Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Okay dont be so serious guys :) and.......

NERF Rey !!!!!!!! ;)
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf expose. please

THIS IS ONLY FOR RAID BOSSES.

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.

Thanks my first FAQ :)

So, something which was working for a year, won't be anymore.
    Young guilds I've been taking care and instructing to farm resistance to succeed in HAAT ... hmm, how to say that, sorry guys, my bad, actually it doesn't work.

1. Expose is not being removed only slightly reduced impact for Rancor and HAAT
    2. Both Raids have many options for managing.

Let's not get too sensational or hyperbolic.

RT

Wrong...

For smaller guilds, it is our ONLY WAY to press through phase 2 of HAAT.

You say you were "thinking globally for millions of players" & then say the above quote? Wow =/
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Can you at least recognize what a slap in the face it is to the people who just purchased Sion? Nerfing a characters raid utility like this is insane. It makes him useless in p3 and p4.

Heya Broxx,

I see you're frustrated and I understand your sentiment. We recognize we never make changes lightly, and we understand that some have more impact than others.

We never assume changes have no impact. There is always some player positively or negatively impacted with each change.

However, to your point, Sion isn't useless. The raid is moving back to the intended design. We may have to agree to disagree on that, I understand, but I hope you know I hear your feedback.

RT

Can he get his money back?
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT

This is hard to believe for gear that is distributed in an abundance. Millions of players dont need certain gear due to unbalanced distribution of gear requirements. There is nothing more frustrating when rewards contain useless gear,
    sometimes several raids in series.

If there is a really need for certain additional challenge geat outside the challenge, it is maybe ok to include in lower tiers. But is time to make heroic raids not only heroic in difficulty but also heroic in rewards.
  • This is like watching a white house press conference. Stunning.
  • Idk why CG doesn’t just come out and say what everyone knows; they want this raid to be near impossible until they release new, shiny pay 2 win toons that are designed to beat this raid in a few months.

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Jacen_Solo wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs But so, don’t you think it’s a bit ridiculous that Sion, a toon that I, and many others, payed $300 for, and others spent even more, is now not performing as you had advertised when releasing him? You see no problem with that?

Don't worry. They'll just change the "beta content subject to change" to "anything can be changed at any time if we need more money"
    Tell me this isn't about money. I DARE you!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Pa_lin wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs

Can you at least recognize what a slap in the face it is to the people who just purchased Sion? Nerfing a characters raid utility like this is insane. It makes him useless in p3 and p4.

Heya Broxx,

I see you're frustrated and I understand your sentiment. We recognize we never make changes lightly, and we understand that some have more impact than others.

We never assume changes have no impact. There is always some player positively or negatively impacted with each change.

However, to your point, Sion isn't useless. The raid is moving back to the intended design. We may have to agree to disagree on that, I understand, but I hope you know I hear your feedback.

RT

Can he get his money back?

Yes, ithere is a law that gives rights to customers. Do You know that?
  • @CG_RyDiggs then if you’re adjusting the raids across the board, I’m hoping you’ll be adjusting the rewards across the board, making them much better.
  • It would be lovely to have been able to appreciate cg's honesty @CG_RyDiggs.

You can be dishonest by omission as well you know.

I am sure that you have stuck to your brief as much as possible and ignore or diverted from other questions that you haven't been told how to answer.

And yes you are the focus of the frustration but only because you are here.

Truth is, you have been put forward to put as positive a spin on this as possible. I for one am ok with sith raid changes. Many aren't, clearly. There is zero reason other than ease for the devs to change anything about the other raids at this point. I suspect you know this.

Thanks for your time and for putting your head above the parapet.
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    All that time and energy and money they've invested is now for naught..

Expose is not going away. :) It will be marginally impacted on previous content. You're investments will still work ;)
    You will see minimal impact. Let's circle back after the update!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Sorry, I realize your intents are good but while challenge gear remains in all forms of raids this statement is just a flat out lie.

How many of those millions of players need more of it again?

Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT

@CG_RyDiggs
    Just because millions of players need the gear doesn't mean they can use it. Your current model of having half the gear in the challenges and both in raids ensures that.
    So yeah we need lots of Mk8 BioTech Implant Salvage for example (i have 546) however that is completely useless without the MK8 BioTech Implant Prototype (I have 21). Since one is challenge gear that can be obtained 15 times a week in challenges and both can be obtained in raids guess which one the majority of players have a lot more of?? It becomes useless excess gear because we can't do anything with it till we get the other part. So if you really want to help players improve their rosters drop the challenge gear that stockpiles so we can get more of the stuff that does not. This is what is meant by drop the challenge gear from raid rewards.
  • Rework General Grievous!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Your question is great. The unfortunately short truth is, we're constantly evaluating content and whether or not it is meeting current design goals. If our goals for the health of the game aren't being met, we'll make changes to bring them in line.

Characters, raids, marquee events, everything.

The goals shift and so our actions may shift. We'll keep you posted as BEST we can when the changes are coming.

Older content, like the Rancor Raid has different and changing goals everytime we release new characters, Territory Battles, or any other new content.

I really do wish I could have a better answer, but this has been our history and will be our future.

I hope my honesty is appreciated, as we absolutely appreciate your support of this awesome game, past, present and future.

RT

It's certainly appreciated. If only you directly address what's presented to you as the big challenge gear problem in raid prizes you'll win over much of the community. That's plain out bad design in principle and practise.

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    STH happens to be the login character, what a coincidence!
  • Lol. Are you serious?

Sith/Empire are useless due to insane tenacity levels.

The only team that does real in this raid is JTrey and you're lowering that teams overall damage.

OG resistance is trash for the same reason Empire/Sith are trash. Can'tstick exposes on bosses with 4 billion tenacity.

So are you going to give us characters that are actually viable in this raid or are you intentionally making heroic impossible?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Emmant wrote: »
    The rewards are truely underwhelming

As for the difficulty, this seems to be 100% by the book, meaning it follows the same procedure as most mmo raids releases.

Upon release raids typically cater to the most dedicated players, with the argument that newer/more casual players still could benefit from older content - Adjustments to meet a larger crowd is almost always made after a while - in the older mmos (EQ, WOW etc.) the deciding factor was time spent - now I believe pay to win is a bigger factor in the “f2p” based games, which in turn obviously affects the philosophy.

Furthermore, isn’t it pretty obvious to you all that the characters which are meant to excel in this raid are not yet in the game???

Both because it needs to generate revenue, but also since they need it to last for a while

The point is that mostly all who have posted so far, seems to be caught in the present situation, without accounting for the variables that are likely to change, based on data which for obvious reasons are not disclosed

In all likelihood the raid is well tested and with the exception of STHan is working as intended
    I don't mind a challenge. And the raid was challenging already at T6 for my guild of nearly 140mGP. We failed our Heroic attempt. No problem with that, challenge is good. The game's characters will expand and we'll get more gear and we'll get there eventually. I understand nerfing the unintended STH mechanic. But the expose and NS Zombie change is being changed as well and that's Mike Mularkey.
    I don't think you were around when HAAT launched. It took many guilds a literal month to get through t6 AAT. With these changes, you may see that again in STR. We're moving backward, not forwards. I'm starting to regret the money I've spent on this game. We're beta testers and always have been. Tired of it.
  • This is like watching a white house press conference. Stunning.

This. You mean to tell me they haven’t hired someone to post this stuff so the poor developer doesn’t have to give us these ridiculously ignorant answers himself. I can tell you, my developers would never be put into the fire like this.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs

Heya Broxx,

RT

How is taking away a huge part of his kit (reaction to damage) not a massive nerf ? I'm with you guys on the sthan thing, while it's within the parameters, it needed to be fixed. I think the expose is ****, but I'll hold my ire for that until I see how it's implemented. Maybe it evens out.

But I just bought a character based on an advertised kit and now you're telling me that a portion of their kit will be rendered ineligible in a major portion of the game. That's false advertising and horrible, imo. I feel ripped off.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Lol. Are you serious?

Sith/Empire are useless due to insane tenacity levels.

The only team that does real in this raid is JTrey and you're lowering that teams overall damage.

OG resistance is trash for the same reason Empire/Sith are trash. Can'tstick exposes on bosses with 4 billion tenacity.

So are you going to give us characters that are actually viable in this raid or are you intentionally making heroic impossible?

