Anyone else find this raid unfun?

Replies

• Yes
    The new raid ( with its pathetic rewards ) is by far the biggest fail sence the pvp Tauny.

by far
    by far
    BY FAR THE BIGGEST FAIL
  • Yes
    Remove Nihilus protection regain, and make it a little easier to apply debuffs like DOT's etc and dont speed the bosses up for every attack would help a little
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Yes
    I don't think the raid is actually to bad but its defo not good.

But considering they say they put "over a year" of work into it, its absolutely awful. Its clear this is a filthy lie and was most likely rushed beginning after NY. They also clearly did no testing of the raid themselves.

They also have constantly contradicted themselves with this raid. Classic example being StHan....
    finding your own strategies outside the meta is the "spirit" of raids...

"unintended strategy" erm... change the raid aka the new content like every other game does, not the already existing content that has worked for years. Don't force your average content on loyal players.

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »
    I think people are missing the point that you aren't supposed to do a large amount of damage with one team, no matter how far over the recommended you are. Did 2%? good. Now if your guild members do the same, phase is done.

I would be down for it being more like TB where rewards are equal tho. That'd be dope

I think you're missing the point if you think the point people are making revolves around doing large damage with a single team.

I think their point is this raid is designed for everyone to contribute. This raid is a test of your roster the same way HAAT was when originally released. People's rosters will expand and it will get easier over time.

I agree the rewards aren't great given the level of effort.

I REALLY like the idea of changing the reward format to being more inclusive. Maybe not equal rewards across the entire guild (because there will be a lot of freeloaders), but maybe do 5 tiers of rewards. Everyone between 1-10 gets the same, 11 - 20, 21 - 30, and so on.

I also think the Traya shards should be equal across all participants. If this is truly designed to be a guild collaboration raid, why penalize players with fewer rewards. Let's say you have a great team for P3, but your guild asks you to use them in P2 to benefit the whole? You'd probably do less damage, but benefit the guild.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Love the new raid.

It’s difficult and that sucks but it’s super fun to work through the different teams on my roster to see what team does best. I know that sooner or later, just like the other raids, it will get cracked with the perfect lineup so it’s about being patient and trying new ways to have fun with it.

Thumbs up!

See, that's the problem I actually have with this raid. We are already finding out what the "ideal" teams are and what the MO should be. Because it is so RNG dependent (especially in phases 2-4) - who gets ability blocked, who gets dazed, etc. - it has now become even more boring than previous raids, as you have to go in multiple times and just wait for the RNG to work out your way.

To me, having a strategy that works only 5% of the time due to RNG, so you have to keep retreating and starting over is far more unfun than a strategy that works 100% of the time. Either way, you are not "playing" - you're just maxing your damage. At least the first way (the other two raids) you only have to do it once. The new raid you have to keep attacking and retreating, waiting for good RNG. Same result, less fun and takes longer.

