Territory Wars: Matchmaking post 3/1 update

Prev13456
Greetings Holotable Heroes,

In the most recent Version Update, we made some under the hood changes to our matchmaking formula. Some of you have noticed the changes and we appreciate your feedback!

We are actively reviewing impacts of the change on the live environment (and if any further changes are warranted). We won’t be making changes for the current round of Territory Wars, however, I will keep you posted with any changes we deem necessary here.

Fight on heroes!

RT
Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Replies

• JalenVane
    48 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    A few guildmates of mine couldnt see the Territory Wars event and they couldnt join in. Did this happened to someone else? If so please say so to see if it was a glitch!
  • BOT
    55 posts Member
    Had a few in my guild that last TW it didnt appear but it appeared for them this time.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    When did they look? Signup closed yesterday.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Are they above the minimum level to join??

This will also probably get moved to the feedback section. The mods and devs do actually look in there so don't be afraid to put it in therr
  • They looked the last two days
    TVF wrote: »
    When did they look? Signup closed yesterday.

• Yeah everyone in our guild is 80+
    Are they above the minimum level to join??

This will also probably get moved to the feedback section. The mods and devs do actually look in there so don't be afraid to put it in therr

• I am also having this problem as well as several guild members
  • There are so many complaints about the constant mismatching of guilds in TW, when are we going to see a fix for this?
    I for one love the TW process but the constant mismatching is sucking the fun out of the game. This has the potential to bring the best part of the game but at the minute it’s the worst.
    My guild Jed I Powers is 73 GP and we’ve just been match against a guild which is 100 GP. Really?
    We’ve been lucky in the past and defeated guilds stronger than by 10-12 GP but this is borderline unfair.
    Come on SWGOH/EA let’s get this sorted. Make the matching even and this will be brilliant.
    Happy to discuss with anyone on discord.gg/qtq5NJE
    Leada Cagos#2462
  • It is CG/EA what did you expect?
  • I can see the hate from your eyes, Grand Admiral.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    And compensate all of us who are getting screwed by your bugs in the system. There are tons of guilds experiencing this and it needs addressed through communication and compensation. This is getting out of control. The last two TW have had a GP disparity of over 25 million.

It was fine before, and now you broke it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    its being looked at and we are told that a message will be coming, but the fix will not change the current TW.
  • Minired
    22 posts Member
    I have to agree totally.
    We have done better this time only 18 mill diffrence this time..wow thanks .
    Are these big guilds enjoying wiping our maps .. and collecting the zetas without breaking into a sweat .we are a 75mil GP guild and i wouldn't be happy if we got a 60mill guild either .there would be little point .
    If this carries on .could i suggest a sim button for the war get the pain over with quicker .
  • I contacted help.ea.com. for having a 37million power gap between guilds for this territory war. the response I received was to log out of the game for an hour, log back in and check app purchases to increase performance. I find this completely unacceptable as a response, and then when i asked for him to explain how this could possibly solve the issue, he said "I don't know why you are not understanding this simple thing."
  • Just dropped my ticket, let's see what they'll tell me.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Don't worry about it! They're neutering ST Han in the Sith Raid. Doesn't that make you feel better?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • The biggest problem that I have with the exchange, is that I was essentially told that I would need to spend money, to increase my performance.
  • How do you find the GP of your opponent? We are in setup phase and I don't see this info anywhere.
  • I used the guild search tool, that is in game
  • Last week we pulled TI echo who have 15m GP over us, this week we got an opponent that has 30m less GP than us... is this being addressed?
  • okay, our opponent has some goofy characters i cant seem to search on, so cant find them. :(
  • the guild search feature doesn't always work well
  • Daxtercelebi
    249 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    According to the devs yes they did address this before the sith raid was released but right now there is a more pressing matter of nerfing stormtrooper han
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Let me get this straight they had the forums burning over the weekend and instead of trying to form a solid answer over the two and a half days they had to give us an answer they just sat on it? How do these people stay employed? Literally we all need to vent to Disney who is supposedly mulling pulling the exclusive license rights from these bad developers.
  • This week, with the "30 million less" GP guild, how many of your players didn't join?

Supposedly, match making only takes into account those that join, and not actual guild GP. The typical rant post here on the forums is from guilds that are outclassed, so I'm curious to hear of it from the other side.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it is being examined, we are waiting to get a response beyond this.
  • We got placed with a guild with 25m gp. We r in contact with them and all 50 of there players r playing. In my arena shard and guild mates arena shards this is happening tons with this tw.
  • Minired
    22 posts Member
    You have to keep refreshing serch till you find them .it does not allways show in first screen
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    We are facing Tİ they have 30M more GP then ours, how can we face them with so much difference? You guys do great job with new contents but the bugs kill them.
  • Minired
    22 posts Member
    When typing in search .hold finger on touch screen keyboard . Then option will appear for that letter