First order SF tie fighter

OnJouney
309 posts Member
edited March 2018
Soo, is anyone using it? I am in the top 20 and never saw it..
Currently leveling both, the SF pilot and the ship up. Pilot is soon gear 11 , ship is currently 5 stars.
Post edited by OnJouney on

Replies

• It's kind of a pointless ship... I see kylo unmask but no sf fighters
  • But why?
    On paper it looks extremely strong
  • It's useful, and some of my guildmates are getting great use of it in TW and DSTB. However, it doesn't fit the current ship meta (Thrawn, TFP, FOTP, reaper, Vader, Biggs).

• Basic: TL (when crit, which is roughly 40% including bonus)
    AOE: 35% chance to remove 20% tm
    Special: Ability block, ignore protection, random assist

Could be useful yeah, but if i put this in the front lineup, do i drop reaper? Biggs? Vader? Fotp? Tfp? If i can use 6 ships on the front lineup, this ship definitely will go in, but currently the ship meta is full and there is no place
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I am neither using reaper nor Vader. Don't have the characters up.
    Currently using Thrawn, Biggs, TFP, FOTP, Fives, Boba in the main squad. Maybe put fives out to get Kylo unmasked in?
    And Boba out for the SF tie fighter. So I thought.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I"d drop boba to reinforce, fives has irresistible target lock. That's why. But i'm not a huge fan of umbaran either, because he spreads tm to enemy like a wildfire.
    Also if you have sf tie but dont have reaper and vader, maybe you should use sf tie in the front lineup and unmask as reinforcement, because it's better to start the battle with as much target locks as possible
  • I"d drop boba to reinforce, fives has irresistible target lock. That's why. But i'm not a huge fan of umbaran either, because he spreads tm to enemy like a wildfire.
    Also if you have sf tie but dont have reaper and vader, maybe you should use sf tie in the front lineup and unmask as reinforcement, because it's better to start the battle with as much target locks as possible

Thanks for the post.
    Yea, and the umbaran doesn't use his special as ai. I like it as I hate it.
    Currently I use Poe's ship, clone trooper, Rex and wedges ship as reinforcement. But in most rounds I only get Poe and/or Rex into the game. Rex's special and his tankiness helps a lot if you got a faster Thrawn but need a bit more time on a loosing edge.
    Would put wedge and clone trooper out for Boba and Kylo unmasked then.
    But one thing I like with Boba that he can mostly one shot the enemy's tfp with offensive up and one special. Because I don't have Vader it's really annoying to get through that dodging..
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    There’s one in my ship arena, my resident kraken uses it, 7* and pilot at g12 7* as his first reinforcement, under thrawn his aoe straight out the blocks is a massive kitten to your plans
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    OnJouney wrote: »
    But why?

Unfortunately the list of toons where that statement is true, is longer than a jawa is tall.
  • I"d drop boba to reinforce, fives has irresistible target lock. That's why. But i'm not a huge fan of umbaran either, because he spreads tm to enemy like a wildfire.

Also on defense unmasked uses his special first turn which is a waste mabe if he comes off the bench he will be able to take someone out with it when he comes in.

I'm trying to run fo ships in arena unmasked is really good on offense I have him in my starting line up. But on defense it's a liability. So for my last battle I switch him to reserve.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I see it in my arena shard (Dec 2015) in top 20 sometimes. KRU (L), KR, FOSFTFP, FOTP and FOE.
  • Running fosf tie , 7 star ship and toon , gear 12 maxed .. having ago at the moment with leaving biggs out of the list in ship arena as im over looking at same bunch of limited ships , moff lead due to the masses of blue
  • NIGHTMAN
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    OnJouney wrote: »
    But why?

Unfortunately the list of toons where that statement is true, is longer than a jawa is tall.

"I do not think that means what you think it means"
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I"d drop boba to reinforce, fives has irresistible target lock. That's why. But i'm not a huge fan of umbaran either, because he spreads tm to enemy like a wildfire.

Also on defense unmasked uses his special first turn which is a waste mabe if he comes off the bench he will be able to take someone out with it when he comes in.

I'm trying to run fo ships in arena unmasked is really good on offense I have him in my starting line up. But on defense it's a liability. So for my last battle I switch him to reserve.

Yeah I wish KRU's Tie Silencer would only use it's special on defense when it has Advantage or the target has low health, otherwise it's almost always a waste. I'd rather him use his basic and spread stuns.