That's not progress, as far as raid design. Especially if there is one toon/team that is 5 times more effective than all others.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I totally despise this horsekittens of a raid especially Nihilus and his anihilate ability that you never know when its gonna go off,think you timed it right,nope..restart..we started on tier 5,i cant wait til its over so we can just play tier 1...rewards are probably the same and i hope it doesnt take 2 weeks to complete...what a slogfest.
  • Yes and no. I absolutely love that they're pulling more from KOTOR, and I'm fond of mechanics that (in theory) require you to plan and think as you play instead of just finding the one or two teams that work and then just mindlessly doing the same thing over and over. I don't even mind the lack of an escape mechanic for a raid that (again, in theory) requires use of its mechanics to fight the bosses rather than finding a cheesy strategy to beat it. But now comes the part where I have to complain, which I hate having to do since I love so much of the theme and characters associated with this raid. The bosses have so many counters to common strategies that the majority of teams are not viable. Teams that use debuffs are all but useless because of the stacking tenacity. Characters that multi-attack are more of a hindrance than a help. "Looming threat" style characters (Wampa, Farmboy Luke, characters that build up increased damage over time) don't have enough time to ramp up their damage because their teammates get in the way by causing damage that increases the speed of the bosses. Speedy characters don't matter because they just make the bosses that much faster when they attack frequently. The COLOSSAL health pools of the bosses mean you need characters that do insane damage, but most of those do so via a "gimmick" of some sort that is nullified by one of the above problems. Apparently even high level guilds are struggling with the heroic, mandating perfect coordination with 50 people that all have hefty rosters. People with less coordinated guilds and/or those where not every player is active or useful at those high levels are out of luck. I can't imagine that I'll ever unlock Traya with my current guild unless years pass and the level/gear caps increase (assuming as well that my guildmates actually stick around that long and gear up the needed characters). I don't want to leave my guild, even to get one of my favorite characters for a triumvirate team I've fantasized about for years. I like my guild. They're not the best, but I've been with them since essentially day one of guilds. Yet I don't see another option. Frankly all of this has worn me down as far as the game is concerned. I was really excited for the new raid and characters, but now that's mostly eclipsed by the demoralizing prospect that parts of the game that I was most interested in may be completely inaccessible.

I agree 100%. This raid has essentially killed medium and small guilds more than tb or tw could ever have done. The devs have made it so your guild needs to have over 100mm gp just to have a crack at heroic. Thats so wrong in so many ways. Then you nerf any and all strategy thats being crafted. I mean the st.han team actually requires so much end game materials that its not a Cheat but something that actually worked so u have to take it away. Probably bc you can get all the toons f2p.... its just sad. I loved the concept. Loved the characters. Love the kotor era. Then you essentially beat us down to the point that the raid has become unplayable and unenjoyable within 2 weeks of release. Please go back to the drawing board and fix this thing, as well as please consider your player base more in the future. Remember, we are the reason this game is successful, not the other way around. Without us, you wouldnt have jobs. Otherwise you may wake up one day and realized that the beautiful thing you were a part of crafting and creating is dead and gone bc of simple greed.
  • Yes
    Too long, too little strat, and the rewards at the end are terrible and do not equate to the time spent finishing it.

Not fun.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    I'm sure others feel the same as me: all I see with this raid is just a huge wasted opportunity. It seems so lazy and cynical.

THIS IS A STAR WARS GAME. Do you know how many raids- actual raids similar to the military definition of a raid- take place in Star Wars? If not "raids" then infiltrations, frontal attacks, envelopments, etc. Stuff that should involve a whole guild of people, not something that could be an arena battle.

The Death Star, Endor, Scarif, Starkiller Base, Hoth, etc.

Like the AAT tank, you could do a combo ground and fleet raid on a star destroyer, for example.

Scarrif could involve ships dogfighting to destroy the shield then ground troops on the beach.

The possibilities are endless. This just seems so lazy in comparison even to previous raids. They're playable characters... Except with MOOOOOORE HEEEEEEAAAALTH! Lame.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yes
    I'm sure others feel the same as me: all I see with this raid is just a huge wasted opportunity. It seems so lazy and cynical.

THIS IS A STAR WARS GAME. Do you know how many raids- actual raids similar to the military definition of a raid- take place in Star Wars? If not "raids" then infiltrations, frontal attacks, envelopments, etc. Stuff that should involve a whole guild of people, not something that could be an arena battle.

The Death Star, Endor, Scarif, Starkiller Base, Hoth, etc.

Like the AAT tank, you could do a combo ground and fleet raid on a star destroyer, for example.

Scarrif could involve ships dogfighting to destroy the shield then ground troops on the beach.

The possibilities are endless. This just seems so lazy in comparison even to previous raids. They're playable characters... Except with MOOOOOORE HEEEEEEAAAALTH! Lame.

