Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Are you seriously considering nerfing expose ? Is this a joke ?

+1 on the challenge gear as rewards. ridiculous at this point.

I totally agree with you on the challenging philosophy, but we deserve rewards accordingly to our commitment as well.

Only for raid bosses.
    It will minimally impact previous bosses. It will significantly impact Sith Raid.

Let's get the fix out and find out if it's really that impactful afterwards.

We're always watching and listening ;)

The significant impact you mention on the Sith Raid is what will kill this game. My guild isn't one of the strongest and we're still learning but there is no way we could get past T6 at the moment and that's fine, like I said we're learning, but if you strip away the extra damage from expose significantly and only slightly reduce the health pools you're making the problem worse.

I don't want to be able to solo the raid but I do want to be able to finish it with my guild.

The other fixes I can kind of understand but this one doesn't help the experience, fuels a toxic environment and ultimately turns people off. Already people in my guild don't like the new raid, it's been out a week...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I'm giving the raid a miss.

I'm not spending what little resources I have gearing up rarely used toons just on the off chance they might work.

When people actually develop viable strategies I might give it another go once I know who to focus on.

It's not like I'm missing out on awesome rewards in the meantime.
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Can you at least recognize what a slap in the face it is to the people who just purchased Sion? Nerfing a characters raid utility like this is insane. It makes him useless in p3 and p4.

Heya Broxx,

I see you're frustrated and I understand your sentiment. We recognize we never make changes lightly, and we understand that some have more impact than others.

We never assume changes have no impact. There is always some player positively or negatively impacted with each change.

However, to your point, Sion isn't useless. The raid is moving back to the intended design. We may have to agree to disagree on that, I understand, but I hope you know I hear your feedback.

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • I find it ironic that the character causing all of this uproar coincidentally is the daily login toon. :D
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hakalugy wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs you guys had to assume that there wouldn't be a friendly response to this. You're basically saying that toons have abilities until you guys decide they don't.

Considering all previous raids (reducing HAAT normal overall health, changing Rancor) and all characters and all events, this has been and will be the case going forward.

Note, all changes are in mind to be for the long term good of the game. A healthy game and dedicated community are the key to success.

RT

This is not the way to keep people dedicated.
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    Reminder, this thread is to discuss:

Capital Games content philosophy, knowing some members of our community may not be aware of SWGOH being a living breathing growing game.

I'm having a discussion here to clarify that point now, so it's clear going forward.

Why is it that every time the player base gets a leg up, it gets ripped from us? Everytime!! Any advantage that we come up with is always taken away. Why should we even try? We meet success just to have that taken from us is insulting. I love this game and star wars, but, jeez. Can you guys just give us a break and let us enjoy what we accomplish? What about the bugs that benefit the raid bosses? Didn't hear anything about that. All I heard was you guys are doing to good, can't have that. Unbelieveable.

I understand your frustration, but I hope you can understand the design intent of new content (like the Rancor and HAAT and DSTB). Fixing issues that 'trivialize' content has been and will be an ongoing action if we deem it in the best interest of the game overall. Sometimes... it's ok. Other times it's not. We have to consider the health of the game, and hope you can appreciate that consideration.

Thank you for your feedback!

I am guild leader of my guild and I have been instructing my guildmates to farm all these toons for a very long time. All that time and energy and money they've invested is now for naught and I'm responsible for that. That is not cool. We have always, and apparently, always will be slapped down everytime we find an advantage. I can't understand how this move is for the good of the game. It has clearly upset a ton of people. Do we not matter? Is our opinions just swept to the side? Will we ever get anything that's worthwhile not taken away from us? I'm not f2p by any means, no where close. All that invested is now wasted. It's insulting to hear that this benefits the game overall when clearly that masses are speaking out against it. We, this entire community of players, helps to pay your salaries, we help to keep the content rolling out, we do all this for the love of gaming. Yet why? I cant believe how this game has become so controlled. We have no freedom to explore and build our rosters and teams. We basically have to follow your path and not our own. Sad, very very sad.

our guild has been pushing Rez also. My wife zeta'd Finn last week! She definitely needs some kind of compensation for this garbage.

• Why the change to the expose mechanic across all raids and not just the sith raid.

Why won't you answer that? @CG_RyDiggs
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    I understand reducing the effectiveness of STH but with the current tear 6 it is taking people several days to complete part of the raI’d. I don’t feel reducing that many characters was needed there are no other teams pulling astronomically large numbers that could potentially break the raid. Unless health pool are dramatically dropped this is not a Feasible event to complete with our current level or gear in a timeframe that does not waste tickets generated
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf expose. please

THIS IS ONLY FOR RAID BOSSES.

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.

Thanks my first FAQ :)

So, something which was working for a year, won't be anymore.
    Young guilds I've been taking care and instructing to farm resistance to succeed in HAAT ... hmm, how to say that, sorry guys, my bad, actually it doesn't work.

