Mid Level Player Looking for Advice

I am currently level 53 and I am looking for some advice across multiple areas of the game. My current farming focus is on getting Ezra to 7*, Chopper to 7*, Kanan to 7*, Biggs to 4* then back to Zeb to 7*.
https://swgoh.gg/u/javibog/collection/
Credit Heists: I have CW Chewie, STH and Boba and I just hit the level where I can run tier 2 credit heists. Should I pause my Phoenix farming and get a 4th Scoundrel? If yes, spend the time to get Lando or try to get an easier scoundrel so that I can focus back on Phoenix farming?
Arena: My rank floats around 150-100, but I am getting killed by Vader with Sith/Empire groups with heavy debuffs. Is there a strategy that I can use to beat them, should I switch up my arena group, or just try to avoid those battles?
Mods: Although its probably not that efficient, I have unlocked all mod challenges through the offense one. Will probably keep trying to unlock them if any high level support heroes pop up. Mods are still a little confusing to me, so I am going to try to keep my questions simple.
  • Is the best way to farm them by doing mod battles or mod challenges?
  • At my level and group comp, should I even bother farming them now?
  • I can currently do Tier 2 health challenge and tier 1 tenacity challenge with no issues, should I be farming either one of those?
  • Any mod guides that you would recommend for me would also be helpful
Cantina Energy: This question probably gets asked a lot, but what is the most effective way to spend it? Should I focus on cantina battles to farm Ezra, spend it on mod battles, or mod challenges? Or a little bit of everything?
I linked my characters above, so feel free to check it out and give me any other advice that you think would be helpful.
Thanks!

Replies

• You should only do the mod battles to unlock the mod challenges. Don't wast your energy or credits on the mods you get from the battles.

Try to get the tier 3 mod challenge unlocked and 3 starred on any of the mod types. It doesn't matter which one, but health will likely be the first one you are able to finish just because it doesn't require characters of a specific faction. Tier 1 and 2 of any of the mod challenges should be treated like the mod battles, which is only as a means to get to the Tier 3 mod challenge. Once you get one unlocked, get all your mods from that place, and only from that place until you're able to get other mod challenges unlocked at tier 3.

You're already underway on your Phoenix farming, so stick to that and don't worry about the credit heists or any other events until they're finished. Since you'll be farming a different Phoenix character out of every store, you'd have to stop farming one to get any scoundrels (unless you do Boba or CW Chewie's hard nodes), and you shouldn't do that. I wouldn't even worry about Biggs until after you've finished Zeb. Definitely get Biggs next though.

Use your cantina energy to get Ezra and Hera to 7 stars. Until that's done, don't worry about mods, or scoundrels or anything else. Just do those 2 characters (and Chopper with the store currency they get you) and nothing else.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I reccomend Dengar in the guild store for the earlier tier credit heists. Just unlock him at 2 star and do the minimum for now. The main reason is it doesn't conflict with anything more important.

Vader is a counter for phoenix. I would try my best to avoid them.

Mod battles unlock mod challenges which are important. Wait til you can do a tier 3 challenge then farm that enough to have 5 dot mods for your characters. Then in a while come back and spend a week farming mods and try to get good mods. Every so often come back and try to get better mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you complete tier 3 of both health an defense mod challenges, you will see mods of better quality and more frequently in mod shipments.

I disagree on the Phoenix vs. Scoundrels for credit heist advice. I would suggest to put your Hera farming on hold at some point to unlock Lando for the highe tiers of credit heist and then move back to Phoenix. Ezra shards can be bought in fleet arena shipments, after you unlock them. Hera shards from guild event shop. It might be worth spending resources to buy those shards to be able to do the highest tier possible of Thrawn's event, next time it appears.
  • Alryix
    29 posts Member
    I sent you an ally invite so you'll have access to high toons to help you get through certain things
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree with the posters who said to keep your focus. There are a lot of characters in the game and it’s really easy to get distracted and stop farming one because you’ll need another for something else. Since your focus right now is Phoenix, keep doing Phoenix and don’t bother with other characters until you have five of them at 7 stars. However, once you have all Phoenix members at 5 stars and can unlock tier 3 health mod challenges, I’d farm mods from there one day a week (instead of Hera or Ezra) to keep your team competitive in arena and to generally improve the team.

For credit heists, Dengar is the only scoundrel you can farm without delaying Phoenix. I farmed him for credit heists and he’s not really impressive, but he’ll do until you can get better characters later on. Once you finish Chopper, I would focus on farming Boba Fett from the cantina store, since he’s the best scoundrel you can get before you unlock raid Han Solo or the Veteran Smugglers. He will be your main damage dealer in credit heists and droid smuggling events.

I’d also recommend you make sure you’re in an active guild. The more raids and guild events you can do, the more rewards you will get and the better you will be prepared for later game content.

As for arena, the rework to Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader means anybody who is using these characters in arena will probably be able to squash your Phoenix team with little trouble. The key to beating them on offense is mods with high speed secondaries so you can take them out before they do too much damage. On defense, they’re going to walk all over you and there’s nothing you can do about it. If there are a significant number of people on your arena shard who have Emperor Palpatine and you don’t, then they’re unfortunately just going to be ahead of you in arena most of the time until the next big character event happens. And that’s no fun to hear, but if you keep at it, you will eventually catch up.
  • ^ @Kai_Mulai good post.
  • My advice for credit heist is simple..do note that for now..i want to help u in short term..long term goals make it hard to concentrate curently:
    Farm hera and ezra in cantina to 7*. They have excellent drop rates usually. Alsp buy their shards ob fleet store and guild events store whenever they show up.
    After those 2 farm lando to 5*. Then concentrate on wedge (a big rebel dmg dealer and a wonderful leader).
    Get wedge to 7* ASAP.
    But give importance to lando after phoenix.
  • I suggest you to farm phoenix , since you focused yourself on them. On start it's better to get biggs ,ST han , leia , lando , and ackbar maybe for lead. ST Han gives additional turn meter , good for raids and also fights.

For now just try to get them to 7 stars , and give up on them after you get thrawn on 7 stars.
    In mid - end game they are useless , but rebels are good and you will need to get CLS , kenobi , han solo , r2-d2 and BB-8

At start , it's best to get good team with rebels so you can get the arena currency easily.
    Then , farm phoenix characters , cause you can auto GW , have squad currency fast.

So , your main focus should be on phoenix .
    In fleet shipments: Phantom , Ghost , Slave 1 ,maybe some good units.