Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• KenLi wrote: »
    What they really meant to say was...
    "We're watching you. You can play but only the way we want you to."

Yep exactly what im thinking play freely but....you won't be revelent unless you use current $1,000 meta team
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Shanara68 wrote: »
    All that time and energy and money they've invested is now for naught..

Expose is not going away. :) It will be marginally impacted on previous content. You're investments will still work ;)
    You will see minimal impact. Let's circle back after the update!

RT

My question is how are you guys surprised that JTR and squad achieve as much damage as they do in the raid?

You guys didn't test your flagship hero to see how she performed in the new raid?

Seems like you had to know that jtr performed better than the other teams. This move really looks like a punitive action against the community because some members complained about jtr being the only useful team.

It comes off looking very very petty.

You're missing what they are doing. This has nothing to do w/ complaints about JTR... this has EVERYTHING to do with selling toons yet to be released that are tailor specifically to doing higher dmg on this raid.

JTR brings no more $$ to the table. New toons, however?
  • Nerfing expose is completely unnecessary. The raid is difficult enough as it is and you're stripping damage from teams that people have worked their **** off to get. (Jtr/bb8).

I completely understand st han but expose? Pretty insulting.
  • This is like watching a white house press conference. Stunning.

I'm sorry it feels that way. We're working to be as forthcoming as we can, and I'm working to answer questions I can. It is certainly not the most popular news, but I'm dedicated to the near future to attempt to answer and respond.

Still, I take your sentiment, and hope the difference is our commitment to staying and clarifying.

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Craxane
    15 posts Member
    That's not the truth. You're not sorry at all
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Sneekypete wrote: »
    KenLi wrote: »
    What they really meant to say was...
    "We're watching you. You can play but only the way we want you to."

Yep exactly what im thinking play freely but....you won't be revelent unless you use current $1,000 meta team
    Why would they change? As long as there are compulsive customers willing to spend 300 dolars (that is more than 4 AAA games combined) just to unlock a single character they will keep doing this.

• I mean, let’s be honest here, even with JTR, 99% of Guilds were nowhere near being able to do Heroic. So, why change anything?
  • CG can still undo this. If they had any common sense. Lots of people will quit over this. So, you may want to rethink this whole strategy.
  • So just throwing more fuel in the fire of OP toons in raids.... Wampa can solo p4 of Haat.....WAI? When's his nerf coming
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Kal_Eb wrote: »
    I agree with the philosophy, however, these new changes will only highlight the poor rewards for the most challenging raid to date.

I'm sorry the raid will miss your expectations. We do know it is the most challenging one to date, and hope the next one is more in line with your expectations. Your feedback is recognized.

RT

What is wrong with you? I'll try and translate what he said so you don't miss it a 43rd time...

In a game we play called Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes we have to finished "daily activities".
    One of these "activities" is called "gear challenges".
    Your most challenging raid yet rewards us with THE SAME GEAR AS THE DAILY GEAR CHALLENGES .

I'm starting to think you are doing this because you think it is funny. It is not.
  • Notworking
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT[/quote]

I am pleased to see the acknowledgement that millions of players need gear, does that mean there is a fix for "chokepoint gear" and when can we request/donate all gear?
  • Mab77
    32 posts Member
    Rey had like a one month run as the arena meta. That was eased by the fact she was going to be raid meta. Now your nerf that! Remind me why I spent money on her. I guess that I wont make that mistake again.
  • ksomm5
    169 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Kal_Eb wrote: »
    I agree with the philosophy, however, these new changes will only highlight the poor rewards for the most challenging raid to date.

I'm sorry the raid will miss your expectations. We do know it is the most challenging one to date, and hope the next one is more in line with your expectations. Your feedback is recognized.

RT

What is wrong with you? I'll try and translate what he said so you don't miss it a 43rd time...

In a game we play called Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes we have to finished "daily activities".
    One of these "activities" is called "gear challenges".
    Your most challenging raid yet rewards us with THE SAME GEAR AS THE DAILY GEAR CHALLENGES .

I'm starting to think you are doing this because you think it is funny. It is not.

