A dumb question....

I know I saw it in the forum or somewhere but in Squad Arena, what time does ranking get recorded for prize Tier purposes?? I thought my locked-in rank for Tier bonuses at 6PM were recorded at 12AM??? Arghh....

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    I always assumed that wherever your rank is at the time of the prize release (6PM PST) is what you get. Are you saying that the day's ranking is calculated at a different time?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    on 6PM est they reset the Squad Arena, and every midnight at 12AM est they reset the daily bonus.

Not sure if that answer your question.
  • I think the moment the prizes get awarded they look at your rank at that time.
  • To make it clearer, I didn't know if I should focus on my current rank at 6PM or 12AM when I'm trying to determine which Tier I'll be in. I've been playing with the idea that at 6PM when I receive my daily prize, my rank at that point is used to determine my Tier. Is this the case or is it midnight???

• 6 pm
  • Rolf wrote: »
    I always assumed that wherever your rank is at the time of the prize release (6PM PST) is what you get. Are you saying that the day's ranking is calculated at a different time?

I also thought the same but wanted to be sure. It would suck to say, play at midnight thinking that at 12AM, your prize Tier was determined only to find you're wrong and you drop rank from 12AM to 6PM the next day and screw yourself....
  • You get your prize at 6pm in whatever time zone the server you're in is. For example I heard somebody say they first started the game overseas then came home and now they are stuck on that server. As far as I know there are at least 24 different servers, so 6pm everywhere.

Or, another theory is that there are multiple different timezones in one server, but they get awarded at 6pm in whatever timezone they're in. For example I live in New Zealand. Having a server just for us, the Pacific islands and the far East of Russia would be pointless. I'm probably on a Server with Australia and some of SE Asia (I do see a few eastern looking igns. So I would get prizes at 6pm, Sydney would get prizes at 6pm their time, or 8pm my time.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • You get your prize at 6pm in whatever time zone the server you're in is. For example I heard somebody say they first started the game overseas then came home and now they are stuck on that server. As far as I know there are at least 24 different servers, so 6pm everywhere.

Or, another theory is that there are multiple different timezones in one server, but they get awarded at 6pm in whatever timezone they're in. For example I live in New Zealand. Having a server just for us, the Pacific islands and the far East of Russia would be pointless. I'm probably on a Server with Australia and some of SE Asia (I do see a few eastern looking igns. So I would get prizes at 6pm, Sydney would get prizes at 6pm their time, or 8pm my time.

So then what the consensus is, is to ensure that at 6PM, whatever Prize Tier you are in will be the prize you receive for that day then???
  • I get my bonus based on my ranking at 6pm Central time. I have at 5:55 climbed up to a higher reward and received it . Have also had reverse happen. Tbh I don't like this system, can't understand why it can't use a 24 hour period. 18 hours with a 6 hour cool down is kinda odd.
  • I get my bonus based on my ranking at 6pm Central time. I have at 5:55 climbed up to a higher reward and received it . Have also had reverse happen. Tbh I don't like this system, can't understand why it can't use a 24 hour period. 18 hours with a 6 hour cool down is kinda odd.

The way I see it, they have the cool down reset the same time as everything else so it's easier for them to code, and at 6pm (I'm on mountain time so mine is at 7) for the rewards so it's easier for people to bump their rank at the last minute. Seems a bit more fair to be able to use your arena time around supper than in the middle of the night. Gives an unfair advantage to adults over the kids who -should- be asleep then. ;)