Why even do the Sith Raid at all?

Replies

• Everyone here agrees that the rewards are junk, except for the one guy who says everyone in his guild gets a fully crafted g12 every time. Either we're all extremely unlucky, or he lied.
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's now clear you aren't doing HAAT. "A high chance to receive complete gear" is a high chance the same way that "soon" is soon. I.e. it's not. The color of the boxes is completely meaningless once you get the actual reward and it's just yellow **** you already have 1000s of from challenges.
    Our guild do HAAT two times a week. And yes it seems I'm lucky enough, because I receive only gear I needed, I even received complete MK5 Stun Gun several times and so.
    The balance? Never heard of that.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Our guild Our guild just cleared HAAT for the first time. We're kind of proud of that. But we could barely put a dent in teir VI of the of the new raid.
    Gifafi wrote: »
    A weak guild is having problems with a hard new raid? Shocking stuff, op

Seriously?

Ah, I get it! This new raid is only for uber, condescending guild members right?

Another 100M+ GP guild member can't see what all the fuss is about? Shocking stuff...

All myself and I think many others are trying to say is, like most people, only have so much time a day to dedicate to this game a day as much fun as it is. Don't see the point in participating in a raid that takes so long to complete for a bunch of gear we can't use.

So, if you can just come down from the lofty heights of some mega-guild and "try" and see it from the point-of-view of the rest of us, tier 3 rewards (the tier aimed at the "weak" guilds) are pretty much useless for the effort required to earn them.

Well aware that they can be run in parallel. We do that already with pit and tank. Will keep starting sith raids but see participation being low which will increase the time even further to complete...

triggered.gif. All I said was that it's not surprising that a lower level guild is having difficulty with the new hard raid. we struggled with HAAT at first and now it's easy. and my rewards for like 8th place in this new raid were garbage. welcome to the game!

ps why can't you use the rewards? if they suck don't do the raid. if you want better rewards get better and move up. this isn't rocket surgery

Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    A weak guild is having problems with a hard new raid? Shocking stuff, op

A weak minded elitist is having problems reading? Shocking stuff.

No one is talking about difficulty. I'm saying loot tiers are poorly thought out.
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You say that you are better off working on haat teams at your stage. Im not arguing that, I’ll take your word for it. I’m saying you should certainly do that - but you can also have a tier 3 or 4 (or whatever tier is appropriate for your guild at this point) open in the meantime and pick away at it. Getting some gear and currency from that is better than your suggestion of “not bothering” with it. That’s my point - if you want to be competitive you would not ignore any potential gear and currency sources. There is no cost to you to do that. Put in 5 teams on auto if you don’t want to spend any time on it. Eventually you will complete it and get some rewards, which is better than watching your tickets burn and getting 0 rewards.

And my other point was, if you are even considering passing up free rewards and currencies then you must not be very competitive. And if that’s the case, then you should skip the sith raid and play what you like. But if you’re trying to progress, there is no advantage to ignoring a source of rewards.

uh... yeah? duh? Do you think we're not doing that?

"if you want to be competitive you would not ignore any potential gear and currency sources. There is no cost to you to do that. Put in 5 teams on auto if you don’t want to spend any time on it. Eventually you will complete it and get some rewards, which is better than watching your tickets burn and getting 0 rewards. "

This is poor game design. Period. You're not taking away from my point, you're adding to it.

not about difficulty, tears about not putting a dent in t4. hmmm I'll get back to you re my reading ability...

wampa is bigger and stronger than leia. did I just insult leia? a guild that just beat haat is a weak guild. that's a fact, not a judgement. find a safe space before you throw insults for no reason. if you just want to cry there's a thread for that.

VI is 6, not 4, we cleared T4 easily enough. Keep up those reading skills. You got called out for throwing insults, elitist, and you were wrong. And now you're wrong... again.

There are people in this thread that are disagreeing with me, but at least they're making points and show casing their thought behind it. I pointed to the greater problem and the issues with gearing, progression, and the POINT of the lower raids.

So until you have something useful to contribute, go practice your Roman Numerals. The good news is, you don't have to take off your socks to count this high.
  • xtended2l wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It's now clear you aren't doing HAAT. "A high chance to receive complete gear" is a high chance the same way that "soon" is soon. I.e. it's not. The color of the boxes is completely meaningless once you get the actual reward and it's just yellow **** you already have 1000s of from challenges.
    Our guild do HAAT two times a week. And yes it seems I'm lucky enough, because I receive only gear I needed, I even received complete MK5 Stun Gun several times and so.

HAAT doesn't give stun guns as a reward.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes, my bad, that was a HPIT.
    So yeah HAAT is mostly good because of the gold gear. The only fix it needs I think is the removal of common equipment which could be obtained by dailies.

P.S. @TVF We cleared another HAAT just now, here are my rewards:
    Maxthon_Snap20180313013612.png
    Tell me they are worse than Sith 4* lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Congratulations on your continued good fortune.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Congratulations on your continued good fortune.