This. 1,000 times, this. Instead of seeing Raids as opportunity to create new and interesting content, it seems as though the MO is simply to trot out the same basic model (3-4 phases, each one harder than the last, pound against a brick wall until done) with more health. And still nothing more for ships. They were released 18 months ago, and aside from a single capital ship and a few minor ship releases, they have done absolutely nothing with it.

This new raid could have been awesome, but instead of meeting the "Challenge accepted" we got "more of the same."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yes
    I am an officer in a 63M GP guild. We attempted a T6 raid when the raid was launched and quickly discovered there was no way we stood a chance beating it in the month of March with only two members having JTR.

We scaled back to T3 to see what that was like. Beat the raid in about 2 days. The rewards were absolute junk.

We launched a T5 last Monday (seven days ago) and we just hit P3 last night...

I do not mind a challenge. I remember when our guild was not ready for Heroic Pit and we prepared for it. I remember when our guild was not HAAT ready. We spent months preparing for it. It is still too early for me to say it is a lost cause on this raid because minus JTR, no one has figured it out. I get the design concept. If one member can do 2 percent damage then multiply by 50 and voila phase done. But after two weeks of trying different things no one, minus JTR teams, seems to be able to pull off a fraction of that 2 percent because of the insane mechanics of the raid.

Stacking tenacity, insane health pool, basic attacks that punish you after several uses, unable to apply debuffs, unable to apply TM reduction, and the list just goes on and on. Who was this raid designed for? For a competitive F2P guild the answer, in my opinion, is it was not.

Simply put, in its current form, it is a chore. A time grind. And it lacks any satisfaction because the reward payout is CHALLENGE gear. For a raid of this magnitude how in the world can you think challenge gear is a viable payout. I just do not understand the vision for this raid.

We will be dropping back to a T3 or T4 raid whenever we finish our current week long T5 raid. No one in my guild is having fun in this one. And that is a problem...
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Yes
    It could have been more fun if it was implemented better. In its current form, it's all about brute force, barring a few combos that seem to do ok. But generally speaking they need to make some tweaks so that it doesn't rely on just throwing waves of toons to chip away at some impossibly difficult bosses.
  • Jorus
    14 posts Member
    I think the problem lies within the design group and their interaction with the gamechangers and a smaller degree within this forum.

The content is boring, and the RAID itself just Meh!

Only a very small portion of the community can even relate to the KOTOR game, I played it back in the day, but to me it was not very memorable, the characters are not well know in the greater Fandom and the Game was not that great! SO taking that game a a premise for a RAID was probably a miss-step. If you consider all of the possibilities inside just the movies for RAID plots, there was never a need to go outside to an obscure game! The Star Wars universe is so dense just from the films, so much potential to have a raid based on movie content that everyone can relate to, as well as characters that are easily identifiable and known! This is why when the Gamechangers start pushing their own agenda (Revan), I cringe! Look at the existing Raids, Pit is Lukes escape from Jaba, this could have been enhanced with a sail-barge portion as part of a mythic RAID. Look at the ATT, this is Anikins escape for Genosis, should have included the Nexus and an arena escape! New content aside, the Sith Raid does not even produce anything the coincides with the content of the game it takes charcters and just lumps them together.

Even on the Dark-side, they could have gone in so many other directions within the confines of the movies. COuld the fall of the knights of Ren been a raid? Could the Destruction of the Death Star been incorporated into a character/Ship Raid? Could the Battle of Endor and the destruction of the second Death Star been made into a raid? COuld any of these proposed RAIDs genera new modes and included ships?

SOmetimes Dev just outsmart themselves, Keep It Simple usually works well!

Jorus
  • Yes
    It could have been more fun if it was implemented better. In its current form, it's all about brute force, barring a few combos that seem to do ok. But generally speaking they need to make some tweaks so that it doesn't rely on just throwing waves of toons to chip away at some impossibly difficult bosses.

I also don't get their galactic hero bonuses. The buffs to cls are laughably low considering the raid mechanics.

