Something needs to change in TW

So... I'm sure my guild isn't the only one encountering this problem. We have 50 members, all very active, with a collective GP of 59M. Because we are an active guild we are penalized every TW by being placed against guilds who are actively having members not sigh up for the TW, so they can be paired against guilds with less capable rosters.
For example... This morning we are paired up with a guild that has a collective GP of 77M. It appears that cheating/collusive behavior is to be rewarded in this game. And before all you EA/CG shills and trolls get on here and start berating me, think about the overall health and longevity of the game. This kind of behavior being tolerated, actually encouraged (otherwise why allow all the posts from people seeking their shardmates so they can get in on it), will kill this game.
I propose a simple fix... TW pairings should be based on guild GP...period...Not who signed up, but the collective power of the guild. Don't like this idea because you have members who are inactive... Cut the dead weight from your guild. It's a crying shame that everything in this game is geared toward helping the strong get stronger... Don't believe me, take a look around.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Participation is hit and miss in my guild. Anywhere from 30-46 may sign up. I really don't feel we should face the same opponent either way. Seems to work as is for us... We win some, we lose some.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are many factors in matchmaking, as there should be. there is no fair matching based on a single number.

The dev team have stated that they adjusted things last update and they are monitoring the situation and will update when they have the whole picture from the data from this last round of TW.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There are many factors in matchmaking, as there should be. there is no fair matching based on a single number.

The dev team have stated that they adjusted things last update and they are monitoring the situation and will update when they have the whole picture from the data from this last round of TW.

And with that being said... The only fair metric to use is straight up GP to GP. Anything else is an endorsement of, and allows for, gaming the system.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Sorry OP i have to disagree i have active people in my guild who just don't like territory wars I'm not going to boot them for that. Our 70 mil gp guild regularly has 35-45 members sign up for territory wars. Why should we be penalized because some people don't like that particular game mode, or have a busy day and miss sign up?

I do think everything should be taken into account for matchmaking but they need to do a better job of making it even and fair.
  • You have 24 hours to sign up... And you don't have a problem with it because your are the problem. It's working for you, so you don't want to rock the boat. Your guild is a prime example of this miss matching.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Did you read the last part of my post? I'm implying that we a 70 mil gp guild with 35 participants with lets say 55 mil active gp should be matched up against another 70 mil guild with similar active members and gp.

Your solution penalizes guilds just as much as the current system if I wanted that super hard-core experience I would be in a high end guild. I think the system needs to be fixed but I disagree with your solution. People should be able to run their guilds however they want mine is a more casual experience we don't force our members to do stuff except 24 hour 0 damage periods. We aren't trying to game the system but we aren't going to start forcing partipation from people who don't want to play that mode.
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Did you read the last part of my post? I'm implying that we a 70 mil gp guild with 35 participants with lets say 55 mil active gp should be matched up against another 70 mil guild with similar active members and gp.

Your solution penalizes guilds just as much as the current system if I wanted that super hard-core experience I would be in a high end guild. I think the system needs to be fixed but I disagree with your solution. People should be able to run their guilds however they want mine is a more casual experience we don't force our members to do stuff except 24 hour 0 damage periods. We aren't trying to game the system but we aren't going to start forcing partipation from people who don't want to play that mode.

And your saying that it's ok to penalize my guild for being active, while your guild is being matched up against weaker guilds and having your laziness rewarded.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Dude you gotta read I don't want to be matched against a weaker guild I want to be matched against another guild like mine. I'm saying your right the current system is crap but your suggestion is no better. I'm saying there is a middle ground and that would be better. Do you understand what I am saying?

• I saw someone post to a fb page that their guild who had about 107mil collective GP was facing a guild of only 57mil? RIP to that guild
  • Then stop allowing your members to not sign up... It Is a guild event, if another guild wants to be lackadaisical about it, they should be penalized for it. There is a simple solution... Sign everyone up automatically...EA/CG shouldn't have a problem with that right? Since their stated goal when TB was launched was to make people join guilds that were more in line with their own power, then they shouldn't have any problem carrying that over to TW.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Ok your not getting what I am saying which is fine I will detail out what I'm talking about when I have more time in a few hours
  • That's because your acting like you agree with me, while still endorsing the flawed system that is rewarding you and your guild. You don't want to be matched up against weaker guilds, yet, you do nothing to stop it from happening. All anyone had to do to gain equal rewards is throw 1 platoon into TW, but that would match you against an equally powerful guild each time. Hence, your apprehension toward that system. Your guild would suffer accordingly for not being active participants.
  • Hey ForeverWest76, I know this is off topic, but I'm looking to track down one of your guild mates from Empire R Us. He's in my ship shard and we have a chat we'd like to invite him to. Do you guys have Line or Discord that I could reach out on?
  • Samulast wrote: »
    Hey ForeverWest76, I know this is off topic, but I'm looking to track down one of your guild mates from Empire R Us. He's in my ship shard and we have a chat we'd like to invite him to. Do you guys have Line or Discord that I could reach out on?