1. Expose is not being removed only slightly reduced impact for Rancor and HAAT
    2. Both Raids have many options for managing.

Let's not get too sensational or hyperbolic.

RT

This is perfect time to get hyperbolic. If you would actually play this game, you would realize getting stuff is hard. We don't all have the ability to program unlimited crystals and zetas into our accounts.
    A new player, who thinks Resistance will help them in the HAAT will spend MONTHS getting the gear, stars, and zetas ready. Your "slightly" reduced impact hurts. They can't just switch to one of "many options for managing".
    I'm at a loss for non-four-letter words. You talk about a "dedicated community", but almost every single action you take is slap in our face!

i agree. my wife spent months and zeta'd Finn last week! Last week! She is finally starting to make some good progress in HAAT to get punched in the face.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    To add on to my previous comment in this thread, with so many changes I feel that the community should not have been led to believe the raid was being released in the final state and a disclaimer to exercise caution before investing in anything as the raid is still subject to change (like a beta period) seems like it was the least that could have been done.

This is just a lot of changes to announce after only a week or so of release. And, based on past history with the HAAT, and Rancor raid, dominant teams or strategies were never nerfed so it is even more natural to assume this would not have been either. The Nute Gunray understandably was nerfed in HAAT, although worrying that it was announced that this was foreseen from the developer side, but was not given any attention until someone showcased a video on youtube of it
  • Xerrath wrote: »
    I understand reducing the effectiveness of STH but with the current tear 6 it is taking people several days to complete part of the raI’d. I don’t feel reducing that many characters was needed there are no other teams pulling astronomically large numbers that could potentially break the raid. Unless health pool are dramatically dropped this is not a Feasible event to complete with our current level or gear in a timeframe that does not waste tickets generated

I'd imagine it was simply just easier to make a sweeping change.
  • WC75
    11 posts Member
    I hope our players remember, we ALWAYS try to do the best thing for the game. We have to think globally for the millions of players out there, and appreciate hearing we're aligning with players.

Cheers!
    [/quote]

Globally, at high enough levels to complete advanced raids, the millions(and millions) of players don’t need certain gears. Please play the game. [/quote]

@CG_RyDiggs Why won't the devs address the community regarding this issue? Why continue to ignore it rather than address it head on? If you want the challenge gear to continue to be part of raid rewards, say it. And, before you say it, this not off topic. This goes toward your entire point about evaluating content for the good of the game and the community. People in my guild, 126M GP strong, want to ignore this raid because their effort is not rewarded properly. Are you sure it is best for the community to not have the devs answer this question?
  • I'd like them to say that it was easier to make a sweeping change if that's the honest truth of it
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Sorry, I realize your intents are good but while challenge gear remains in all forms of raids this statement is just a flat out lie.

How many of those millions of players need more of it again?

Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT
  • @CG_RyDiggs But so, don’t you think it’s a bit ridiculous that Sion, a toon that I, and many others, payed $300 for, and others spent even more, is now not performing as you had advertised when releasing him? You see no problem with that?
  • I agree with the philosophy, however, these new changes will only highlight the poor rewards for the most challenging raid to date.
  • Before Forums: Nerf STHan and Rey!
    Devs: Okay!
    After forums: Y yOu Do ThIs

Me:lol
  • Not answering the questions
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Sorry, I realize your intents are good but while challenge gear remains in all forms of raids this statement is just a flat out lie.

Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT

You can't improve your roster with challenege gear. Which is why we don't like it being rewarded In the raids
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
    Broxxor wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Can you at least recognize what a slap in the face it is to the people who just purchased Sion? Nerfing a characters raid utility like this is insane. It makes him useless in p3 and p4.

Heya Broxx,

I see you're frustrated and I understand your sentiment. We recognize we never make changes lightly, and we understand that some have more impact than others.

We never assume changes have no impact. There is always some player positively or negatively impacted with each change.

However, to your point, Sion isn't useless. The raid is moving back to the intended design. We may have to agree to disagree on that, I understand, but I hope you know I hear your feedback.

RT

Ahhh. There it is. So you nerf expose. Now it comes out. That's your way to force us to spend money on Sion and Visas. Well not gonna happen.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member

RT

I think what you’re misunderstanding is that although there are millions of players who need that care it is available on a weekly basis multiple times from a challenge a great reward should be something not obtained anywhere but there but hold great value you have certain pieces they’re only available raids however when we get challenge gear and have 3-5000 of them it’s a huge slap in ththe face for those who have spent years developing their rosters
  • @CG_RyDiggs

Any news on the TW issues? You know the serious one really mucking up a serious aspect of the game. Complete miss matches and over done number of defenses need?
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Can we talk about how the player base found a bug in a raid to our advantage you all immediately move to fix the issue, but when its a bug against the player base (TW matching guild calcs) you all dont say a word. Seriously a 100m GP guild vs a 160m GP guild?