Phase 1 seems to be the worst where DN basically hard counters every mechanic of good toons except expose.
  • As a fan of the kotor series I think the raid has great potential but is implimented horribly. Especially phase 1 where DN basically has a soft or hard counter to 90% of meta toon mechanics. That's topping off the fact that the tier descriptions don't matchup at all with the difficulty. Like on tier 4 my g11, 7*, leven 85 rebels are doing ~.05% damage per attack on a tier supposidly balanced for 4*, g8, level 70 toons. When my toons exceed the tier description by so much I expect they'd be doing 2-5% damage per attack and I can't imagine how impossibly long it would take with toons that only meet the tier minimum.
    Thank you, I am so glad that I am not the only person that feels this way.

My Guild, overall, is a newer Guild, so we are only doing Tier II. That is for 2* L50 G6 toons. Yet I bring in 5* to 7* G7-8 toons over level 60, and I don't feel like I am actually doing anything.

• Other(explain)
    How do you define “fun”? Throw a team and then solo one entire phase is fun. Really? People have been asking for a hard raid because many players can solo both HPit and HAAT now. Saying it is no fun is basically complaining it’s too hard. Many don’t have the right teams to deal a lot of damage, that’s understandable, and I m one of the many players, too. But this Raid is going to be better when we get the right toons ready, and then get used to the strategies more. It’s just the beginning. Did you like the Rancor or Tank Raid when it just came out? Because those were not as hard.
  • Yes
    I don't mind a difficult raid that takes days to finish if I can use my characters abilities and get decent rewards for it
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    No
    I just want to share how impressed I am by how much work went into this raid and how much it accomplishes - not to mention how good it looks.

This is a huge step for us Heroes players, to have an event with so many unique abilities and features. This one will really force us to develop new strategies, and master the mechanics in order to be victorious.

Well done EACG; I hope this raid is successful - which I know isn't determined by a few forum trolls like myself xD
  • Yes
    Remove Nihlus protection crap and I would love it. I understand some teams should work better than others, but some teams do 500k in damage only to post a 0 in T6+ because of his protection gain. That is just dumb.
  • Yes
    Been playing since launch and enjoying all the content as it's released... I hated how hard the AAT raid was when it first came out, but maxed squads we're still able to do something.

5 fully maxed G12 toons with ?6 ZETAs between them barely scratch Nihilus in phase 1. That goes for about 3/4 teams.

Not only is this in no conceivable way 'fun', I'm becoming a liability to my guild with my almost 3M GP roster not even bothering to participate.

• Yes
    They only care about nerfing the toons that work...Oh u stuck a ton of time & money into this game? Let us show u our appreciation by making all ur g12 toons useless in our new raid.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Yes
    I wish I had 4 hands so I could give this raid 4 thumbs down. The bosses are specifically made so that your teams have no internal synergy. Teams cant land debuffs and makes the raid super difficult. G12 toons with Arena Mods are pretty much worthless for doing damage. When lvl 4 of the raid, that is supposedly made for lvl 70 characters in G 7 and 4 stars, whips the hell out of lvl 85 G12 7 star characters you know something is wrong.

Just like in Dark Side TW was originally made overpowered the new Sith Raid said hold my beer and watch this.
  • Yes
    I voted yes.

It's so bad our haat guild simply decided that participation is optional, and only starting t3s. Last i checked i think about 1/4 of the guild had bothered touching it (done t5 and t3 prior to this one to)
    To long, to little synergy, to much health, to crappy rewards, to boring mechanism.

This is a cell phone game, the vast majority is casual players and up to this i thought the devs got that with all the good quality of life improvements. The ammount of players who belive a cell phone game is worth hours per day is verry limited so in essence the greatest currency for most guilds is TIME. This raid simply is horrible bang for the buck and rather boring during the ride to.

