Do you support the developers decision to nerf expose?

Replies

  • R_Val_17
    133 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    Please don't do this devs. Pretty please? Expose chain is my bread and butter on multiple aspects of the game. Don't hate because it works on your new raid. You made it, embrace it. Leave STHan alone he's viable again, he was so lonely being left out for so long. Let him shine.... Let him shine.
  • No
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Yeah man!

    The game is still in beta, as far as I know, but even beyond that, I appreciate growth and development in any form, at any rate, in any enterprise. The fact the the devs want it, means it’s likely a game balance issue and I would rather have attempts at balance than an obtuse devotion to an out of date development model.

    This game is far from still being in beta. It came out in 2015. If you haven't figured out how to make good content for your client base by now, someone needs to get fired.
  • No
    Titan42 wrote: »
    But this is only "mostly" for sith raid. Everything else is off the table. Expose works just fine outside of the sith raid.

    It don't matter...this game should have had more nerfing in general over the years. The point is if they kept things balanced instead of just using nonstop power creep toons to try and make the last OP thing they released have something that can beat it, we wouldn't have a game with such un-fun content.

    People wouldn't care so much about this change if the game was more balanced, if expose, JTR mainly, got toned down in raids, you'd have plenty of other well performing teams to roll with. Problem is, we don't. We've got a very small handful of power house teams right now(some which are alright in this raid, some which are horrid), and probably 80%(that's being generous) of our rosters will be absolute garbage in this raid even with max gear and good mods.

    Why should we have a JTR team doing 6 million, or a STHan team soloing a phase, when almost all other squads consider it a massive victory to break 1 million? Its lame. I don't think every team needs to be exactly even in all modes of play...but at the same time balance in this game is becoming a complete and utter joke. Let's have some more nerfs, nerfs are good...but let's also have some of the rubbish on the bottom get a bit of love a little more frequently.

    Nerfs are not good. Better to create active counters than to Nerf, read, break, a characters intended way of playing. If you want a raid boss to not respond to a character traits, work on making that raid boss resist the trait, or limit the way the trait affects the raid boss. Don't break the characters to make the raid work the way you thought it would.

    In any case, why do they need to Nerf anything at all? So what it st Han does something they hadn't intended? That's life. Get over it cg! Let the game live and breath! Stop trying to control every little detail of the game and let it go.
  • Immorta1lynx
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    Btw, way to go cg in being able to take criticism. Two of my posts have been nerfed now (+_+)
  • Gifafi
    5218 posts Member
    I haven't had expose land once in the raid so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Yeah man!

    The game is still in beta, as far as I know, but even beyond that, I appreciate growth and development in any form, at any rate, in any enterprise. The fact the the devs want it, means it’s likely a game balance issue and I would rather have attempts at balance than an obtuse devotion to an out of date development model.

    This game is far from still being in beta. It came out in 2015. If you haven't figured out how to make good content for your client base by now, someone needs to get fired.

    The fact that the game isn't officially in beta doesn't change the fact that many players feel that it plays like a beta due to the consistent release of buggy content.
  • Nikoms565
    13696 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It might help if we knew how much it will be nerfed first.

    But patience is not just in short supply here, it's non-existent.

    At the risk of causing a rift in the space/time continuum, I agree with TVF. Can we at least wait to see what the actual change is before voting on whether or not we're upset about it?

    It's really too bad jumping to conclusions isn't an Olympic sport - as some of you would be world class athletes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jwoah
    209 posts Member
    Yes
    I am with CG when they say they want new content, like the raid, to be very difficult. The developers are right to have it be near impossible or it'll just be on farm in a few weeks, undermining the hard work put in to creating the content. That's why I voted yes. There hasn't been as much strategy to this game lately(due to a lot of RNG and autoing battles), but the new raid has helped push it back. Having to now theory craft new teams(not just cookie cutter teams like RJT or CLS), imo, is not only more fun, but it encourages the entire community to work together to find these teams. I've seen some teams I've never even thought of pulling decent damage in the new raid, and I love that. I mean when was the last time a jawa had any relevance for endgame content? I am in agreeance though with those that feel like the situation has been handled poorly.

    Honestly, this could've all been easily avoided; I'm skeptical people actually "tested" this raid because RJT would've been one of the most tested toons. She's so important in almost all aspects of the rest of the game that I'm shocked how the devs didn't see this coming. Making mistakes is fine, we all do, like the STH "bug", but overlooking RJT, seriously? Obviously she's going to continue to see extensive use which makes this situation so much worse that CG is forced to "nerf" her so the new content, that had probably been worked on for months, doesn't get beaten it's first week. So people are rightfully upset about it.

    Both CLS and RJT (arguably the two most powerful toons) should've seen religious testing within multiple team comps way before release to see if they were too strong for the raid and that's when alterations should've been made. How is it that a fairly common RJT team comp was so overlooked by testers, especially since the community tried it so quickly? If she were properly tested, many of the upcoming "nerfs" would've been in the raid since release and there would never have been a reason to start complaining. STH would still be getting changed, but I consider that more of a bug fix anyway.

