    1. Do research and triak runs to find out which team works best per phase
    2. Play the game
    3. See 1m damage.
    4. Repeat several times per phase
    5. Your guildies help you clear it
    6. Clear the raid in 2 days

    @swgohfan29
    You are quite vocal about this not affecting you.
    So tell us how your guild is clearing it without RJT and without whale roster depth in 2 days?
    Which teams can help you clear that are NOT needed in more than one phase (thinking about heroic)?

    (btw I am not a minnow, run 2 accounts over 2mil GP)

    Without RJT/Whales? Nope. We have a total of 4 RJT teams and ~10 whales. ~Half the guild is completely f2p

    1. Long Time players: All of us have played tgis game for at least 1 and a half years.
    2. Pure DPS teams. we have a total of 40 G11/12 FO teams combining to deal about 60m damage for p1. P2 is pretty much a joke thanks to our NS teams. Rebels do good in p2 azwell.
    3. p1 isnt that bad of a roadblock thanks to our p2pers. Our whales are tasked with finishing p1 and 4, whereas the rest clear p2 and p3.
    4. Typo :P. 3 days. keep forgeting that we finish in early morning of 3rd days. Generally anyone whos awake will cleanup.
    5. No one has quit the guild. We re tight and we support each other with gear, advice, etc. We follow instructions.



    So, invariable response

    What will you do w/o your RJT teams.

    We ll take another day. Not that much of an issue.


    Not every guild has 10 whales.

    Not every guild needs to do t5, either.

    You re lying/trolling.

    eh. believe what you want.

    You typoed.

    I m sorry.

  • Options
    LoL :)

    your responses made you sound like you are in an average guild and able to clear the raid easily so who needs these RJT teams etc...which you clearly are not.

    > very few guilds who do not have big spenders have good enough NS
    > T5 is quite reasonable to expect to clear for guilds in the 60-100mil GP range, although with this nerf it will be even harder, and yes the descriptive guideline for what you need for which tier is a big troll from CG, way understated

    stop trolling those who are genuinely concerned and who do not have 50% of their guild on strong p2p basis
    :wink:
  • Jeffo
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone asked, “What teams do you want us to use?” It seems all these changes are for unintended consequences. Ok but not sure how you missed that ns thing since it happens in arena every day. So they said it was a puzzle to figure out. I don’t want to spend time figuring something out, only to find out it’s not the answer they wanted so they change the game. Maybe tell me what damage per team you are expecting us to do.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    LoL :)

    your responses made you sound like you are in an average guild and able to clear the raid easily so who needs these RJT teams etc...which you clearly are not.

    > very few guilds who do not have big spenders have good enough NS
    > T5 is quite reasonable to expect to clear for guilds in the 60-100mil GP range, although with this nerf it will be even harder, and yes the descriptive guideline for what you need for which tier is a big troll from CG, way understated

    stop trolling those who are genuinely concerned and who do not have 50% of their guild on strong p2p basis
    :wink:

    Good enough NS: Half of NS are pretty much f2p, with the exception of zombie and talzin. Talzin we had to get via shipments (and it costed a huge amount of crystals(which we did not pay for)). Zombie was easier.
    Some of us use Ventress too.

    FO is also completely f2p (aside for FOX) and some are the easiest farms in the game.

    Almost all of the descriptive guidelines are trolls. This raid just doesnt buck the trend.

    t5 is not reasonable if you obviously cant clear it in a reasonable time period. Accept that you re not good enough and move on. You cant assign a number to a objective. Way too many factors go into Sith Raid Strategy. If you invested in the wrong toons, too. bad.

    i mean if you consider 10 bucks a month to be STRONG p2p then yeah, i guess. But theres a difference between whales and dolphins and krills.

    As for Average guild, no i didnt. I was speaking for my ownself. I m pointing out that the raid is very possible to go through. Saying that Nihilus is Unbeatable or that the raid will be finished in months is a gross exaggeration
  • Options
    if your guild is "average" then more than half won't finish top tier of pvp and won't have crystals to burn on Talzin. I do but won't make a difference if it's just a couple of us...

    anyway - I was being exasperatingly sarcastic with those "raid guidelines" :wink:

    we will clear our T5 in 4 days (only have 4 RJT teams ourselves) and will do T4 next to stop wasting tickets, so I am a realist for sure...but not being able to use our RJT teams to help carry the guild is going to hurt us.

    and yes, most guilds used strong members to carry them in other raid content at the start, that's how it goes

    we are veering off-topic in any event

    point is - vast majority of people responding here and on reddit feel this is a supercalafragilisticexpialidocious kitten move
  • Options

    @SithAmer


    It has been more than a year since the community has been asking to change the following basic things:
    1) Multiple bronzium pulls
    2) Remove challenge gear from raid rewards
    3) Remove the insane g8/9 n g10/11 gear crunch
    4) Rotate arena, cantina and fleet store toon rewards
    None of this has happened for ages and they have the time to "fix" a new raid so quickly!
    Just saying - how difficult and technically challenging can it be to allow multiple bronzium pulls.

