Ventress

Prev1
KLCS21
83 posts Member
Why isn't Ventress a Bounty Hunter? I get her not being a Jedi because she was only a padawan. And not a sith because she was Dooku's apprentice but law of 2 would have needed her to either kill Dooku or Dooku kill Sidious. But Ventress was a member of Boba's Bounty Hunter group. That happened. No reason not to put her in the group. Also it would be a welcome addition to a weak group that has become necessary in Dark Side Territory Battles. CG, what gives?

Replies

• KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    In fact, on StarWars.com she was listed number 7 in the Top Ten Bounty Hunters list.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    Options
    This version of her is before Dooku abandoned her...after making her Sith

Had to do it
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    The devs described the toons as being "snapshots" so she only got the tags for the snap shot given. The one in game is after dooku dumps her and she is with the nightsisters. So she has nightsister synergy, but no sith and no bounty hunter.
    This is also the same logic behind the different types of a single character (Raid Han, Stormtrooper Han, Captain Han, Veteran Han)
  • Options
    The devs described the toons as being "snapshots" so she only got the tags for the snap shot given. The one in game is after dooku dumps her and she is with the nightsisters. So she has nightsister synergy, but no sith and no bounty hunter.
    This is also the same logic behind the different types of a single character (Raid Han, Stormtrooper Han, Captain Han, Veteran Han)

Oh ok i understand better R2D2 tags
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Untrue.

Ventress has a "Separatist" tag. Which means she would still have to have been with Dooku. Then she should be Sith if that's the "snapshot".
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    And yes. R2 has every tag. Because they probably don't plan on making more than one.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get a CG explanation?
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    /
    Post edited by OrpheusRobot on
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    That explains nothing. You say, "I kid you not". With sarcasm. As though you are explaining a ridiculous thought process. But your explanation means nothing. What is variable A? Variable B? I assume C = Bounty Hunter? Your "litmus test" has no meaning. And if someone can explain why A and B don't equal C, I would easily accept that reasoning.

I kid you not.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    So again I'm really looking for a CG explanation.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Ay bro your pretty cool, I like you.

Also I agree. BH tag on her would be a welcome addition.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks brah. But to be less cool, you were looking for "you're" there.
    I wish I had quoted OrpheusRobot before he edited his nonsense post inorder to remove it. Now the thred makes less sense. Either way the question still stands. Let's put it to a vote. Ventress bounty hunter? Yes or no?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    CG already said no, does not matter what your vote says.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    CG already said no, does not matter what your vote says.

True story. But maybe we could change their mind with enough votes
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Or at least maybe we could get a solid explanation? CG?
  • Options
    Imagine bounty hunter Ventress with ns in the sith raid p3. 15% offense, crit chance and 20% crit damage for every death.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    So I asked this question in a different post and for some reason it was moved to the character strategy discussion. But it has nothing to do with strategy. So I'll try again.
    Why isn't Ventress a Bounty Hunter?
    She was a member of Boba's Bounty Hunter group. And on StarWars.com She is listed as #7 on the top 10 Bounty Hunter's list.
    6 of the top 10 are in the game as Bounty Hunters. 3 are not in the game (yet?) being Jango Fett, Bossk, and Aurra Sing. The last would be Ventress, in game, but not a Bounty Hunter.
    CG, what's up with that?
    So maybe we vote.
    If enough people vote maybe CG will change their mind.
    Ventress Bounty Hunter?
    Yes or No?
  • Options
    Because every character in the game is taken from a certain time period. So for current Ventress toon, it would be illogical.
  • Options
    Ventress is not a Bounty Hunter
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Oh nevermind, I take that back. "You're" just another guy who decided to post another thread on an already beaten down topic.