I’d like to +1 this 1 million times.
  • @CG_RyDiggs. Since you don't respond to mine, how about this one?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play.
    I didn't realize ST Han was meta

Glad you fellas decided to make a more balanced edit to Traya in the raid, and the health pool, hope rewards get a buff too to remove challenge gear

I hope our players remember, we ALWAYS try to do the best thing for the game. We have to think globally for the millions of players out there, and appreciate hearing we're aligning with players.

Cheers!

Globally, at high enough levels to complete advanced raids, the millions(and millions) of players don’t need certain gears. Please play the game.

Millions won't be playing for long.

I have a bad feeling about this, but the Game is currently down...
    Has been down for about 4 hours (as reported by my guild mates, and hundreds on forum threads).
    Nobody can get in to place defense on TW or climb arena and collect rewards, etc... nothing.

To go over the change to expose... A blanket "fix" for a mechanic that is essential to the game (in the raids) is NOT the way you should be 'patching' a game. As a program developer, I test a regression of everything I ever intended to function when creating and editing content/functionality. If you didn't test ST Han before releasing him as the monthly character, OR didn't foresee everyone and their mother run JTR into phase 1 to counter Nihilus's protection regeneration, OR couldn't foresee many of the other mechanics I will not rat about, Why bother releasing the raid? do more testing. We are a patient community, proven in our ability to receive your bull**** with more and more distaste, whilst still playing the game.
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The more this interaction continues the more I see a lot of parrelells with politics; a lot of words, but very little substance. You say you want to communicate, well here we are--as we always are on these forums--trying to do just that, and it's like you've turned your reading comprehension down to a third grade level.

All we want is real, honest communcation. If we don't understand something, then help us understand; we're not dumb, and many of us are adults. Have a little faith in us, and we'll have a little faith in you. Right now people are upset, and if you want to change that it's time to have a real conversation. Relax, loosen up a little; pretend we're at a bar, or in some other informal setting where you can have a real conversation with us without reading off your "customer service script."

Enough shallow, meaningless platitudes.
  • SantaDoc wrote: »
    So the last few months we've seen massive player burnout and top tier players quitting the game over **** like this.... Do you guys really hate your jobs that much that you want more of us top end players to quit??? Great job guys keep it up!!! 3 shard mates just quit today and I know they were spending close to 1k a month.

That's a full time employee at least there... Maybe CG/EA will listen now?
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • Lol. You removed it. Good move.
  • Hello all,

Setting expectations here:

1. I'm out of the office tonight in 30 mins (7PM), HOWEVER, I'll be back in this thread tomorrow ~ 10AM and we will continue.

2. Your great questions allowed me to get these clarifications, I hope they help for tomorrow's discussion:

CLARIFICATION:
    The planned changes are designed to guard against STHan exploiting an infinite Turn Meter loop in Phases 3 and 4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Consequently, those units with “on-damage” turn meter effects will see a change in performance in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

I hope you all have a great evening and look forward to continuing tomorrow!

Ryan Thomas
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs I just have one question.

I personally think the rewards for this raid are amazing and you guys did an awesome job making it worthwhile. It seems ppl are so extremely upset over the challenge gear being a reward they can't see the huge improvement in rewards compared to other raids.

So with that said would it be a huge issue to removed challenge gear if it made 99% of the user base extremely happy? ( and would win you over many ppl). Just my thoughts, but i still think u guys deserve credit for the improved rewards.
    Thanks for you time
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hello all,

1. I'm out of the office tonight in 30 mins (7PM), HOWEVER, I'll be back in this thread tomorrow ~ 10AM and we will continue.

2. Your great questions allowed me to get these clarifications, I hope they help for tomorrow's discussion:

CLARIFICATION:
    The planned changes are designed to guard against STHan exploiting an infinite Turn Meter loop in Phases 3 and 4 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. Consequently, those units with “on-damage” turn meter effects will see a change in performance in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” effects applying resistible effects are performing very close to previous levels in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Current testing indicates those units with “on-damage” healing effects are less survivable in Phases 3 and 4. These units are unaffected in Phases 1 and 2.

