Zeta sion vs Zeta R2 CA : What happen??

First:
R2's Combat Analysis zeta: When R2 is alive, lightside characters cleanse when they score a critical hit.

Sion's unique zeta: When Sion is hit, the enemy who hit Sion gets a Pain (if it passed the Tenacity check)

Let's say player A uses R2 with Combat Analysis and he uses some Lightside characters along with it. And player B uses Zeta Sion.

Now, if Player A's R2 is alive and his lightside character hits player B's zeta Sion, and it's a critically hit, what happens? (Let's also assume zeta Sion successfully inflicted Pain when he was hit) Does the Pain remain on player A's Lightside character after the critical hit, or does the Pain get removed as soon as it was inflicted, as if it never happened?

Put differently, does the cleanse from R2 CA zeta happen first, or does the infliction of Pain from Sion unique zera happen first?

Replies

• Any idea?
  • We have to test that but sion zeta is not very common...

Normally, both ability are coded to trigger with the same event (critical hit). Because of that one should not affect the other. The R2d2 cleanse should clear all active debuff before the attack. Sion's pain should apply as it should be and may be clear at the next attack only.
  • I would say whatever triggers afterwards.... My guess is that pain will stick.

NS zombie attacks paploo, paploo has the counter/retribution buff (his basic cleanses all buffs on the target) so paploo counterattacks zombie.

Zombie still ends up with taunt.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Both the language of Sion’s skill and logic dictate that his thing happens last. So R2 May cleanse himself with a critical on Sion, but Sion will still out pain on him afterward.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Don’t know which Sion you’re referring to but my Sion says it inflicts Pain at the end of the turn. Not after a Critical.
  • You hit someone, you crit him, you cleanse yourself and you get pain.
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Don’t know which Sion you’re referring to but my Sion says it inflicts Pain at the end of the turn. Not after a Critical.

Sion's zeta inflicts Pain whenever he gets hit, the critical part is R2's CA zeta, which cleanses light side characters when they score a crit.
  • Sion’s zeta is a direct counter to R2’s CA. R2’s dispels immediately after a critical hit. Sions inflicts pain at the END of the any turn to units who damaged him. So even if CLS, Han, whoever gets a crit and cleanses immediately after doing so, pain will be inflicted on them as their turn ends.
  • Sion will inflict Pain
  • 1 R2 does a Crit hit

2 Sion then applies pain after R2s turn

I dont see why this is even a question
  • VanKings22 wrote: »
    1 R2 does a Crit hit

Because you’re totally neglecting the part of the inquiry where R2 cleanses himself.

With your numbering system, it’s either

1 R2 crits
    1.5 R2 cleanses
    2 Sion then applies pain

OR

1 R2 crits
    2 Sion then applies pain
    3 R2 cleanses
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Read what it says on your Sion or from swgoh.gg. The one pasted by OP is so wrong it’s funny you guys take it to be true.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    1 R2 does a Crit hit

Because you’re totally neglecting the part of the inquiry where R2 cleanses himself.

With your numbering system, it’s either

1 R2 crits
    1.5 R2 cleanses
    2 Sion then applies pain

OR

1 R2 crits
    2 Sion then applies pain
    3 R2 cleanses
    Missed this but yes the first one is correct, R2 crits, cleanses and now his turn is over and then pain is applied so yeah that pain is going to show up after his turn.