    Agree!

    only a few other ideas:

    *Crystal booster? Since a half year no word about it.
    *Daily challenges? My weekly (!) highlight is: omega or no omega and how many Carbantis... (the material never changed since I play the game)
    *For a Top3 rank in the new Raid not even one full gear material is a shame! Even in TB we never saw a full gear12 material.

    For me this game was made for „super-player“, who pay enough and don’t need good rewards and for f2p, who have enough time and nerves and don‘t expect nothing from the „best chances“.

    Ok! Rome wasn‘t built on one day. But how many month will i have to wait to fill all three gear12 slots of a hero with these sithraid-rewards? one year!

  • Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    if your guild is "average" then more than half won't finish top tier of pvp and won't have crystals to burn on Talzin. I do but won't make a difference if it's just a couple of us...

    anyway - I was being exasperatingly sarcastic with those "raid guidelines" :wink:

    we will clear our T5 in 4 days (only have 4 RJT teams ourselves) and will do T4 next to stop wasting tickets, so I am a realist for sure...but not being able to use our RJT teams to help carry the guild is going to hurt us.

    and yes, most guilds used strong members to carry them in other raid content at the start, that's how it goes

    we are veering off-topic in any event

    point is - vast majority of people responding here and on reddit feel this is a supercalafragilisticexpialidocious kitten move

    Yes, but how much will it hurt you? Enough for another day gameplay?

    er, what dies kitten mean
  • FiddleMaster
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

    1. Do research and triak runs to find out which team works best per phase
    2. Play the game
    3. See 1m damage.
    4. Repeat several times per phase
    5. Your guildies help you clear it
    6. Clear the raid in 2 days

    @swgohfan29
    You are quite vocal about this not affecting you.
    So tell us how your guild is clearing it without RJT and without whale roster depth in 2 days?
    Which teams can help you clear that are NOT needed in more than one phase (thinking about heroic)?

    (btw I am not a minnow, run 2 accounts over 2mil GP)

    Without RJT/Whales? Nope. We have a total of 4 RJT teams and ~10 whales. ~Half the guild is completely f2p

    1. Long Time players: All of us have played tgis game for at least 1 and a half years.
    2. Pure DPS teams. we have a total of 40 G11/12 FO teams combining to deal about 60m damage for p1. P2 is pretty much a joke thanks to our NS teams. Rebels do good in p2 azwell.
    3. p1 isnt that bad of a roadblock thanks to our p2pers. Our whales are tasked with finishing p1 and 4, whereas the rest clear p2 and p3.
    4. Typo :P. 3 days. keep forgeting that we finish in early morning of 3rd days. Generally anyone whos awake will cleanup.
    5. No one has quit the guild. We re tight and we support each other with gear, advice, etc. We follow instructions.



    So, invariable response

    What will you do w/o your RJT teams.

    We ll take another day. Not that much of an issue.


    Not every guild has 10 whales.

    Not every guild needs to do t5, either.

    You re lying/trolling.

    eh. believe what you want.

    You typoed.

    I m sorry.

    At least 18 players in your guild have RJT. 17 of them are G12 with the appropriate supporting characters. Also, judging by your roster, you you spend most of your time riding the coattails of the whales and others. It's fine to play defense for every change CG ever makes, but at least be honest when you do it. Exaggerating the truth or trying to pass reality off as something that it isn't doesn't help.

    If the link you posted to your .gg profile, previously, is accurate.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

    1. Do research and triak runs to find out which team works best per phase
    2. Play the game
    3. See 1m damage.
    4. Repeat several times per phase
    5. Your guildies help you clear it
    6. Clear the raid in 2 days

    @swgohfan29
    You are quite vocal about this not affecting you.
    So tell us how your guild is clearing it without RJT and without whale roster depth in 2 days?
    Which teams can help you clear that are NOT needed in more than one phase (thinking about heroic)?