Who you looking for... Lol
  • ForeverWest76
    168 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yabba dabba do
    Post edited by ForeverWest76 on
  • Ben Willis
  • Yeah I figured it out...lol
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    They (CG) broke TW matchmaking with the last update. There is wide spread mismatches everywhere. I am beginning to think they really don't know what goes into the matchmaking and are using the tweak it left or right with each update to see if complaints go up or down.
    Looks like this time they tweaked it left and complaints went up so next time they will tweak it to the right and see what happens.
  • scuba wrote: »
    They (CG) broke TW matchmaking with the last update. There is wide spread mismatches everywhere. I am beginning to think they really don't know what goes into the matchmaking and are using the tweak it left or right with each update to see if complaints go up or down.
    Looks like this time they tweaked it left and complaints went up so next time they will tweak it to the right and see what happens.

I hope that's the case... But I'm not holding my breath
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Ok I'm going to try this again and to get my point across I'm going to have to make some assumptions because we don't really have any idea what factors into matchmaking. I'm going to focus on the 3 values that you provided. So for this I'm going to detail out 4 different guilds. I'm also going to ignore the semantics of why a guild doesn't have full partipation.

Guild A- Your guild
    Total GP 56 mil
    Active 56 mil
    Players 50/50

Guild B- Your opponent (outside total gp I'm just throwing guesses here)
    Total gp 77 mil
    Active gp 60 mil
    Players 38/50

Guild C- my guild
    Total gp 74 mil
    Active gp 62 mil
    Players 40/50

Guild D- hypothetical guild
    Total gp 80 mil
    Active 80 mil
    Players 50/50

Now in the current system we have guild A vs Guild B this is a bad matchup we both agree on that. For the record guild A vs Guild C is bad for the same reasons.

Under your proposed only using total gp method both guilds B and C could be matched up against guild D. This method is no more fair than the current method.

Just using these 3 factors if each gp factor could only be say 3 million apart and number of participants had to be within 2 or 3 guild members you could have A lot more fair matchups. Guild B vs Guild C would be a pretty fair matchup regardless of why they don't have full guild partipation. There are other factors to consider outside these as well # of Zetas, legendary characters, raid reward characters, heroes journey characters. The main point is the current system sucks and they need to tighten things up but going from one extreme to other isn't going to help anything
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to try this again and to get my point across I'm going to have to make some assumptions because we don't really have any idea what factors into matchmaking. I'm going to focus on the 3 values that you provided. So for this I'm going to detail out 4 different guilds. I'm also going to ignore the semantics of why a guild doesn't have full partipation.

Guild A- Your guild
    Total GP 56 mil
    Active 56 mil
    Players 50/50

Guild B- Your opponent (outside total gp I'm just throwing guesses here)
    Total gp 77 mil
    Active gp 60 mil
    Players 38/50

Guild C- my guild
    Total gp 74 mil
    Active gp 62 mil
    Players 40/50

Guild D- hypothetical guild
    Total gp 80 mil
    Active 80 mil
    Players 50/50

Now in the current system we have guild A vs Guild B this is a bad matchup we both agree on that. For the record guild A vs Guild C is bad for the same reasons.

Under your proposed only using total gp method both guilds B and C could be matched up against guild D. This method is no more fair than the current method.

Just using these 3 factors if each gp factor could only be say 3 million apart and number of participants had to be within 2 or 3 guild members you could have A lot more fair matchups. Guild B vs Guild C would be a pretty fair matchup regardless of why they don't have full guild partipation. There are other factors to consider outside these as well # of Zetas, legendary characters, raid reward characters, heroes journey characters. The main point is the current system sucks and they need to tighten things up but going from one extreme to other isn't going to help anything

That's easy to say... When your on the extreme that's currently being benefited. We are going to have to agree to disagree this time. I'm sorry, but if the system is going to be messed up... It should be in favor of the active guild, not the inactive.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I'm saying it shouldn't be messed up at all and they should fix it for everyone. You don't want to see reason and understand that not everyone wants a super hardcore experience and are saying the game should only cater to those that do. You really ought to get into a 100+ million gp guild you'd fit in great there
  • OP please practice reading comprehension.