Sith raid feedback

Why nerf it? If Resistance plays well, let it. If STHan makes a squad more viable, let it. Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a challenge. But the inability to log real damage sucks. I mean, geez, a Resistance Squad can score 4 million points but take off only 1-2% from the enemy’s health. So by all means nerf it and prevent even that. Personally, I like the ability to figure out how to solo a raid or phase. How about you just let the player base enjoy it? It’s fun! Is there anything wrong with that?

Replies

• Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I tend to agree, even with the stHan sentiment. It's like, whatever, let's go nuts. Get millions of damage. Any nerf at all a pain. This must be the only game in history that needs 50 people in guild all with 50 jtr type characters to do a raid. Not even games like wow is this tedious. I just feel really bad for the game changer (who release the videos of millions of damage) and the leaders and officers recruiting and managing all timers, raids, etc.
    Hit the gym.
  • At least with HAAT you can exhaust your toons. 5 battles? When they inflict such pitiful amounts of damage? Keep it.
  • StHAN did need the nerf... JTR does account for 70% of my total damage.. With the expose nerf the damage I can do in a day is basically cut in half. I hope this slight health decrease is similar...

For me the second best squads a found center around deathtrooper and his death mark.

JTR damage might have been a bit high, but the bigger issue for balance is that many toons are not viable because of the tendacity bonus. Many toons apply debuffs after they do damage, so the bosses always have at least +50%tendacity..

I suggest one of following..

1-remove the tendacity bonus

2-keep the speed bonus on damage, apply the tendacity bonus when successfully debuffed(or tm reduced).

IMO option 2 would be much better then the current setup. As it gives options for squads that use debuffs, while not allowing continuous tm removal.
  • I think the STHan squad in p3 is fun, especially since the rest of the raid is so difficult. Instead of nerfing STHan, I suggest you set Traya’s Bonds of Weakness max cap at 450 to avoid the lag time. Keep the game moving. Don’t throw up a roadblock.
  • Funny fact...friend of mine IRL has nearly 3m GP and can’t, for the life of him, figure out the STHan trick. So, please don’t assume it’s ruining the game. Finding tricks that work is fun.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    i made an own thread, but also want to say here, that with the rewards of t6 (needed 6 days...) i can put 3 gear12 matetials on a hero IN A YEAR!

for me and my guild the stress isn‘t worth.

i am very curious about the rewards of the t5. (3/4 days)
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    i am very curious about the rewards of the t5. (3/4 days)

They are absolute garbage. Rancor raid gear that you probably have thousands of. My guild has finished 2 t5 raids and I had a total of 6 stun cuffs that I could actually use from the rewards.
  • Mr_Sausage, if this is true, i am sure our next sith raid will need 8/9 days...
    the half guild will not participate. and i **** woke up at 02.45 in the morning to use new rey after refreshing... :-(
  • Just as CG eventually increased the rewards payout for TB I’m hopeful they will increase the rewards for Sith raid too. Otherwise, it’s not going to be worth it for guilds to participate.
  • Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    I think the STHan squad in p3 is fun, especially since the rest of the raid is so difficult. Instead of nerfing STHan, I suggest you set Traya’s Bonds of Weakness max cap at 450 to avoid the lag time. Keep the game moving. Don’t throw up a roadblock.

I retract and revise...wanna fix it? Make Traya’s Bonds of Weakness cap at 200. And PLEASE fix the laggy nature of this raid (particularly around Traya). That would pretty much solve that issue.
  • Geb111
    10 posts Member
    I think it’s quite evident the sith raid is not gonna fly. These things happen. Learn from your mistakes and fix what you can. Apologize and try again. ITS JUST NOT FUN!!!
    That’s the truth in a nutshell.
  • Yep. Not fun. I’ve tried but it sucks.
  • I understand your frustrations Ghost, but part of the problem with the JTR and STHan being so powerful and effective for this raid is that it effects the community as a whole. If they are some of the best performing characters, many competitive and semi competitive guilds will force their guild mates/guild candidates to farm/gear up/require those specific toons, thus limiting squad/team diversity.

The developers have mentioned that the raid was designed with intentions of no team being capable of soloing it. I'm okay with that as it makes the raid more of a team and joint effort. Also, by this tweak/nerf of certain characters mechanics I believe will result in further encouragement of team crafting & testing (which is what I love about a new content).

However, with the tweaking and nerfing to characters/abilities, I also do expect the developers to tweak/nerf the raid itself. I've heard they have plans on doing so. I really hope the fix the tenacity issues as that would expand the roster of viable characters to use.
  • olboombap wrote: »
    I understand your frustrations Ghost, but part of the problem with the JTR and STHan being so powerful and effective for this raid is that it effects the community as a whole. If they are some of the best performing characters, many competitive and semi competitive guilds will force their guild mates/guild candidates to farm/gear up/require those specific toons, thus limiting squad/team diversity.

The developers have mentioned that the raid was designed with intentions of no team being capable of soloing it. I'm okay with that as it makes the raid more of a team and joint effort. Also, by this tweak/nerf of certain characters mechanics I believe will result in further encouragement of team crafting & testing (which is what I love about a new content).

However, with the tweaking and nerfing to characters/abilities, I also do expect the developers to tweak/nerf the raid itself. I've heard they have plans on doing so. I really hope the fix the tenacity issues as that would expand the roster of viable characters to use.

In all sincerity, I appreciate your response and the positive tone. I admit I have grown a little negative recently and your reply was a refreshing one when this forum so many times has an attacking feel when people disagree here.

I don’t know the answer here. All I can say is that even when JTRey squads amassed more damage than other squads (and they still do), it didn’t appear to be a game changer when such little health percentage actually whittles away from the bosses. Soloing looks out of the question. I certainly understand the devs point; just had fun with the STHan loop until it was taken away. I’m not a theory crafter and appreciate those who work hard to figure these things out (I don’t have the patience or aptitude). I just have fun playing the game every day (and have for 2 years now). I like a challenge. But one that seems nearly impossible, and one that doesn’t provide the rewards at a level for the effort, Just is taking a while for me to fall in love with. Hopefully I’ll get there.

Again, thanks for your constructive feedback!