    To CG though, of course people are gonna get angry when characters get "nerfed", especially if they spent money for them. Something will need to be done to settle everyone down. A few hundred crystals would satisfy most, but I'd rather see all your current "testers" retrained or fired while at the same time hiring people with actual in game experience. A few runs is all it would've taken to realize that RJT teams on average do much more damage than the other popular teams and it all could've been fixed like that.

    TLDR: This entire situation could've and should've been avoided with competent testers.

    I still want to reiterate though that I do agree with the raid changes to keep it difficult. I think new content being near impossible is what keeps it fresh and provides more entertainment in the long run. A new raid should take weeks or even months of the best of the community building and testing out different teams to figure out whats strongest. Then the average players(like me) need a couple more months to star and gear up these teams. Even the best guilds should struggle for at least three months, imo. This should've never been a problem though, I mean seriously, who was in charge of testing RJT!?
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    Honesty. The developers really need to test these things properly before releasing them.

    I am pretty sure we are well past beta testing.

    The crew ay reddit are rating swgoh at 1 star now. Ive done the same. so should all of you.

    Its a massive kick in the guts to anyone that has spent any money on this game.

    Dont be surprised if there is a Class Action against EA/CG.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    I've wouldn't mind them nerfing Expose, if they also nerfed the Bosses freaking tenacity, Only reason RJT is so popular atm is because landing a debuff is almost impossible when the bosses are untouched, making a lot of otherwise strong toons in the game very weak, and giving many players a sense of "My damage is so low, so why should I even try, and it's boring"
    I know the devs wants this to be a challenge, but many are saying it's like chipping at a wall with a teaspoon, even on Tier 4
    Edit: This raid is frustrating in the wrong way, as people has a problem with seeing this raid as anything but a chore
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • No
    The sad thing is I (and our guild) was SO looking forward to this raid release. And it has so much potential. But it shouldn’t prevent players from wanting to play it because it feels punitive. Fix the bosses’ tenacity/speed up mechanics or let us get damage wherever we can! Lift the 5 battles per day limit on T1-T6! So JTRey scores more damage than other squads...wooopty doo...it still isn’t taking more than 3% health from the boss. And please don’t come back and say, “we’ve listened to the player base and will raise the level cap to 100 to make it a fairer playing experience.” If you’re going to do it, do it already. We all already know it’s coming (and disagree with it). But when you do, please add more farmable toons to cantina and add additional LS/DS battles and keep the game interesting.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    They should have been doing nerfs right along as part of balancing the game. Nonstop power creep with newer better units that keep doing more and more bring us to exactly where we are right now...a game with broken mechanics that is impossible to balance. CG can't win now...if they make efforts to balance things people will rage, and if they just go ahead and keep releasing units that do more and more...well wait til you guys see how jacked up Traya makes arena lol.

    you do realize that they are most certainly going to make the raid easier in the future by either increasing the lvl cap, gear cap or releasing new toons (probably all of those actually). Balance is not something they strive for and this isn't an attempt to balance the game or a sign of future balancing to happen, they just don't want their raid to be cleared too fast by too many players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No
    leef wrote: »
    They should have been doing nerfs right along as part of balancing the game. Nonstop power creep with newer better units that keep doing more and more bring us to exactly where we are right now...a game with broken mechanics that is impossible to balance. CG can't win now...if they make efforts to balance things people will rage, and if they just go ahead and keep releasing units that do more and more...well wait til you guys see how jacked up Traya makes arena lol.

    you do realize that they are most certainly going to make the raid easier in the future by either increasing the lvl cap, gear cap or releasing new toons (probably all of those actually). Balance is not something they strive for and this isn't an attempt to balance the game or a sign of future balancing to happen, they just don't want their raid to be cleared too fast by too many players.

    I, for one, don’t want a level cap increase.
  • No
    It’s the wrong change. Damage from expose isn’t what makes RJT the only viable team. Boss tenacity is the problem.
  • No
    How are we supposed to even clear t7 now? There is no way now

    With 7 dot mods and level 90 release...possibly
  • No
    How are we supposed to even clear t7 now? There is no way now

    With 7 dot mods and level 90 release...possibly

    You’re cannot imagine the anger this will cause.
  • KKatarn
    589 posts Member
    No
    How are we supposed to even clear t7 now? There is no way now