Even the vaunted REBELS are trash because of the insane tenacity levels. CLS Jyn R2... garbage in the STR raid now.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Sorry, I realize your intents are good but while challenge gear remains in all forms of raids this statement is just a flat out lie.

Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

RT

@CG_RyDiggs

Your response here just shows how out of touch you are with the game.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

RT

Ahhh wha? Definitely missed what I was referring to.

Challenge gear that we get in the daily challenges is included in raids. We all have thousands of it already. It's useless.

I came first nearly every time for a period of over 30 raids in HAAT. Got challenge gear every time and often 2 slots were filled with it.

I'm not saying that HAAT and PIT are useless for raids, I'm saying that including gear that we get every day and no toon actually uses is absolutely something that benefits nobody in the game.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Oops, my quote
    scuba wrote: »

RT

@CG_RyDiggs
    Just because millions of players need the gear doesn't mean they can use it. Your current model of having half the gear in the challenges and both in raids ensures that.
    So yeah we need lots of Mk8 BioTech Implant Salvage for example (i have 546) however that is completely useless without the MK8 BioTech Implant Prototype (I have 21). Since one is challenge gear that can be obtained 15 times a week in challenges and both can be obtained in raids guess which one the majority of players have a lot more of?? It becomes useless excess gear because we can't do anything with it till we get the other part. So if you really want to help players improve their rosters drop the challenge gear that stockpiles so we can get more of the stuff that does not. This is what is meant by drop the challenge gear from raid rewards.

This is an important point, which I forgot about in my previous comment about challenge gear. Hits the nail on the head.

Just want to also add that so far I haven't found this discussion informative since the only questions that matter to me personally have been ignored or evaded, though I do understand how these things work and needing the approval before giving out certain answers and having a script prepared, which is common practice.
  • If it's intended to be a challenge, just get rid of the raid reward model and make it like TB/TW.

Raids were never fair to begin with bc you always had to be around at the right time, you had to wait for people to zero, try and fail to create fair access to phases....etc, etc.

Trying to manage it all at the guild level is a pain and annoying and having experienced a better model having to go back is annoying.
    iN Spectre
  • In would still like the truth on why expose is being nerfed. Since you're being honest and all. I don't want your political answer, I want the real answer. No body has complained about it, it wasn't broken. So why? Also since we're being all honest here. Why can't we walk our own path. I for one don't need you guys holding my hand. I'm a big boy, I can walk on my own 2 feet. I hate the fact that you guys are always interfering with our progress. Can we not have a little freedom here? Back off of us and let us play. Stop playing God. Just let us play our way. So, since we're being "honest" and all, do I get an answer or do I get ignored?
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    GRTL wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat will this also affect zfinn teams in HAAT?

I'm told it shouldn't but we reserve the right impact HAAT if it brings the new content inline with design goals.

So... 'probably not'.

RT
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    Zapdoszaps wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf expose. please

THIS IS ONLY FOR RAID BOSSES.

This is not nerfing expose for other areas of the game.

Thanks my first FAQ :)

So, something which was working for a year, won't be anymore.
    Young guilds I've been taking care and instructing to farm resistance to succeed in HAAT ... hmm, how to say that, sorry guys, my bad, actually it doesn't work.

1. Expose is not being removed only slightly reduced impact for Rancor and HAAT
    2. Both Raids have many options for managing.

Let's not get too sensational or hyperbolic.

RT

That was a quick turn around, "shouldn't" to "slight impact" in half an hour. If I hang round for a bit will it be "massive impact"?

Maybe? (j/k sorry if
    Im totally shocked this announcement wasnt released on Friday at 5pm! Did you lose a bet or something CG_RyDiggs?

I wanted to get it early enough for me to spend a few hours with all of you :)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Unfortunately they will not be giving us the answers we are looking for we all know that they look at these comments they read them and then they provide a nonchalant political answer that only slightly covers what we were talking about as to not cause further to debate however what this actually does show us that not only are you not listening to the community you’re only looking at what you want to look at there has not been a single positive piece of Feedback regarding this
  • 'With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play.'

Then why was everybody able to dominate every phase with, arguably, the most META team AKA Jedi Training Rey?!
    Glad you guys didn't playtest this enough before releasing the raid so that some of us lower GP guilds could enjoy it for a week.
  • @CG_RyDiggs Will we be receiving refunds of our zetas?
This discussion has been closed.