Mace Windu Rework

tex.charui_macewindu.png
Mace Windu

tex.ability_macewindu_basic.pngInvincible Assault
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Mace is above 50% Health, this attack deals 50% more damage. If Mace is below 50% Health, he recovers Health equal to 70% of the damage dealt.

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Mace have 100% Health, this attack deals 75% more damage. If Mace is below 100% Health, he recovers Health equal to 75% of the damage dealt.
tex.skill_pentagon_gold.png+10% Heal and +15% Heal +10% domage

tex.ability_macewindu_special01.pngSmite
Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects.
Deal Special damage to target enemy and remove all positive status effects. Mace Windu Gain 40% protection if the target was expose.

tex.abilityui_passive_speed.pngShatterpoint
At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 45% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be Resisted. In addition, Mace gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.
At the start of each of his turns, Mace has a 75% chance to Expose a random enemy until the end of his turn. This effect can't be Resisted. In addition, Mace gains 35% Turn Meter and 15% offence (stacking until the end of the battle) whenever he attacks an Exposed enemy.
tex.skill_zeta.png +30% chance to expose, + 10% turn meter gain and + 15% offence stacking

Replies

• Options
    The only issue is zetas if it already takes an impossible time to get every zeta adding more is pointless besides his unique having a zeta for not even that good of an effect kinda sucks sure damage stacking but it's not enough. Look at farmboy Luke. Especially when his expose isn't even 100% and he won't be that good in Rey teams if they even add him there but overall I love your take on it.
  • Options
    Maces expose should be changed to deathmark so he actually hits the right enemy
  • Options
    The expose thing needs to go away and he needs a new mechanic that works with other Jedi and/or counters Sith.

With it in the game I'd like to see him get a lesser version of Sion - basically he builds up Vapaad stacks every time he gets hit - 1 normally, 2 from darkside, 3 from Sith. They give him defensive bonuses as they stack - as his defense is one of the hallmars highlighted in starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mace_Windu - and then when he uses smite he can unleash them all on a target for offense.

I don't think anyone needs Macey to be the next meta - but it's a wet kitten to gear him for his ship only to have a totally useless toon you wouldn't even want to put on TW.... I'd like his defense stacking to make him a REAL tank - you could option playing him to not let those stacks go on a Raid to add to his survivability, IDK.

Throw in a higher base tenacity to reflect who he is - wouldn't mind seeing a Jedi Council tag - and these best of the best all get Imperial Trooper like bonuses when they're together.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Not just Mace, all the jedi are do for a rework. I agree mace needs one really bad, Mace should be ones of the hardest hitting jedi the game should have. When the JMLuke event hits the game, that is when you will see the most prominent Jedi gets solid reworks. Jedi will most likely be the next big meta in the game at that time.
  • Options
    Shatterpoint (zetad);
    mace ignores armour, if mace critically hits then add expose, tenacity down, speed down and buff immunity to the target. If mace attacks a buffed enemy he will remove all buffs and gain 10% turn meter for each buff dispelled.

Vaapad (zetad)
    Mace windu gains 20% offence and 5 speed for each of the following, opponent is sith, opponent is dark side, team mate is Jedi, team mate is republic

Smite (starts on cool down of 3);
    Deal large damage to target. If the target has debuffs then add death mark to them.

Basic attack - same as now
  • Xoulrath
    101 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I posted some ideas in another thread about Mace. IMO, his kit isn't bad; it just needs to be tweaked, and he definitely needs a second Special Ability.

I wouldn't mind one of his Abilities getting a Zeta, but I'd rather his base kit be fixed first.

His basic should deal 25/50/75% damage above 50% health, as opposed to the 25/50 that it does now. When he drops below 50% health, his healing should max out at 100% of damage dealt (keep in mind he will be dealing far less now); OR he could gain a percentage of max health.

Smite is in need of a serious rework. There are several toons who have a similar version of it, and they are ALL superior. At the very least, this move needs to be unavoidable. It could probably use a damage increase as well. And if they are going to keep it single target, then it's cool down should be reduced. As it is Sion has a multi-hit Smite that does so much more.

As for a second Special, Mace needs a move that reflects his skills with a lightsaber. It should deal heavy damage for starters. From there, it should have a couple of effects. I like Daze, as I feel this represents Mace's dueling ability. I also like Offense Up, which represents Mace taking advantage of him catching his target off-guard (Daze), and other targets cowering in fear after having just witnessed Mace's raw power. But there are a number of effects that can work here.

Mace's leader skill ain't bad, but the bonus stats could be raised a bit. And he should give half of that to non-Jedi, like so many other Leader skills do. This opens up the number of toons that can be used with Mace at leader.

As for Shatterpoint, well, quite frankly I like it. When it procs (in any game mode), it hits hard. The problem is that it often doesn't proc. It certainly doesn't feel like 45%. And when it does finally proc, it does so on a stealthed target that you can't hit. Or there is a toon who just taunted and Expose targets another toon instead. There are a number of different ways that this issue can be resolved, and it needs to be looked at. Someone else mentioned it being changed to Deathmark, and that could be an option too (though truthfully I forget what that does off the top of my head).

• Fellership
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    If Mace could stack Offense like Chirrut can stack health gain, then Mace would be a worthy Character. As it is, Mace typically falls by the wayside. He isn't HAAT viable and Anakin's leader Ability eclipses his. There are too few Jedi to warrant so many Leader Abilities in that Faction.

There are 19 Jedis - 14 Have Leader Abilities
    The WHOLE Faction Needs a Re-Work
    Post edited by Fellership on