Asajj Strike Fear issue

t0neg0d
616 posts Member
Asajj Strike Fear special ability does not trigger Admiral Akbar's leadership ability.

Is this intentional? Am I missing something? Or is this not working properly?

Replies

• Options
    Its wai cuz strike fear is an attack n says so in the description were it says “this attack cant be evaded or resisted”. SO thts why it dont trigger an atk under akbar
  • Options
    Its wai cuz strike fear is an attack n says so in the description were it says “this attack cant be evaded or resisted”. SO thts why it dont trigger an atk under akbar

No. Several abilities have the word attack in their description, yet they still trigger ackbar's lead. I think it's a bug.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    Options
    It targets the enemy team so it probably counts as an attack
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    lladdir wrote: »

Im trying to find a similar ability on another character to test this with, but there aren't many to choose from... an attack that does no dmg, just strips buff. All other abilities I can find that strip buffs and do no dmg, don't count as an attack & trigger AA's lead.
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    lladdir wrote: »

Im trying to find a similar ability on another character to test this with, but there aren't many to choose from... an attack that does no dmg, just strips buff. All other abilities I can find that strip buffs, don't count as an attack & trigger AA's lead.

JTR and chopper both strip buffs and reduce turn meter in non-attacks and neither trigger it

Edit: never mind, both of these apply debuffs which is why they don’t trigger it. Suppose it depends on if tm reduction counts as an offensive effect
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Try chopper nevermind tm reduction
  • Options
    Yeah... I'm really having trouble finding another ability to test. It seems it's unique enough to be WAI... correct or not, I have no idea... why I was asking here.

If it's WAI, that's cool too.
  • Options
    Try Bohdi
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    No damage doesn’t mean no Attack.
    Any TMR or debuffs count as an Attack even if it does 0 Damage.
  • Options
    Old Ben's "Mind Tricks" counts as an attack and does not trigger AA's leader ability
  • Options
    big_bad wrote: »
    Old Ben's "Mind Tricks" counts as an attack and does not trigger AA's leader ability

Mind Tricks inflicts debuffs and removes TM. It’s a completely different situation. All specials that force a Evasion or Potency check are considered “attacks” for the purpose of AA lead.

Ventress does neither. I really think it was an oversight, but can’t think of another move that fits that parameter to check.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    big_bad wrote: »

Mind Tricks inflicts debuffs and removes TM. It’s a completely different situation. All specials that force a Evasion or Potency check are considered “attacks” for the purpose of AA lead.

Ventress does neither. I really think it was an oversight, but can’t think of another move that fits that parameter to check.

Yep... this. Not even sure if I should try reporting it without, at least, having some comparison to use.