Also, if the bug is in the sith raid, why even bother doing anything to the other raids? Help us understand. @CG_RyDiggs
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member

RT

You missed the point. No one wants "Challenge gear" (the ubiquitous mk 3 carbanti and mk 6 hypo syringe excluded) from raids. WE HAVE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS sitting there useless. And new players don't need them from raids either. Know why? BECAUSE WE GET SO MANY FROM THE CHALLENGES.
    @CG_RyDiggs You want to show you're listening? Get challenge gear out of ALL raid rewards. (also, undo this planned expose nerf)
  • Do you have a suggestion for those of us who spent real money ($60 in my case on crystal pack and Sion) to level characters specifically for this raid for whom you have now nerfed? I'm honestly curious what you think I should do.
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    The rewards are truely underwhelming

As for the difficulty, this seems to be 100% by the book, meaning it follows the same procedure as most mmo raids releases.

Upon release raids typically cater to the most dedicated players, with the argument that newer/more casual players still could benefit from older content - Adjustments to meet a larger crowd is almost always made after a while - in the older mmos (EQ, WOW etc.) the deciding factor was time spent - now I believe pay to win is a bigger factor in the “f2p” based games, which in turn obviously affects the philosophy.

Furthermore, isn’t it pretty obvious to you all that the characters which are meant to excel in this raid are not yet in the game???

Both because it needs to generate revenue, but also since they need it to last for a while

The point is that mostly all who have posted so far, seems to be caught in the present situation, without accounting for the variables that are likely to change, based on data which for obvious reasons are not disclosed

In all likelihood the raid is well tested and with the exception of STHan is working as intended
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @CG_RyDiggs Thank you for all the replies, One question please, as a player who has invested thousands in this game (you can look at my account) do any of your staff or any employee there at CG have any real monies invested in this game as we do (not a few hundred either)? Do they play it everyday at the same level and stress us larger accounts play with? Do they feel and understand the frustration and pain of the gear grind, or lack of separation from F2P and P2P? it seems if you or they were truly invested in the game and not with a dev account everyone would truly see and understand the other side of the wall. I appreciate any comment on this.
  • ksomm5
    169 posts Member

RT

CHALLENGE GEAR!!! He’s talking about stupid challenge gear!!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018

RT
    Players running the higher tiers of the raids do not need mk4 carbantis or other challenge gear that stacks up in the thousands. Only a few pieces of challenge gear are something that should be in the rewards including MK3 Carbantis. This is not improving anyone's roster. It makes sense on the lower difficulties of the raids, but Heroic ATT, and tier 6 at least of the Sith Raid, is an obvious no.
  • Grimsblood wrote: »

I have one question that I would very much like an answer to. In light of these design philosophy changes and this quote in particular:

"Teams that can perform infinite loops within the first week of release fall within this category of “undermining the design spirit”. We consider each incident of this nature individually to determine whether corrective actions are warranted. While we do have several processes in place to prevent these interactions from making it into the live game, they unfortunately can still happen. In order to protect the integrity of the design and the experience, we will continue to actively curate the Raids (and any other content) going forward."

Will you be adjusting CLS's ability to solo an entire raid?

It seems that him and rancor will fall into this category; with the potential of a few select teams ability to either solo phases or the ENTIRE raid of HAAT.

I totally get unintended interactions (Looking at you STH) and trying to make content difficult and challenging. However, it appears that you are cherry picking what you want to address and what you do not. Instead of actually adhering to your stated philosophy. Not to mention design and mechanical oversight (strait up calling you out on the expose nerf). Expose has been in the game and functioned they way it has for quite some time. It has created situations where teams can solo phases in raids, it has been the go to for clearing tough GW nodes (zFinn anyone?). It is not a single solitary ability on a character that is old. No, it is fresh and currently relevant. Your content design failed and the player base is now being punished. While I am on this topic, can't a zFinn team create this "infinite loop" you speak of in player matches? Are we going to see Resistance changed due to your design philosophy? What about Magma trooper? Jeeze, any top end gamer worth their salt knows that % increase trump raw numbers every time.

With these changes and the stacking tenacity on the raid bosses, we are resigned to just throwing damage numbers at the raid boss and praying it goes down. I don't see any fun or engaging game play there.

Players complain about everything, it is our nature. Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong about all of this. In any event, will you be adjusting CLS's ability to solo an entire raid?

Your question is great. The unfortunately short truth is, we're constantly evaluating content and whether or not it is meeting current design goals. If our goals for the health of the game aren't being met, we'll make changes to bring them in line.

Characters, raids, marquee events, everything.

The goals shift and so our actions may shift. We'll keep you posted as BEST we can when the changes are coming.

Older content, like the Rancor Raid has different and changing goals everytime we release new characters, Territory Battles, or any other new content.

I really do wish I could have a better answer, but this has been our history and will be our future.

I hope my honesty is appreciated, as we absolutely appreciate your support of this awesome game, past, present and future.

RT

• KenLi
    55 posts Member
    What they really meant to say was...
    "We're watching you. You can play but only the way we want you to."
This discussion has been closed.