Why so soon leaving us Papa Palp? We need you.. nOOoooo

Prev1
Screenshot_2018_03_11_13_27_34_424.jpg
I'm so sorry, latest sith rework and sion addition is great.. it's just the mechanic that terribly bad when in mirror match. Most of the people don't like coin flip, or winning chance decide by RNG factor. It's like the sith drama, fighting against each other. It is sith faction that destroy themself.

Fyi i'm at mid 2016 leaderboard. There is around 20 rex lead in the top 50, papa palp team start to dissapear one by one. Btw how's ur leaderboard looks like? :flushed:

Replies

• scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Yup I have noticed this too. Sion mechanic forces a very good game of hide the Nihilus. So Rex is back as cleanse and tenacity up is only way to really stop sion taunt
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    There are ways of beating mirror matches of EP leads with Vader, which is to say almost all of them, without resorting to "farm better speed mods". My personal favorite is using DT and Krennic - it they go first, DT springs into action by throwing his granade, messing the enemy cooldowns and taking apart their entire battle plan.
    But people are lazy. They want to follow the latest meta without actually taking time to strategize. There are countless teams that could reach the top of arena now.
    One example I've thought of - droids. With GK at the lowest he has ever been in arena since his release (and nobody even brought in Traya yet), crit immunity is less of a thing now. So, HK lead with BB8, R2, and two other droids should start at 40% TM (making them faster then anyone else currently in the meta), and every crit will make them faster. But not a single person has even brought up the possibility.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Droids are a no go. The return of rex insures that. All the tm gain.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Whazn wrote: »
    Droids are a no go. The return of rex insures that. All the tm gain.

Right... The 5% TM Rex and co will gain is equal to the 50% droids gain.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Clones gain 20% everyone else gets 10%. Every aoe from the droids is full tm for rex. If he uses his cleanse it's full tm for everyone.
  • 44%palp 46%cls 5%jtr/fo/etc
  • I personally have had no issues with Rex leads. I just wait until he uses tenacity up and then drop sions AoE to remove it all then it's just a simple kill everyone
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I just roll with the 80 percent chance Ability block on their Vader. 80 percent wins is good enough for the amount of sion on my shard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Why are you hiding your own playername? haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2018
    leef wrote: »

Haha.

Anyway, this is always an inevitable reaction to a debuff heavy "meta". Thrawn would be be right up there, but the AI, is not so "I" when it comes to his special skill...
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yup I have noticed this too. Sion mechanic forces a very good game of hide the Nihilus. So Rex is back as cleanse and tenacity up is only way to really stop sion taunt

@scuba the mechanic papa palp zeta lead is fun, with addition of sion it's more fun, but it's no fun when have mirror match, too complicated for me lol. But it's not that easy using rex lead. Timing must be perfect, tenacity up too soon u screw, got cooldown increase u are trapped with sion. But at least RNG involvement with rex team is not too much
  • leef wrote: »

@leef i don't have leaderboard group chat. I don't wanna find by my shardmates. I'm a lone wolf that battle relentless over and over again hoho
    :tongue:
  • I personally have had no issues with Rex leads. I just wait until he uses tenacity up and then drop sions AoE to remove it all then it's just a simple kill everyone

Also the same with rex lead user, have no trouble with papa palp zeta lead n sion. When on offence, everyone can beat anyone nowadays
    :grimace:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »

leef i don't have leaderboard group chat. I don't wanna find by my shardmates. I'm a lone wolf that battle relentless over and over again hoho
    fair enough. Just checked my top5, 5 palp leads. So you're not on my leaderboard, i would have hunted you down !! ;p
  • yeah this shift is happening and will more as I'm seeing the comments in the chat - everyone went EP so mirror matches no one likes and the DV / Sion / DN makes it RNG or Vader-speed mod dependent. I've stayed with RJT the whole time and feel good on offense vs. EP or Rex. I'd recommend going back to her and tweak the team. I like Poe / Thrawn as the +2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@leef i don't have leaderboard group chat. I don't wanna find by my shardmates. I'm a lone wolf that battle relentless over and over again hoho