Ryan Thomas

That's not hitting on why exposed is being nerfed. Stoo playing dodge ball
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    Lol. TBH, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed by now.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The expose is an exploit but the kylo auto’ing phase 1 of HAAT, or certain teams using turn meter to auto the entire rancor raid is not an exploit? Why not “fix/nerf” those to. Just make the game so hard and annoying that we are just forced to auto fight the entire game. Heck maybe we can sim raid fights to. Why not. I know I am to the point that I do not want to put any resources into a char or team anymore. As soon as it’s good it will just be nerfed.
  • So @CG_RyDiggs can you can clarify what the exact changes are to expose are on raid bosses? For example if it's a reduction in the percentile damage to a raid boss then I can see it having quite a large impact on damage on haat in p2/4. Also upset that this has also nerfed the one team that seemed to be doing Well, jtr, even though the majority of players haven't got her yet.

Also saying it will have minimal impact on the rancor is silly. Find me one team that uses expose for the rancor to solo. All that ends up with is a big nasty resistance pile in a heap.

Now waiting for buffs given by debuffs on toons to be nerfed so wamapander doesn't work.. even though most won't have 7* wampa for haat
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Can we get kozi back? You guys are letting this power go to your heads.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Bringing content in alignment with design goals is good for the game. Regarding Pit and AAT, try out the changes and see if it is the impact you believe it to be.

Millions of players need the gear, which keeps the game healthy and growing as they all work to make improvements.

I may have missed the point, but I think we agree, millions of players playing to improve their rosters is good for the game?

RT

You missed the point. No one wants "Challenge gear" (the ubiquitous mk 3 carbanti and mk 6 hypo syringe excluded) from raids. WE HAVE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS sitting there useless. And new players don't need them from raids either. Know why? BECAUSE WE GET SO MANY FROM THE CHALLENGES.
    @CG_RyDiggs You want to show you're listening? Get challenge gear out of ALL raid rewards. (also, undo this planned expose nerf)

I wanna go back to the good old days of being able to SELL GEAR FOR CREDITS XD... back when the meta was Chewbacca lead
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • Thank you to EA and CG! It’s fantastic they do this! It will always remain a fun challenge!
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    Hello all,

CLARIFICATION:

Ryan Thomas

That's not hitting on why exposed is being nerfed. Stoo playing dodge ball

ST Han isn't intended to have an infinite loop. (Sorry for short response, going fast).
  • Banth wrote: »
    Hakalugy wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs you guys had to assume that there wouldn't be a friendly response to this. You're basically saying that toons have abilities until you guys decide they don't.

Note, all changes are in mind to be for the long term good of the game. A healthy game and dedicated community are the key to success.

RT

Let’s talk about a community for a second. And let’s talk about how now the community is no longer sharing any comps with anyone outside of their guilds for fear that the devs will get wind of a good, WAI team and it’ll get nerfed.

This may or may not even be happening as we speak with guilds that have found exploits and are able to take advantage of it for high scores and are keeping tight lipped about it because they rightfully feel cheated already and know that if WAI teams that work will get nerfed in a day that exploit-y teams surely will.

But we’ll never know will we? The scoreboards are meaningless now because exploits will stay hidden and you’ve dissolved the entire community in one fell swoop. No one shares teams for fear of reprisals, and they’re right in doing so. There’s absolutely no way you can spin that to make it seem okay. Let’s call it what it is, bad game design/testing and caring about selling new raid toons more than the players. Plain and simple.

Game will be super competitive then!
  • @CG_RyDiggs

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that recently the "game changers" were flown out to CG headquarters to be shown the new changes. They weren't allowed raid testing and as a result did not expect the raid to be launched for another few months. It was promptly launched within a week or two of them getting back. If the raid was that close to finished it would have made sense to allow them some testing time with it and then you might have potentially had these issues found out (how they weren't found out in your own testing is beyond me but things get overlooked its understandable). It seems like the attempt here was to lower the expectation (on when the raid would be launched) and then launch it early to really boost excitement. Instead it would have been better to have outside minds test the raid and theorycraft for you and probably find the issue that has now had to be fixed causing a massive uproar. Would be interesting to know why the game changers didn't get to test the game at that time when clear gameplay was available for them to see.
This discussion has been closed.