    With 7 dot mods and level 90 release...possibly
    I have a bad feeling about this... :s
  • CaptainRex
    2803 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    He11 to the NO!
    Here is literally what happened
    Devs: We designed this new raid!
    Players: We created some strategies to beat this raid!
    Devs: Wait a minute, that's not how we want you guys to beat this raid!
    59256?type=sd_image
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • No
    The decision to nerf expose is NONSENSE. The reason they gave for the decision is that the expose mechanic was “stifling other teams” in the raid... that’s ludicrous... JTR and her exposes haven’t stifled anything! what’s stiffled other teams for the raid is stacking tenacity! Every raid team till now has used debuffs or TMR as its primary tool for success! The decision to make those strategies completely untenable is what stifles other teams in the raid!!!!!!! Not JTR and her exposes!! The reasoning is nonsense and the decision is nonsense.
  • Nikoms565
    13696 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    IAMGROOT1 wrote: »
    The decision to nerf expose is NONSENSE. The reason they gave for the decision is that the expose mechanic was “stifling other teams” in the raid... that’s ludicrous... JTR and her exposes haven’t stifled anything! what’s stiffled other teams for the raid is stacking tenacity! Every raid team till now has used debuffs or TMR as its primary tool for success! The decision to make those strategies completely untenable is what stifles other teams in the raid!!!!!!! Not JTR and her exposes!! The reasoning is nonsense and the decision is nonsense.

    While I do agree with the concept that they should open the raid up so teams without JTRey can do significant damage, I agree with your point. The changes they are proposing don't seem to "open things up" for other teams. Again, I will reserve judgement until we see what the changes actually are - but it does seem that they are moving in the opposite direction of "opening things up". The proposed changes and, as you said, the stacking tenacity seems to be choking out most synergies and options - not increasing them.

    I realize they need to learn from the previous raid "mistakes" and making bosses immune to TM reduction and the Enrage mechanic are certainly fair and decent options. Making raid bosses virtually immune to anything, however, makes team synergy and abilities virtually useless. As such, there will emerge one way to do decent damage and every player in every guild is simply going to have to run that team - no synergy, no abilities, no coordination. Just drone it down with the few heroes that don't use synergistic debuffs. Sounds fun.

    The other option, I am sure, will be to whale up for whatever new toons come out that miraculously do better Sith raid damage then any teams/characters we already have.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    I'm fine with it lol. I don't use ressistance in any form so it's going to change nothing for me. I don't like nerfs though. But the stormtrooper Han issue needed to be addressed. I also think the fact that expose worked way better then any other strategy seemed doomed to get nerfed. If they wouldn't have nerfed expose. Once everyone gets Rey next time she comes around there new raid would be getting beat by guilds they didn't intend to be able to.

    I don't like the new raid because of the inability to hit debuffs. That is what I feel the real issue is.
  • Yes
    I do think expose and deathmark are currently too OP relative to almost all other team builds. I think it makes sense to nerf these two mechanics in combination with a health reduction. HOWEVER, what they should have done is test their raid before hand and realized in advance that this would have been a problem. I could tell on day 1 that those two meanies were way better than anything else in my roster.

    The stacking tenacity should also be removed I think. Just have stacking speed and immunity to turn meter reduction. No need to make every debuff focused team worthless unless it's unresistable.
  • No
    No.
    This raid is absolutely boring. I am not willing to spent hours of my life for a nerfed experience. And its only for 150mio GP+ guilds in heroic. So write that ... and go off. We play Tier 4 in Auto, because no one is willing to spent 4 to 5 days with 2 hours each day carefully planning the next move.
    The reward is bad, all teams will fail equally - and now JRT is announced with 2 days in advance.
    What a mess; what a bad way to go forward, utterly disappointed also with the lengthy explanation which is no explanation at all. I will not support this raid.
  • No
    Valariel wrote: »
    I do think expose and deathmark are currently too OP relative to almost all other team builds. I think it makes sense to nerf these two mechanics in combination with a health reduction. HOWEVER, what they should have done is test their raid before hand and realized in advance that this would have been a problem. I could tell on day 1 that those two meanies were way better than anything else in my roster.

    The stacking tenacity should also be removed I think. Just have stacking speed and immunity to turn meter reduction. No need to make every debuff focused team worthless unless it's unresistable.

    I feel like the real solution would've been to nerf the bosses so, especially in p1, they didn't hard counter all the other teams. It doesn't make sense to nerf mechanics like expose when the reason they were so popular was because it was the only team mechanic not completely gutted by the raid mechanics.
  • No
    TVF wrote: »
    It might help if we knew how much it will be nerfed first.

    But patience is not just in short supply here, it's non-existent.

    There's no justifiable reason to nerf expose. Especially so long after it's been a staple of a haat team
  • No
    R_Val_17 wrote: »
    Please don't do this devs. Pretty please? Expose chain is my bread and butter on multiple aspects of the game. Don't hate because it works on your new raid. You made it, embrace it. Leave STHan alone he's viable again, he was so lonely being left out for so long. Let him shine.... Let him shine.

    Did you seriously think they would have listened to you? or anyone of us? It's ok, i used to be naive too
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It might help if we knew how much it will be nerfed first.

    But patience is not just in short supply here, it's non-existent.

    There's no justifiable reason to nerf expose. Especially so long after it's been a staple of a haat team

    So how much damage were you doing with Resistance in HAAT pre-nerf and how much are you doing now?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.