Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• ckl
    18 posts Member
    It doesn't mater if it's a visual bug or not.

Players should have the option of a full refund when a purchase does not function as intended. Would you buy a car with a missing window? Visually or not, a detailed receipt or manifest of that transaction should be easily accessible to the players and to support when requested and as proof that the goods were delivered in full. Anything otherwise is poor software developtment planning.

When money is converted to crystals; it's still money and you absolutely need to demonstrate in a reasonable manor accountability for that process.
  • I just had this issue with an 8 pack purchase. I put a ticket in so they can look at it. We will see what they can figure out. Most importantly I hope it's fixed soon. Whether visual or not it is really off putting

In my case, I had checked the numbers before the purchase and they don't add up after. I'm wondering if it bugged out because the promotion was pending (hadn't bought the 5* promotion yet.)
  • Firespray
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Had the issue as well with quite a lot of packs already. It is very unfortunate that this critical issue has not been adressed yet. Shouldnt be too complicated to add up the shards, or at least reroll if you are not supposed to get more than one char per multipack. About the "Its not easy to reproduce" response they just need to buy a few 8 or 4 packs on a regular mobile phone like I did. Will happen often enough.
  • Happened to me yesterday. Should have been able to 5* Leia, instead stuck a few short. Incredibly disappointing.
  • Just get the bug right now. Took some screenshots, I'm gonna send them to Jesse (I already called the support and they said that they are working on it).
    Hope we will at least get the missing shards we paid for.
  • 25 days since this thread was opened. 25 days of continuing to collect money from users while not delivering a working product.
  • UPDATE: everyone that has sent me screenshots so far have been verified to have received all of their character shards, it was only the display issue that was experienced that was mentioned earlier in this email thread.

And to answer another question earlier in this thread, if you receive a character that you already have it is converted into bonus shards. This amount varies based on the starting star value of the character before they have been promoted at all.

1star = 7 shards
    2 star = 15 shards
    3 star = 25 shards
    4 star = 32 shards

So for example, Ahsoka Tano will always break down into 15 character shards if you pull her from a Chromium Pack and already had her unlocked.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • @EA_Jesse That's odd. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be easier to obtain materials to upgrade a 1-star character than it is to upgrade a 4-star? The way it is set up now you need to pull a 1-star character 4 times just to obtain close to, not even equal to, the same number of shards that you receive from pulling a 4-star character once. So a 1-star character that you have already spent a ton of time on getting to rank 4 needs to be pulled 10 more times to rank up to 5-star where-as a 4-star just needs to be pulled twice to rank up.
  • Chriseybear
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    UPDATE: everyone that has sent me screenshots so far have been verified to have received all of their character shards, it was only the display issue that was experienced that was mentioned earlier in this email thread.

And to answer another question earlier in this thread, if you receive a character that you already have it is converted into bonus shards. This amount varies based on the starting star value of the character before they have been promoted at all.

1star = 7 shards
    2 star = 15 shards
    3 star = 25 shards
    4 star = 32 shards

So for example, Ahsoka Tano will always break down into 15 character shards if you pull her from a Chromium Pack and already had her unlocked.

Wat. Are you missing the point or something. Why do you keep referring to this as a display bug? It's not, at all. For instance I purchased a 4x chromium bundle, the first pack of 4 was Princess Leia and said 12 shards (I already owned her and had 6/30 shards in the counter.)

So after the first pull, the counter ran to 18/30... The 3rd pack was a leia again, which awarded 12 shards, and the counter went from 6 to 18... Once again. Now in the leia character pane, it's saying 18/30 which is one pack. If it's a display bug I should really be at 30/30 right? Guess what I can't promote her. How about you stop spitting **** and actually fix this or start to make the wrongs right.

As it's been weeks and the same generic excuse is being used - I urge every one who has been affected to not even bother contacting CS here, go straight through your app company be it google play store or apple and get your refund because this is pathetic.
  • @Chriseybear I was only updating to say that everyone who has provided me screens received all of their shards, that what they were reporting was just the display issue, and I shed some light on how characters break down into shards based on their star level.

I am not throwing this out the window, and the team is still trying to reproduce what has been reported on this thread, but we haven't seen what some of you are saying is happening. I still have yet to see screenshots or a video of character shards not being received. If you have screenshots of this bug happening please send them my way, they won't be ignored.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • As per my other thread this just happened to me in a mega chromium pack. I already had 12 shards for geo soldier, opened 8 mega pack and got another 2x12 shards (so should now have 36) and I only have 24.

Will report this to iTunes later, can't believe this has been going on a month
  • I just did a test on chromium pack purchases and found without a doubt that we are not recieving shards for all of our pack pulls. The troubling thing about this, is that it doesn't look like it is related to the graphical issue. As I didn't receive character shards for single pulls. Please note, I don't have video evidence, but I tracked everything and the information can be found in the following thread:

Link to my test results.
  • I had the same issue, the royal guard was pulled twice in an 8 pack I bought and I only got shards for one. The problem is, I dono think anyone thought to video the purchase of packs, aND now I don't really want to buy new packs just to see if happens again
  • Hello! I had the same issue with Firs order Tie Pilot. Bought a 8x Chromium Pack, had two set of Tie Pilot Shrads, Counted only once. Case reported, helpdesk told me I have got everything (no evidence was given except our team checked and told, bla, bla, bla), case closed. Reading your complains and answers means there is no "New hope", dark side won. ;-)
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    this has happened to me too while opening several 8-packs, so i've literally been jipped out of at least a hundred shards, hopefully when/if this is fixed they find a way to make sure people who didnt get the shards they were supposed to get them somehow, this game is hard and if you want to buy anything its expensive as hell, so really unfair to not get the shards you worked for or bought, please fix!!!!

EDIT - shards are being awarded correctly, see explanation below
    Post edited by Quicksilver on
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    hey guys, this was bugging me so I tried an experiment and I figured out that the shards are being awarded correctly its just not being shown correctly. Ill explain with pictures because everything is better with pictures! I wrote a list of all my characters and how many shards they were at, then I went and bought a 8X chromium pack

before I bought the 8X pack I was at 69/100 jedi counsular shards and 4/30 stormtrooper shards, and I ended up getting jedi counsular and stormtrooper shards twice (so 4 out of 8 of the packs I opened were jedi counsular and stormtrooper shards, the other 4 packs were not important)

below are screen shots of the 2 times I pulled counsular and the 2 times I pulled stormtrooper, then the overall shards I got for the 8x, and the last pictures are my counsular and stormtrooper after the pack showing the right amount of shards were awarded

so counsular was 69/100 and I was awarded 24 shards (2x12), the total afterwards was 93/100 as shown in the pic below

stormtrooper was 4/30 shards and I was awarded 24 shards (2x12), the total afterwards was 28/30 as shown below as well

so in short, if you open an 8x or 4x pack and within those packs you are getting the shards of the same character more than once, it automatically adds up all the shards and shows it to you that way the first time that characters shards appear.

Hope this helps explain things!! if anyone has any questions let me know

IMG_0352_zpsvkfo1ugw.png
    IMG_0351_zpsft3jjbr5.png
    IMG_0350_zpssc9hejsg.png
    IMG_0356_zpsz2dd3uj2.png
    IMG_0358_zpslc5m8r5k.png
    IMG_0359_zpsoehot7it.png
    IMG_0360_zpswwcxvzml.png

• @Quicksilver what you posted is nothing new, that is the display bug @EA_Jesse keeps talking about. What other people are talking about is actually not receiving the shards.

I think it is likely the display bug is masking another bug. If you can't trust the display, what can you trust?
  • I've just noticed the issue today opening up 4x8 chromium packs. Always seems to happen with kit, leia and qui gon but that may just be because they drop the most. I can't imagine how many shards I have potentially lost over the months.

Put in my refund with Apple chat after compiling all my receipt IDs. This whale is getting back his money back.
  • Chriseybear
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Chriseybear I was only updating to say that everyone who has provided me screens received all of their shards, that what they were reporting was just the display issue, and I shed some light on how characters break down into shards based on their star level.

I am not throwing this out the window, and the team is still trying to reproduce what has been reported on this thread, but we haven't seen what some of you are saying is happening. I still have yet to see screenshots or a video of character shards not being received. If you have screenshots of this bug happening please send them my way, they won't be ignored.

My apologies if I came off hostile it's just obviously quite aggravating to a user paying for something and only receiving 75% of purchase at most. I would take a screen shot of this happening but I'm not sure I wish to purchase crystals and try it again to lose out - also it's hard for iOS users to record video of this actually happening without being jailbroken and using a third party screen recorder or actually using another device to physically record the idevice screen at the time.

I may go buy some crystals to try capture this on screenshot / video but I can assure you it's not just a display bug. Like I said I had 6 shards and got 2 packs of 12 which takes me to 30 - which is what I needed to activate / upgrade. And it was stuck on 18 shards. Only the first 12 shards counted. Left me at 18, if I ran say a cantina mission for the character it would go to 19. It's not a display bug in these cases, it's actually losing a chromium pack.

Pretty sure this was the initial problem pointed out and throughout 90% of this thread. But there is an easy quick solution I'll recommend once again. I know it's taking a slight cut on your end but this is the perfect solution until the issue is resolved, and it's better than taking the purchases down completely... Make the single chromium data pack the same crystal cost as the 8 pack single price (2520/8 = 315) this allows us to purchase single chromium data cards one by one instead of worrying about losing out - which is the only reason why I and many others have not continued to purchase. Honestly this is an ongoing problem and screenshots or not, you can see from your player base this is a real issue.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    @Quicksilver what you posted is nothing new, that is the display bug @EA_Jesse keeps talking about. What other people are talking about is actually not receiving the shards.

I think it is likely the display bug is masking another bug. If you can't trust the display, what can you trust?

I see, well hopefully my post will help clarify things for those people who come in this thread and dont understand whats going on with the display bug issue, as im sure some people here are just having the display issue and dont understand whats happening, like myself at first.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    d3gauss wrote: »
    @Quicksilver what you posted is nothing new, that is the display bug @EA_Jesse keeps talking about. What other people are talking about is actually not receiving the shards.

I see, well hopefully my post will help clarify things for those people who come in this thread and dont understand whats going on with the display bug issue, as im sure some people here are just having the display issue and dont understand whats happening, like myself at first.
    Yes, thanks. It is important for people to understand the difference. It is still pretty uncommon at least, but that just makes it harder to determine the issue, and easier for CG to overlook.

Meanwhile people affected by it are just getting more upset.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    well they have, it appears, officially closed the case as It is in the debunking rumors. so those of you who are SURE this is happening are wrong/liars....apparently. so good luck with all that. case closed.

I mean heck the AI doesn't have any advantages. I mean the same toons of lower stars/gear never all go before my toons which are maxed out */gear. never ever. well okay maybe all the time. but it's been debunked so i'll just accept that my eyes are always wrong.

I only really see a possible issue with the AI regarding SPEED. as far as proc chances that doesn't seem too off. just RNG.
    Post edited by Lokai on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    For anyone that has experienced missing shards, please read the post below by @CG_JohnSalera:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/48586/#Comment_48586
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • News after update? Thank
  • Yup this has happened to me several times as well... sometimes I wonder why I continue to spend/play
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    [img][/img]11izfp1.png

This happen to me a couple of times as well. Once with QGJ and with some Ewoks, but who gives a crap about Ewoks.
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • This has happened numerous times to me: buy a Mega-Pack and get the same character shards twice or even three times from the same pack and only getting credit for the first set not ALL the shards. I have sent in tickets to EA 3 times with 1 response saying we understand the frustration and they would do their "level best to fix it", and then closed the ticket with no further info, and twice where I received no response what so ever from support. I have now sent a PM to EA_Jesse so he can have a look at my account history and see about fixing it. I'll update when/if I get a response.
  • This has happened to me several times. For me they gained enough shards to be promoted 55/50 but when you go to promote them they didn't even have 50. Before opening more packs I made a note of how many shards every character had and I know for sure we are not getting all of our shards. A display bug? Sure I have seen that many times but why does it affect the amount of shards we are actually awarded? Something is wrong here. I have also noticed I don't always get all my Ability Mat III from Galactic war. To be honest I thought EA would have figured this out already but they can't replicate what so many of us are having an issue with. In reading the responses from EA support it seems they know there is an issue and they are trying to fix it. Really? However in the forums we are being told it’s just a display bug. What does that mean for us if they are able to replicate the bug? Would they even tell us or just fix it? Right now the response some are getting is "Contact ITunes for a refund" so who knows what will happen.

As someone who has invested a lot of money (for me anyway) in this game I am seriously thinking about contacting ITunes for a full refund. Why? This game has bugs (most do at launch) and if these bugs are affecting our purchases then EA should try to compensate us in some way. There are countless unanswered posts from people complaining about missing content (some paid content). I mean if so many are posting about this stuff there is obviously issues and yet it looks like most get no response.

I am missing shards, ability mats and now crystals so I am having a hard time with my decision. I truly do love this game but if EA can't compensate me for my loses why would I ever put another dollar into this game? If I don't put any more money into the game how am I supposed to star up the Chromium only characters I have already paid for? The game will be useless to me at that point. Sure I could be F2P but I’m sorry it’s just too slow for me which is why I spent what I did.

I'm going to wait for a response on my other post before I make my final decision. I will be very sad if I have to request a full refund on my account because of a bug that screwed me out of a $19.99 crystal pack. I mean seriously with over 1K spent the EA support desk told me sorry it looks like you got your crystals and there is nothing we can do. Just because it shows it in my ITunes and in my confirmation email it does not mean I got what I paid for. The help desk is acting like this game is perfect and it must have been my mistake. Read the bug section this game is far from perfect.

I’m sorry I hope I’m not offending anybody here I never was that great at explaining myself in forums.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6150/missing-crystals-admin-please-help#latest

Thanks!

GenKillYou
  • The same thing has happened to me with missing Kylo shards. Reported it and got the standard cryptic response (I honestly believe they respond back to you with nonsense in the hope you give up)
    Anyway I had spent $500 + on the game but won't be spending a penny more. I was prepared to spend more but not if I'm going to be ripped off.
    EA - you have actually lost money through your own incompetence.
  • Indrick
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Had it happen again. I'm reporting all my purchases to Google for refunds. EA has been terrible about responses. I'm chatting/calling daily to get this resolved and their support just keeps telling me that I will be contacted via email and I never am. I like the game, but I'm done spending money on it. I'm done with half-**** investigations by the support team and the hour+ wait times when you request a call back. I was just on the phone with them and was told that they would have to hang up and call me back in another hour. Then when I insisted on being helped now, I was told that the case was already resolved. Funny, it isn't because I didn't receive the shards I actually purchased. Then I'm told that EA can't even see my cases or the game on my account. I have better things to do with my time than wait all day for callbacks for a product I spent money on.

When you get 2 sets of Leia shards at 10 each, start at 31 shards and end up with 41, it isn't a display bug. Sorry, I'm not recording video of packs. I'm not doing your job for you anymore, EA. I highly doubt you don't have tools at your disposal to track changes in each account for shard gains. I've had cases closed without response. I had a case I chatted with, was told I would be replied to via email and the next day sure I was responded to WITH AN EMAIL ASKING ME IF I STILL NEEDED HELP AND THAT THE CASE WAS CLOSED. I'm not spending another dime on this game. I may end up uninstalling it and being done with it.

Good job screwing yourselves out of money, EA and CG.