You are unbreakable one, huh? :) Ok I wish you a good fortune in all raids.
    Yes, my bad, that was a HPIT.
    So yeah HAAT is mostly good because of the gold gear. The only fix it needs I think is the removal of common equipment which could be obtained by dailies.

P.S. @TVF We cleared another HAAT just now, here are my rewards:
    Maxthon_Snap20180313013612.png
    Tell me they are worse than Sith 4* lol

HPIT doesn't give full stun guns.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lol 2: Electric Boogaloo
  • HPIT doesn't give full stun guns.
    Ok, my bad, my game is too fortunate.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I give up.
  • Sith raid is a big disappointment. My teams do little damage and the whole thing takes forever. Only team that currently does anything worth mentioning is JTR led Resistance, but too many of us don't have her yet. Not to mention that she's getting a nurf in Sith raid soon anyway... Basically, it's boring and slow. Feels like a waste of time.
    HPIT doesn't give full stun guns.
    Ok, my bad, my game is too fortunate.

I don't even know what that means. You said you received full stun guns multiple times. I'm saying they are not available in HPit -- the prize box does not contain full mk5 stun gun prototypes as a possible reward.
  • I don't even know what that means.
    Because your game is not as fortunate as mine.
  • do a low tier and auto all fights
  • Rewards are just as bad as in HAAT & Rancor. Got in at 10th position today, not one single Piece I could use.

I think they should just remove the whole Gear rewards out of the reward system of raids. Just give us a Gear shop where we could use a certain currency to get the Gear we select for ourselves. It doesn’t have to be much. I understand the Point that this is a company and you’re making money of us buying Gear.

I’d rather select 5 salvages that I could actually use than get 75 I have already 1000’s of.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Darkkram wrote: »
    Just give us a Gear shop where we could use a certain currency to get the Gear we select for ourselves.

Allow me to introduce you to the Guild shop, the Guild Event shop, and the Shard shop.
  • Darkkram wrote: »
    Just give us a Gear shop where we could use a certain currency to get the Gear we select for ourselves

It wont happen. Everything in the game is about chances and RNG to make players feel themselves loosers or winner from time to time. It creates agiotage and passion to play more, to spend more, etc.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    xtended2l wrote: »
    Just give us a Gear shop where we could use a certain currency to get the Gear we select for ourselves

It wont happen. Everything in the game is about chances and RNG to make players feel themselves loosers or winner from time to time. It creates agiotage and passion to play more, to spend more, etc.

???

It already exists. See post directly above your own.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    They're never going to take challenge gear out of raid rewards. They are in there as a limit to keep people from gearing heros up easily. This is so that people will see the full gear in the store and buy a crate to purchase the gear. If there was no challenge gear, they would have to reduce the drop rate of the other gear and % chance for fully completed gear. This is one of the ways they monetize the game, encouraging people to spend money to buy gear from shipments.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs My primary complaint about the raid is that there is no real strategy that has been found to it. Pit was all about turn meter manipulation, Tank (pre CLS and zFinn) had different strategies needed for each phase. Sith raid doesn't feel like there is a strategy (especially for Phase 1) except guess if you got the Annihilate correct and then retreat and retry if you didn't. I don't expect it to be easy (first tank raid took us a month to get through phase 2) and I like that it requires the entire guild to work together to complete it, but right now it feels like every character with the exception of JTR doesn't do anything in the raid. Most heros don't do enough damage to get through the protection regain of Nihilus. I hope that with the bug fix of Scion removing 100% TM that a strategy can be found. The only boss that has any real strategy right now is Treya since different compositions of characters at least change the way it works. My guild will continue to try different strategies hoping to find something that works, but right now this feels as frustrating as the original roll-out of the tank.
    I don't even know what that means.
    Because your game is not as fortunate as mine.

In other words, you were wrong and/or lying. Got it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    GRTL wrote: »
    They're never going to take challenge gear out of raid rewards. They are in there as a limit to keep people from gearing heros up easily. This is so that people will see the full gear in the store and buy a crate to purchase the gear. If there was no challenge gear, they would have to reduce the drop rate of the other gear and % chance for fully completed gear. This is one of the ways they monetize the game, encouraging people to spend money to buy gear from shipments.

Or there could just be the chance that you get no gear.
  • xtended2l
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2018

???

You did not understood him. He means not randomly appearing set of gear in several shops, but buying any piece of gear at any time in one place.
  • In other words, you were wrong and/or lying. Got it.
    Ok, if it makes you sleep better.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

???

You did not understood him. He means not randomly appearing set of gear in several shops, but buying any piece of gear at any time in one place.

Well that's not going to happen.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    Our guild is in the same boat as the first post in this thread - we've finished HAAT seven times and grind through Tier IV of the Sith Raid. I don't mind the challenge of it. That is fine because it provides a good long-term goal. My issue is that it simply isn't fun. We are having trouble just getting people in our guild to participate, and we're overall very active.

The new character animations are really great, as our the background scenes for the raid. It just isn't fun having all of your character's abilities essentially neutered. I think the game has lost sight of making new features fun to play. This new raid and the Territory Battles are more like chores than anything that is enjoyable to play.