Remove defensive squad controls for officers/leaders in TW

Niloc17
24 posts Member
Would the option for guild leaders and officers to remove defensive squads from territories during the setup phase be a good idea?

Replies

• IMO..yup...in every way
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team have stated they will never give one player control over another players roster. this is why even prohibited actions can be ignored.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No, but the player should be able to change after clicking "set" but prior to attack phase starting.

Although maybe this is less of an issue now that the squad isn't auto-filled.
  • Niloc17
    24 posts Member
    This wouldnt control another's roster, just undeploy a squad from a guild event. Seems that in a TW if a member goes rogue there is nothig that can be done... StarSon's idea would work in most instances.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    While it is irritating to see poor decisions made (such as putting a non leader in the leader position), it is up to leaders and officers to coach these ppl and make them better players. If a person can't be taught (or perhaps has no chat capability) they may not be right for your guild.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    I think it is more along the lines of, if a guild member messes up and puts a squad in the wrong territory, the guild leader should be able to remove that squad so the guild member can put it where it belongs. That way there's a better capability to organize teams throughout TW. Even if its just 5 times they can do that, it might be very helpful. Another example would be someone loads a team and the wrong "leader" is put in the leadership position. The guild leader removes the team so the player can put the team together correctly and back into play.

With all the other intricacies involved in TW since the last update, I'd say this is something that should be added, even if it is a limited function. (There's no 'control' over the other player's roster, just taking it out of where it wasn't supposed to be.)
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm not a fan of giving these types of controls to guild leadership. But there should be a way for players to correct mistakes. Not withdraw entirely, it would still be their spot to fill. But swapping a misplaced Wedge X-wing for the intended Biggs, or similar adjustments, sure. Add into that the ability for leadership to tag questionable squads and I think it would solve the majority of issues.