• Yes
    I think c.g. needs to pull raid and redo everything about this raid. It's so hard it's not fun I have all but 3 characters unlocked and 3 are not 7*. All but 20 are not gear 12 and 11. My weakest characters is gear 10. I'm ready to boycott this raid and to change the mechanics by cutting in half they need to cut the raid health by 75 percent then
  • Yes
    You need 50 Reys to tackle heroic. Every other squad does the equivalent of peanuts in haat numbers (considering the health pool ) ie, 1/2 m damage here is nothing.

I hope someone discovers a new squad that can do more than peanuts because every raid before presented us with different options, even haat made us use a different team comp in every phase.
    In this raid its p1...rey
    P2, yeah her again
    P3, oh lets use that lass Rey, shes good
    P4, wait for it, REY!!

• Yes
    Rebmes wrote: »
    I just want to share how impressed I am by how much work went into this raid and how much it accomplishes - not to mention how good it looks.

This is a huge step for us Heroes players, to have an event with so many unique abilities and features. This one will really force us to develop new strategies, and master the mechanics in order to be victorious.

Well done EACG; I hope this raid is successful - which I know isn't determined by a few forum trolls like myself xD

The key word in your post is FORCE. That is the theme of TB, TW and this new raid. It is clear that the intent is to force more participation in the game.
    I was disgusted when ships entered the game as I was fine playing the game I downloaded called Galaxy of Heroes. I didn't download Galaxy of Ships. My main complaint with ships was introducing new content that made you play it to get the new Zeta mats. That trend is accelerating.
    IMO forcing poorly designed and rushed content like ships, TB and this new raid, all buggy as hell, that not everyone enjoys does not serve the players well. Its just one big cash grab using peer pressure to force players to spend to get new toons, play new content and it is destroying guilds and the fun in the game.
    The cash grab is understandable but not listening to the player base may be their undoing.
    Personally this raid imo is a trainwreck and I am waiting to see if it is adjusted or they just bring in new OP toons for the whales to make the raid more playable.
  • Yes
    I want this game to be challenging but fun at the same time. It's a great game otherwise i would not take the time to rant on here about it.
  • No
    see everyone is saying how hard raid is but they are forgetting one big thing

when pit came out 90% of ppl couldnt do heroic

when aat came out 90% of ppl couldnt do heroic

sith raid came out 95% habr no chance of doing heroic

but not that raid is released over next 6 months new charqcter will get released that are built specifically for sith raid... and 1 yr from now most will be saying they need to come out with new rwid soth raid is to easy

but i do believe they should get rid of either DN protectiin or the stqxk tenacity... cuz p1 is crazy with both of those... i can deal with 1 of them
  • Yes
    Did some t6 raid this morning. I've now reached the point where I just don't care anymore after two years. Did something completely out of character and even though it took me months to save up enough crystals to try my luck with four sion packs, got 7 shards each time even though it says 5-330 (yes I know this is a flat out lie and I got what was expected) but I don't care anymore about saving resources or trying to strategize farming and gear.

I'm just not interested in fighting p2w new sith toons, especially traya when my shardmates get her, everyday in arena, TW, and then in raids with an annoying AI and gameplay nerfs on our toons cause of the way it's designed.
    After playing since launch basically I am now doing a t6 raid in a top 50 GP guild everyday with no interesting rewards or toon shards after update for the foreseeable future and that's not good and actually making me lose interest in logging in.
  • Yes
    Zolaz wrote: »
    I wish I had 4 hands so I could give this raid 4 thumbs down. The bosses are specifically made so that your teams have no internal synergy. Teams cant land debuffs and makes the raid super difficult. G12 toons with Arena Mods are pretty much worthless for doing damage. When lvl 4 of the raid, that is supposedly made for lvl 70 characters in G 7 and 4 stars, whips the hell out of lvl 85 G12 7 star characters you know something is wrong

+1

The balance is way off from what the description says it's balanced for. You shouldn't need optimal rng and jtr for end game toons to still put up respectable damage at the low tiers. I can't imagine a guild that just meets the T4 requirements taking less than a month (in no small part because they wouldn't have jtr).