Moving on.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. But that explanation doesn't really hold water because R2 is listed with all his affiliations. But let's call that the exception.
    So, let's use your premise...
    Ventress, in game, is listed as "Separatist". But she was only a Separatist when she was Count Dooku's apprentice. So why no Sith designation? By your explanation, that would have to be the "time period".
    But rather than over complicate it. Wouldn't it be easier to say, if Ventress is the #7 all time Bounty Hunter, maybe we could just correct the mistake and add her in that group?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    Oh nevermind, I take that back. "You're" just another guy who decided to post another thread on an already beaten down topic.

Moving on.

Mulato takes no prisoners
    b94.jpg
  • DeepChu
    185 posts Member
    Options
    She should be another Ventress version, a new toon. I would like the idea, but still, Aurra, Bossk or Jango should go first.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    KLCS21 wrote: »
    Ventress, in game, is listed as "Separatist". But she was only a Separatist when she was Count Dooku's apprentice. So why no Sith designation? By your explanation, that would have to be the "time period".
    My understanding is when Ventress was Dooku's assassin he never taught her any Sith lore because he was obeying the rule of two. He merely taught her lesser bits of force knowledge.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »

Moving on.

b94.jpg

Is he really taking no prisoners? He calls me cool, says he likes me, and agrees with my post. But because I correct his grammar, suddenly it's just another thread on a beaten down topic. That's taking no prisoners? Is it? Is it, really?

And his screen name has 2 "L"s.
  • KLCS21
    83 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    My understanding is when Ventress was Dooku's assassin he never taught her any Sith lore because he was obeying the rule of two. He merely taught her lesser bits of force knowledge.

I get that. And that's what I meant by not over complicating things. Because by your logic, Savage Opress shouldn't have a Sith designation. Because he played the same role under Dooku after Ventress.
  • Options
    Yeah. But that explanation doesn't really hold water because R2 is listed with all his affiliations. But let's call that the exception.
    So, let's use your premise...
    To be completely fair here, r2 is a legendary after all.

If we're going to return to the sith idea - she was never a Sith. She received very limited training in terms of the Force from Dooku.

It would be nice to see her 'older' version nonetheless. Dif toon with dif skills.
  • Options

Moving on.

b94.jpg

Is he really taking no prisoners? He calls me cool, says he likes me, and agrees with my post. But because I correct his grammar, suddenly it's just another thread on a beaten down topic. That's taking no prisoners? Is it? Is it, really?

30-subtitles-that-are-no-help-whatsoever-1-25048-1370277831-22_big.jpg

You dont challenge someones grammar. EVER. They took a lot more work to learn english you were given by your parents as a gift.
    I doubt that is the reason MuLLato changed his stance. But if it was, you insulting him for his grammar caused it.
    Since you are challenging mine as well, all legal documents (eg passports for a good example) have personal names written in conduct with the state issuing them. So my father has 2 passports in which his name is nothing alike, but both are pronounced the same. Internet handles are considered personal names.
    I too, take no prisoners.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Moving on.

b94.jpg

So you openly choose to be argumentive/condescending even when someone agrees with you ?

What even is the point of this thread?

A. You thought that you had a good idea and wanted to share it.

- Idea isn't original
    - Been posted probably 100s of times.
    - Did you honestly think that you are the first to ever come up with this? If so I applaud your lack of effort to even use the search function.

B. You are just craving attention at the moment.

- You did Instantly jump on my grammar, which is something only the most best awesome/coolest, and most most sharp/quick-witted internet thugs do.

I bet you are the most popular person in 7th grade.

C. You want people to agree with you to start some sort of rebellion, that in turn, will cause cg to act on your request.

- LOL.

Overall I give this thread a 3/10. Mildy entertaining, but bland/beaten/stale. I think you could do better if you tried tbh. Basically....

You weak brah.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

I get that. And that's what I meant by not over complicating things. Because by your logic, Savage Opress shouldn't have a Sith designation. Because he played the same role under Dooku after Ventress.

I thought savage was a snapshot of Maul's student savage from when he had set himself up as an alternate Sith lord rather than Dooku's dark side minion?

Just my opinion.