    (btw I am not a minnow, run 2 accounts over 2mil GP)

    Without RJT/Whales? Nope. We have a total of 4 RJT teams and ~10 whales. ~Half the guild is completely f2p

    1. Long Time players: All of us have played tgis game for at least 1 and a half years.
    2. Pure DPS teams. we have a total of 40 G11/12 FO teams combining to deal about 60m damage for p1. P2 is pretty much a joke thanks to our NS teams. Rebels do good in p2 azwell.
    3. p1 isnt that bad of a roadblock thanks to our p2pers. Our whales are tasked with finishing p1 and 4, whereas the rest clear p2 and p3.
    4. Typo :P. 3 days. keep forgeting that we finish in early morning of 3rd days. Generally anyone whos awake will cleanup.
    5. No one has quit the guild. We re tight and we support each other with gear, advice, etc. We follow instructions.



    So, invariable response

    What will you do w/o your RJT teams.

    We ll take another day. Not that much of an issue.


    Not every guild has 10 whales.

    Not every guild needs to do t5, either.

    You re lying/trolling.

    eh. believe what you want.

    You typoed.

    I m sorry.

    At least 18 players in your guild have RJT. 17 of them are G12 with the appropriate supporting characters. Also, judging by your roster, you you spend most of your time riding the coattails of the whales and others. It's fine to play defense for every change CG ever makes, but at least be honest when you do it. Exaggerating the truth or trying to pass reality off as something that it isn't doesn't help.

    If the link you posted to your .gg profile, previously, is accurate.

    I m assuming you mean my AceZero Account, in which case you are both correct and wrong.

    I have 2 accounts, 1 from the old days and 1 from when i rejoined. Seemed kinda wasteful to discard the old one, so i ve been managing two ever since.

    Anyways, yes, My guild in that account does have lots of RJTs that are highly geared, etc. In any case, however, i dont ride the coattails of whales. I hold my own in Tw, damage, etc etc. But thats kinda irrelevant

    Back to topic, my "new" account was what i was referring too. (Cant get it to swgoh.gg for some reason. Been trying for a while now, i guess too many 1 and i L and l and o and 0, etc etc. )

    Sorry about the confusion. Both accounts are f2p, in either case.

    And yes, i use FO on both :p. fav. villans.
  • Options
    One of the biggest frustrations for me and others is that it's not clear how big the changes to expose are. Will we see a 25% decrease in expose damage? 50%? 75%? I saw a post last night from Ry Diggs (I don't remember which thread it was on) saying we should just wait to see how it changes the raid to react, but if they just told us how it would alter the damage, I think they would see a lot less outrage around it.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nerfing the snot out of so many characters to fix 1 loop is unnecessary. So make us all happy and “buff” Stormtrooper Han instead. How about this:

    Change the current STH taunt so he gains the TM he gives to allies. This prevents the endless cycle, but does still make him very good and useful. It also makes it so a stronger Han is better so he can survive to the next cycle.

    Then give this addition to his current zeta to make it an advantage for him to gain TM in arena/TW/etc. “At the start of each of his turns while taunt is active, STH dispels all buffs from enemies who damaged him the previous turn. If they have no buffs, they are stunned for 2 turns instead.”

    Boom, you just fixed the raid exploit and made the character more viable everywhere else as an apology to anyone who invested resources into him for the raid.
  • GreenArrow
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why are they being buried?
    You guys fail to properly test. Get found out by your players.
    Nerf it then sweep all complaints into the deepest darkest recess of the forums.
    Are you guys EA that Naive??
    Have you not seen reddit?
    Hope this becomes your battlefront gate!!!
    Still fuming
    20xopy8f21ep.png
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    My expert opinion after playing games since the '80s is "this raid suuuuuuuuucks!"
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Options
    I suppose asking zeta refund for Death Trooper (krooper combo - not endless but useful too) will not be topic,right?
  • Options
    Nerfing % based damage (including Expose) was given.

    From my trial on AAT&SithTriumvirate Raid:
    For AAT, Expose did less than 20% of total Dmg. 4:1 ratio. For Sith Triumvirate, Expose did about 60% of total Dmg. 2:3 ratio.
    Applying Expose gives you 150% additional damage, and I doubt % based Dmg being so powerful is EA's intention.

