List of changes we want (LONG READ)

Aplus
138 posts Member
Enough talk. Let’s talk about actual issues in the game right now:

1. Gear crunch
1.1 99999 pieces of 1% of gear
Insane amount of carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, droid callers needed for each and every toon, while thousands of other gear are useless. Game talks about player experience, yet a prolonged period without update to gear challenges providing thousands of the same gear. Tick.

1.2 Raid gear provides challenge gear.
10 raids in a row without a single stack of droid callers or raid gear but here, another hundred of the same gear no toon needs or challenge gear that you can build a star destroyer out of. This has been in the game for well over a year, how about fixing something that actually improves player experience for a try.

2. Optimization
2.1 Mod management
Hmm... where is that +19 speed mod? Is it on vader? Nope. EP...? Nope... CLS? Nope... hey, how about use a third party site like swgoh gg instead of the game to organize my mods? Aha! There it is. What a convenient third party site to find my mods in another game!

2.2 Mod store update
Recent changes to mod store is a VERY welcome improvement. However, as stated it is a limited time event. This will further widen the gap between old players and new players in the future. Make it permanent, a goal for players to actually get good mods out of, tie it in with mod challenge, maybe when players get 3* on tier 3 of each challenge make all the mods in the mod store increase in one tier. Low level—> low tier mods. High end—> all 5* mods. I am sick of getting 1* white mod in my store refreshing to get one decent gold mod. Designate certain slot in the store to provide mods with certain secondary stat (a.k.a: speed).

3. Forecast

3.1 Information bottleneck
The recent sith raid and marquee event of sith marauder is a prime example of what needs to be improved. One does not simply go from scoring 10/100 to 20/100 in a test and say thats a huge improvement. The mismatch in damage in sith marauder’s showcase video, the lack of thorough testing in raids leading to subsequent changes and hotfixes, a slug of information and estopping the gamechangers from releasing information... I don’t expect the raid to be perfect, that’s for sure. Update on such a scale is definitely not without its share of fixes and problems. But the current IMMENSE and DRASTIC changes are nothing short of a disappointment. I pity the game changers really. WHICH BRINGS ME ON THE NEXT TOPIC.

3.2 Gamechangers
Ah, the game changers. Knowing a little bit more than the players, and taking all the heat for the game while under NDAs not to disclose stuff. In all honesty, I fully support these gamechangers, who are now striving to give us the information in advance and help us with farming. If you are not a fan, sure, but they are trying to help, and I as a player appreciate this programme HAD IT BEEN WORKING PROPERLY. They have their hands tied behind their back right now, not knowing much of the new content but expected to keep making videos of it! How about instead of showing us DEVELOPERS’ beta footage with SIMULATED mods (probably 6/7* g13) show us the toons REAL current abilities and gameplay by throwing them out to the game changers? The “game changers” now are nothing short of being players a little bit early on information. Giving them the new toons on test accounts, so they can use their own mods and give thoughts on them, test it against each other inarena, in real world situations not level 80 opponents with g10 that are not up to par. give them much more POWER. You still have the NDAs, you can still restrain what they can disclose, but at least give them more info and guidance as well as a better, more realistic showcase of your toons. If your new toon is not even performing well under their testing, you know the toon is not up to par.

That’s it for me from now. Thanks for your time spent in reading this. I would appreciate any comment.

P.S. This is not to say the devs are not doing right, in fact I think they have been doing a GREAT and FANTASTIC job. I really do. All the animations and artwork and every new content are cool and fascinating, and I really love the game. Don’t let these mistakes be the downfall, and don’t let them cloud over the other great aspects of the game.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Replies

• *Leaving this comment*
  • I agree with the gear crunch, and in the devs latest post, "they listen and adjust raids, and rewards" bologna! How long have people been asking to remove challenge gear from raids?
  • I would add event schedules to the list. Not knowing when an event is coming up is one of the most frustrating things for me. I understand it’s a money thing and you want force people to panic spend but you can still accomplish that while giving us some inkling that there will be an event. For example all you have to do on the calendar is block out a date and say “Returning Legendary Event.” I mean it would be great to know what event it is, but barring that, the least you could do is tell us there will be an event.
  • CREDITS

Let me add that they must increase the sources of regular credits and ship credits, these last ones, the most important. Our only source of "free" credits is the same one the game had when it started meanwhile the game has grown importantly. I know we could buy more credits with crystals, I get that. Still, the amount we can buy each time is significantly LOW compared to the needs of the game.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Agree
    Aplus wrote: »
    How about instead of showing us DEVELOPERS’ beta footage with SIMULATED mods (probably 6/7* g13) show us the toons REAL current abilities and gameplay by throwing them out to the game changers?

I'm kind of surprised this has continued to go on with the developer footage showing characters with mods and strength that does not exist. Surely, this is a bait and switch?
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Agree
    Aplus wrote: »
    How about instead of showing us DEVELOPERS’ beta footage with SIMULATED mods (probably 6/7* g13) show us the toons REAL current abilities and gameplay by throwing them out to the game changers?

I'm kind of surprised this has continued to go on with the developer footage showing characters with mods and strength that does not exist. Surely, this is a bait and switch?

I know right? To be honest I don’t mind if they overexaggerate the power of these toons, I just wish they would be more forthcoming about it and show us the base stats or the mods being used so we can get a feel of how the toons actually are

• All the mother effin stun gun requirements... Stop!
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Would love, love, love to see guaranteed drops in cantina and holotable to make farming less frustrating.
  • Just remember. they do not care about your gear crunch. They only care that people solve the gear crunch by spending money.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    As the game moves on to higher level, potentially lvl 90 + g12/13, it is essential that lower gear such as 7/8/9 be made more accessible. There are so many ways to go about it, I’ll list a few off my head
    - revamp bronziums
    - daily login RNG roulette gear (EA’s favourite probably)
    - double salvage on nodes
    - lower prices in shipments
    - add gear to cantina/ galactic/ arena stor
    - Galactic war nodes drop gear + shards
    - time based events (Jawa salvage run/ Tatooine tusken raid/ Nar shadda underground smuggling —make CUP, scoundrels useful!)
    - Etc etc so many more
  • You forgot Clone Helmets!!!
    Actually, this list even isn't that long. I could probably think of at least 20 other changes we've been asking for, since day ONE.
    I think the devs, to help the INCREDIBLY toxic relationship they have with the SWGoH community (not entirely their fault, but mostly), should have a poll every x number of months, where we vote on something we want fixed/changed. Then they do it. Simple as that.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).