Challenge accepted! :wink:
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

scuba the mechanic papa palp zeta lead is fun, with addition of sion it's more fun, but it's no fun when have mirror match, too complicated for me lol. But it's not that easy using rex lead. Timing must be perfect, tenacity up too soon u screw, got cooldown increase u are trapped with sion. But at least RNG involvement with rex team is not too much

Oh no doubt it is fun. I personally won't run it because it is everywhere. Mine still has plenty of NS, JTR teams but the EP start to cluster at the top at certain points

I just run ewoks with zolo and kill them all!
  • This prompted me to check my own top-10 to see who's dominating my shard, since I haven't checked in a while...

It's an Ewok team with Raid Han....

What? Wha.. I don't...
  • Probably switched to that team so the others can make it to #1 for payout. Though we all know that Ewoks > Empire. The Ewok meta is coming...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Rex is a lame lead, so cheap, so generic, so overpowered, ot must be nerfed, l am sick of him, just put the most OP toons under Rex leadership, and you wi, easy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Rex is a lame lead, so cheap, so generic, so overpowered, ot must be nerfed, l am sick of him, just put the most OP toons under Rex leadership, and you wi, easy.
    Got problems winning in arena?
    Rex + raid han, problems solved. Super speed can't even save you from getting beat by them, haha.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    My leaderboard is still a lot of palp
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Probably switched to that team so the others can make it to #1 for payout. Though we all know that Ewoks > Empire. The Ewok meta is coming...

That team can run through those EP lead sith/empire. Sion makes it a little tougher but still wins
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I just roll with the 80 percent chance Ability block on their Vader. 80 percent wins is good enough for the amount of sion on my shard.

Haha I do the same thing.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Probably switched to that team so the others can make it to #1 for payout. Though we all know that Ewoks > Empire. The Ewok meta is coming...

That team can run through those EP lead sith/empire. Sion makes it a little tougher but still wins

it's pretty amazing really how good the Ewoks are player controlled. In CG's other big game Heroes of Dragon Age, you actually had 8 teams slots to use in PVP and you could set 1 as your defense permanently no matter what you used on offense. There would be some downside, but attacking offensively I liked that option.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The top 50 in my shard are still over 60% CLS and RJT teams. One Rex team though he is in the top 5.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

My ability block rarely landed @Olddumper , maybe bcause i don't have potency primary on cross mod with nice speed. Force crush all the time :lol:

leef i don't have leaderboard group chat. I don't wanna find by my shardmates. I'm a lone wolf that battle relentless over and over again hoho
    fair enough. Just checked my top5, 5 palp leads. So you're not on my leaderboard, i would have hunted you down !! ;p
    @leef nuoOOOOOoooo!! :scream:
    Kyno wrote: »

Challenge accepted! :wink:
    No @Kyno , u're not in my leaderboard :tongue:

• This prompted me to check my own top-10 to see who's dominating my shard, since I haven't checked in a while...

It's an Ewok team with Raid Han....

What? Wha.. I don't...

Watch out @SpadeFreeman , maybe u in the same leaderboard with @scuba

THOSE EWOKS WILL CRUSH U!! :scream:
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Rex is a lame lead, so cheap, so generic, so overpowered, ot must be nerfed, l am sick of him, just put the most OP toons under Rex leadership, and you wi, easy.
    Got problems winning in arena?
    Rex + raid han, problems solved. Super speed can't even save you from getting beat by them, haha.

Yes @ElleMadara , as u and @leef said.. rex is amazing, efficient way to grab #1. I understand if u love n admire rex so much haha

Btw for me personally, i don't have to bump up much chars.. gear up, switch mods, put zeta here and there. Just put mixed old OP chars under rex, use them, i can work on other chars that need improvement without worry much about arena :grimace: