Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Prev13456710
I bought 8 Chromium packs and got Tie Pilot shards in two of the packs. 12 Tie Pilot shards per pack. When I clicked on the first TIE pilot, my current shard count (20 from memory) went up by 12 to 32 shards, showing that I got the 12 shards from the first TIE pilot.

When I got to the second TIE pilot, I pressed on it, and I again saw the shard count go from 20 to 32 shards. I didn't get awarded the second 12 shards on that character. The counter should have shown an increase to 44 shards from 32.

It appears that I lost 12 shards on this character, and wasted a Chromium pack.

I believe this will happen any time a person buys multiple Chromium packs and gets duplicate characters! Can anyone confirm this has happened to them?

Replies

• Yes it has also happened to me and several others but to my knowledge no dev/moderators have acknowledged it so I don't whether it's being addressed or not.
  • Yes, me too. I've posted about it on here as well with zero official response, have a ticket in about it also with zero response. I've lost tons of shards this way.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I've encountered this at least three-four times by now! I've come to think it's just a visualisation error, where you see all the shards rewarded at the same time, instead of in two different chunks? I've no idea, but if this is indeed a bug I've lost a lot of money to it already. :-/
  • Yep it just happened to me again with Imperial Guards this time. Won't spend any more on this game. The awarding of shards is really buggy. I swear I've also unlocked single shards in sim missions that have not been awarded as well :(
  • Yeah I've lost tons on Cad Bane, Qui Gon, etc. super annoying. Bug priority should always be "show stoppers" then "spending related" if I'm going to spend money, I better get what I paid for. No response at all is super frustrating @EA_Jesse help!
  • I got replies to my tickets. The first reply said "working as intended, contact the developers in the forums if you think it's broken", and the second one said "please give me your player ID so I can investigate further".
  • Hey Everyone, thanks for the feedback on this. There is indeed a display issue where it shows the running total of character shards you get for a character if you get multiples from one pack, it's just displaying more than you actually got, you aren't losing any shards. However, we'll investigate what might be going on when opening multiple Chromium packs. Just to verify, you do mean opening let's say, a Chromium Data Pack (4x Chromium Cards) followed by another Chromium Data Pack?
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • @EA_Jesse that's 100% incorrect. The last Chromium Pack I opened (an 8 pack). I already had a Qui Gon with 15 shards. My second and I think sixth from this data pack ended up being sets of 10 shards for Qui Gon so I should have ended up with 35 shards, I only have 25. In an earlier pack it was even worse when one of the later draws was a four star cad bane which I lost all 32 shards because an earlier had been a small pack of cad bane shards.
  • I did get a reply to my ticket, first "sorry it's a bug can't do anything for you right now, post on the forum" And they closed the ticket. I responded that was a completely unacceptable response as this bug cost me real money and didn't deliver what I paid for. It's now been escalated in theory. If you want people to pay for stuff, make sure we get what we paid for.
  • @EA_Jesse So are you saying that if I get two Royal Guards from Chromium packs, and it shows 12 shards per guard, then in fact you are only awarding 6 shards per guard, but the app is showing me the total (two awards of 6 shards) that I was awarded? This doesn't make sense to me because for other single characters I am being awarded 12 shards per Chromium pack... If what you are saying is true (that this is a 'visual' issue) then surely I should be getting 6 shards per character from a Chromium pack. My screenshots show that for single characters (i.e no duplicates) I get 10-12 shards per character, not 6.

For clarity, I am experiencing this issue when I buy an 8 pack and open them all at once.
  • I just posted this issue myself. It is a problem period with real money.
  • This has happened to me everytime I bought the 8 pack. Last time I opened 4 Qui-Gon and I got credited with 0 and yes 0 shards since I had the character already. That was the first time that happened the others were just dublicate's being opened during the same 8-pack. I have spent $160 and half that is being robbed from me since I have not received what I payed for. And yes I also sent an email to EA. got a response saying my ticket is closed and contact through forum. REALLY
  • @EA_Jesse just happened again. I got two sets of 10 shards for Qui Gon in an 8 pack Chromium, only got the first set. This is getting really frustrating. I hope this is very high on your resolution list and that those of us who have lost significant money due to this are credited our missing shards.
  • I really think that they could give 2 S--ts about this.
  • My suggestion is that before you buy a chromium pack, screenshot your character screen with the shard counts, and then screenshot your awarded packs, and then screenshot the character screen to show that this is not a visual bug, and the shards are not being awarded.

I'm not going to buy any more packs until they fix this issue and refund shards/chromium packs for the two issues I've had, but if anyone else is still buying packs, please try and remember to screenshot before, during, and after, and submit tickets with the screenshots. That way the devs can see the issue, and the screenshots will prove that this is not a "visual" bug
  • I will also not buy anymore packs until 1. They acknowledge this is happening and fix it. 2. I hear back from them. All three of my tickets sent to them were closed and said the same thing in their response. All they did was put my name in it. 3. I diffently should get some type of credit. I know for a fact that it happened everytime I made a purchase. So unfortunately to take a screen shot as suggested won't be happening from me. I will no longer risk real money on a fact of a problem. Thanks again EA
  • This is very disappointing.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Yea its ridiculous. I'm really hoping we hear more from a moderator and this needs to be stickied or something so all occurrences can see this instead of making several different posts
  • Yep I'm 100% positive I got ripped off. Thanks for the great customer service.
  • Just wanna say this problem is pretty close to fraud. You might want to maybe respond to your customers that have spent money on something and then been denied what was purchased. Instead of sending auto response saying your ticket is closed.
  • Thinking next step is contacting ITunes and letting them know what is going on. Maybe they can contact them and get some answers. I'll ask for a refund from them. At least iTunes acknowledges their customers and will do refunds when they know you have been screwed.
  • Totally agree. We spent money to buy gems and did not get items. It's basically theft. @EA_Jesse Any update on this?
  • I don't think we are going to hear about this at all
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I would start communication with iTunes. EA seem to think mind tricks are legit.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    EA Support wrote:
    "This is working as intended"
    "You're telling me you meant to rip me off?"

Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money.
  • I have this problem too...send a ticket to EA and they really gave me a dumb automated response. EA Jesse please do something..

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.

My name is Shravan and I am a representative of EA’s World Wide Customer Experience team. I am sorry to know that your character shows 85/100 I understand how disappointing it could be.

Please perform following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

1. Update your device software
    2. Check for App updates
    3. Install another App from the App Store
    4. Restart the App
    5. Restart your device
    6. Re-install the affected app* (Please make sure that your account is linked to Facebook before re-installing the app)

More details regarding these troubleshooting steps are mentioned in the article link:

https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps

I truly hope provided information will resolve your issue however, if issue persists please get back to us
  • Opened a mega chromium pack today, got only shards for guards thrice, jawa, a droid, police. Wasted my crystals on a worthless pack... Very frustrating. Items i got can be acquired from a bronzium pack, what the hell!
  • hello EA Jesse, you can reply to other threads but not to ours on the shards not counting in problem? :p
  • this group is growing.... I sure hope it's addressed. I've had this happen a few times as well. Something needs to be done.
  • Opened a mega chromium pack today, got only shards for guards thrice, jawa, a droid, police. Wasted my crystals on a worthless pack... Very frustrating. Items i got can be acquired from a bronzium pack, what the hell!

While frustrating, if you received all of the shards you were supposed to then this is not the place for complaints about rng. What's truly frustrating is buying a pack and only getting half of the shards you should be getting regardless of character and then moderators trying to brush it under the rug. @EA_Jesse I understand the responsibility of this disaster of a situation does not fall solely on your shoulders but you are the figurehead for the community of this game and we count on you to be our voice to people who are truly to blame. Please don't let us down as this kind of situation could very easily snowball into the end of a game that has great potential.