    I think I know why Expose is nerfed for EVERY Raid. EA will modify Fearsome Foe ability to further reduce % based Dmg for Raid Boss. Otherwise, why would other Raids are affected?

    But it's way too bold. Why should other Raids be affected at all?

    Keep % based Dmg untouched. Make it harder for players to apply Expose for ONLY SithTrium Raid. Self Cleanse(like RJT's Virtuous Protector) can work. That's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    If you nerf sth here, you also have to nerf palp in the haat for phase 3 and while you are at it also asajj just for the fun of it. This would be the first time sth has a rally value and you nerf it because we use him the way he always worked? That is pathetic! I do respect EAs need to make money but how about employing people who are clever enough to figure this out before you release new content?
  • Options
    And... It does not really make a difference if you will nerf the character or improve the raid boss the result stays the same
  • Options
    So... the monthly log in char... who presumably IS the monthly log in char because he'd be good in the raid (though even as I type this that statement seems to give the devs too much credit), is being nerfed? Surprise, surprise. I note that Jedi Training Rey is not being nerfed even though she is also doing incredibly well in the raid... Guess it.just won't do to have a F2P toon with any value.
  • Options
    I like your idea that he gains TM as well, but let’s face it’s never going to happen
  • CamaroAMF
    1289 posts Member
    Options
    So... the monthly log in char... who presumably IS the monthly log in char because he'd be good in the raid (though even as I type this that statement seems to give the devs too much credit), is being nerfed? Surprise, surprise. I note that Jedi Training Rey is not being nerfed even though she is also doing incredibly well in the raid... Guess it.just won't do to have a F2P toon with any value.

    You missed the part where they’re nerfing expose damage?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    It’s highly unlikely that they’ll be saying “nevermind, we’re keeping things as they are” with these changes. Supposedly they’re testing these changes - so that’s happening no matter how much we complain. It seems the large majority of players here are upset, angry, distrusting moving forward.

    I’m curious. What will make these changes worth it to everyone?

    If this update came with other changes to positively impact us, would that soften the blow?

    Challenge gear removal. Guaranteed full gear piece in placing top 10 of any raid or tier. 50% raid health on every phase. Zeta rewards for finishing T5/6/7 of Sith Raid? 5,000 crystals and 20 zetas/omegas as an apology?

    Just curious what everyone would want to see that would make this nerf/buff worth it. If we already lost this battle, may as well start making demands on what we’ll deem as worth it to even keep playing since they’re so keen on changing things at the moment.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    It’s highly unlikely that they’ll be saying “nevermind, we’re keeping things as they are” with these changes. Supposedly they’re testing these changes - so that’s happening no matter how much we complain. It seems the large majority of players here are upset, angry, distrusting moving forward.

    I’m curious. What will make these changes worth it to everyone?

    If this update came with other changes to positively impact us, would that soften the blow?

    Challenge gear removal. Guaranteed full gear piece in placing top 10 of any raid or tier. 50% raid health on every phase. Zeta rewards for finishing T5/6/7 of Sith Raid? 5,000 crystals and 20 zetas/omegas as an apology?

    Just curious what everyone would want to see that would make this nerf/buff worth it. If we already lost this battle, may as well start making demands on what we’ll deem as worth it to even keep playing since they’re so keen on changing things at the moment.

    I sound like a broken record here, but I would like to see actual game breaking issues afforded the same priority for being fixed as things like this.
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    So... the monthly log in char... who presumably IS the monthly log in char because he'd be good in the raid (though even as I type this that statement seems to give the devs too much credit), is being nerfed? Surprise, surprise. I note that Jedi Training Rey is not being nerfed even though she is also doing incredibly well in the raid... Guess it.just won't do to have a F2P toon with any value.

    You missed the part where they’re nerfing expose damage?

    Ok I stand corrected, but is that supposed to make me feel better? What's the point of even trying team combinations now? If we find anything that works well it will get an immediate fix lol. There are bugs in the game that go on FOREVER and don't get addressed. One of the fun things about raids (I'd argue the ONLY fun thing about them) used to be theorycrafting... now.its just another thing to put on auto.
  • Options
    I for one am happy with the changes in the raid. For those of you who went and put a zeta on Ventress because you wanted to take part in using the broken STHan team then that's your fault and don't deserve your zetas refunded. Seriously, did you not think this was going to happen when that team was publicized? A little bit of common sense goes a long way and wanting your mistakes refunded because of lack of said common sense is just juvenile.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
Sign In or Register to comment.