Darth Traya is for Whale Guilds only

2Next

Replies

• sying wrote: »
    The sith raid isn’t just for whales. It helps. It is also for those who are ftp all the way up to dolphins that have also been around a while and are smart about what they farm. In this raid it’s going to come down to who has the right teams. If you don’t have the right teams then you will fight to catch up. If you’re a whale it will make it way easier to catch up. If not, then expect to be stuck behind the time wall for a while.
    Sith Raid seems to be having the right team, singular? Certainly heroic, anyway.
  • Nice review McMole, lots of good points for developers to consider. Keep up the good work mate.
  • I disagree that the HAAT raid was like this. It was hard when it was released, but wasn’t there a level cap increase and a new gear tier that came with it? It was extremely hard because we were fighting it at level 80. Even though it was hard, it wasn’t THIS hard, and we could see a finish line for it. We knew we just needed to level up and get some of these characters to the next gear level and we would be fine.

I just came from a 120 million GP guild, which isn’t elite, but is pretty solid. We couldn’t see any path to completing heroic anytime in even the distant future and that was before all the nerfs. When the goal post is so far away we can’t even see it that’s extremely discouraging and it makes people not even care to strive for it.
  • have you heard of paywalls? Well Darth Traya isnt even behind that wall. She is behind a godwall. Do you see any gods here? Then you wont see any Trayas either.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    No matter what you say in the forums there’s always some dweeb against the point you’re making, this new raid is a complete and utter joke, anyone that says otherwise must be blind stupid or both.

It needs a massive nerf, the guild I’m in is currently running T5, and the rewards aren’t worth it.
  • leef wrote: »
    I’m very relaxed. My mood, however, is irrelevant.

The raid structure and character release model in this game has become increasingly elitist. Not a good thing IMO.

increasingly elitist? What the fudge are you talking about? Both rancor and AAT were just roster checks aswell, only whale guilds got raid han and kenobi quickly.
    Obviously new content is end game content, doesn't make a whole lot of sence to make a raid aimed at lvl 70 players.

But this time level 70 players can't even do tier 3

We have 90million GP and still can't beat tier 5 before the tickets are maxed

I agree heroic should be top players only , but tier 6 and below are way over tuned imo
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • A level cap increase is coming, full G12 is coming, perhaps even G13, and 6 dot mods are coming. That will all make the new raid a kitten ton easier and level the playing field to a degree, but the whale guilds will definitely have a head start. It is just how much of one is the question. That's just speculation, but we all know it is.

All the signs point to it, but especially the mod store. Good mods being able to be bought with both ship and regular credits to deplete your banks before the new content that you will then be short on credits for. But do not worry, there will be a great mega-credit pack in the store for 3500 crystals.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Wait, the people who pay so most can play for free get the shiny toys first? ThisIsAnOutrage.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Just finished our 3rd heroic. Couple of whales but half are light spenders with the rest F2P. 3rd rank in the raid was full ftp.

It's getting easier once we make use of our rosters. Jawas under zarriss lead can do 1% damage in P3. Important thing is that does not overlap with any other teams used in the raid
  • leef wrote: »
    I’m very relaxed. My mood, however, is irrelevant.

The raid structure and character release model in this game has become increasingly elitist. Not a good thing IMO.

increasingly elitist? What the fudge are you talking about? Both rancor and AAT were just roster checks aswell, only whale guilds got raid han and kenobi quickly.
    Obviously new content is end game content, doesn't make a whole lot of sence to make a raid aimed at lvl 70 players.

I agree heroic should be top players only , but tier 6 and below are way over tuned imo

Couldn't agree more with this statement we are 86mill and decided to just blow through T4s so we don't feel like we are banging our heads against a shiny brick wall. Even my 2nd acct we are a very small guild of wide ranges of GP with about 25 active members and just finishing T1-P2 on our 2nd go around been 7 days so far
  • Just finished our 3rd heroic. Couple of whales but half are light spenders with the rest F2P. 3rd rank in the raid was full ftp.

It's getting easier once we make use of our rosters. Jawas under zarriss lead can do 1% damage in P3. Important thing is that does not overlap with any other teams used in the raid

@John_Matrix1985
    What Jawas are you using with Barriss?
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Just finished our 3rd heroic. Couple of whales but half are light spenders with the rest F2P. 3rd rank in the raid was full ftp.

3 days ago you said you weren't sure anyone under 140mil GP would be able to finish it.

1) Are you guys over 140 mil GP?
    2) Do you think a 2.8mil AVERAGE is not a whale guild?

• KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    There’s always a thread like this when a new raid is released. Just like GK, everyone will have her at 7* in 8-9 months. Top guilds will have her in 3-4 maybe.

I think we're looking at much longer than 8-9 months before she starts to appear in the rosters of "average" guilds, which I would associate with "everyone".

I think 8 to 9 months sounds right, especially if they introduce a level cap increase to level 90. Pretty sure the Heroic Sith raid is probably tuned to Level 90 toons and as guilds get more JTR's and level and gear up their toons, the Heroic Sith raid will get more manageable.

It's just difficult right now because a lot of guilds don't have a lot of JTRs but with the Vets fully farmable for F2P I think we will see a lot more people prioritizing them to get JTR.

IMO, if you have JTR and CLS & Raid Han (for the Chex Mix team in P3) across your guilds and they are leveled and geared up, the Heroic Sith Raid will be very manageable. Its going to take time, but just like with the HAAT raid, lower level guilds will catch up to the upper end guilds.
  • Everyone wait for more kotor toons to come out..they will be the meta for the sith raid. We can already see the effect marr is having. Think of what bastille and revan would do once they come out (hopefully sometime this year). Till then either spend like a whale or be satisfied with lower tiers. The devs wont listen to the 90%. They only care for the 10%. Its a proven fact.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member

The odd thing here is that Heroic actually lets people to try combinations, something that can’t be attempted with lower tier raids.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    KyloRey wrote: »

+1 heroic is fine if they intend to raise the level cap but tier 1-6 are way overtuned. It's really noticeable though below tier 4 when you send in end-game meta toons and still don't put much of a dent in the bosses because of crazy high health pools (to say nothing of the boss "I hard counter 90% of meta toon mechanics" nonsense ). I get that using an optimal team for that phase at low tiers should do better than an ad hoc team but even an ad hoc end-game team should be able to take a very sizable chunk out of a boss's health.

There's no realistic way guilds that just meet those minimum requirements take less than a month to do one raid (factoring in that they can't use JTR or CLS or thrawn among other meta toons since they only have 4* toons if they're doing tier 4).

I'm pretty sure if players saying the lower tiers are fine tried tier 4 with restrictions like only 3 dot mods, no toons that cant be unlocked at that star level etc. They'd have a different opinion.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    We have been farming HAAT for a few months now, and it takes us 17 days to do a T5 (although I must admit that this is in part because of the burnout it is causing. If all committed fully we would be able to do it in maybe 12 days)
  • The game will just lose whales like otrademark that can't take spending money on it anymore. More threats will be made in guilds to spend money or get booted. It's a endless cycle.